- These notes are brief, noting major events and minor events in After Sunset: We Need to Talk that will be of consequence later. They are intended to be used as a reference for those looking for specific events for re-reading and the book discussions.
- Leafpool is waiting for Crowfeather in the shelter of a holly bush. She pops out upon seeing Crowfeather, and asks him to wait.
- Crowfeather asks Leafpool why she wants to see him.
- She replies that it has been moons since she last spoke to him, and that there is something Leafpool thinks Crowfeather should know.
- Crowfeather reminds Leafpool that they are in different Clans.
- She asks why he's being like this, and she reminds Crowfeather that it was hard for her too. Leafpool tells him she didn't have a choice, since Cinderpelt died in the badger attack, leaving her as the only ThunderClan medicine cat.
- He says that she did have a choice, and says that they shouldn't be talking like this, and his Clanmates have only just begun to trust him again, mostly thanks to Nightcloud.
- Leafpool asks why.
- Crowfeather tells her that Nightcloud had his kits last moon, and Onestar was going to announce it at the next Gathering.
- Leafpool is stunned, and replies quietly that she hadn't known.
- Crowfeather asks her what she thought he would do, and that Nightcloud is a good mother and a great cat.
- Leafpool tells him that he was right, and they had nothing to say to each other now, and say good-bye.
- Brambleclaw, Cloudtail, and Berrypaw appear before they can leave.
- They ask Leafpool if she's alright, and she replies that she's fine.
- Berrypaw remembers that Crowfeather was the one that ran off with Leafpool after the badger attack.
- A WindClan patrol arrives, and starts threatening the ThunderClan patrol.
- Tornear and Harepaw exchange insults with Berrypaw and Cloudtail, but eventually Onestar and Brambleclaw move on with their patrols.
- Leafpool tells Brambleclaw she can make it back to camp by herself, and then says quietly to herself, "Good-bye, Crowfeather. I hope we don't regret that we didn't speak today."
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.