|"This would never have happened in my day. What's next? Kit warriors?"|
|— Archeye grumbling over Brokentail receiving his warrior name early in Yellowfang's Secret, page 382|
Archeye was a ShadowClan warrior under Cedarstar's, Raggedstar's, and Brokenstar's leaderships in the forest territories. He mentored Frogpaw. He also helped save a young ThunderClan kit from a fox, and the kit promised to repay the favor to ShadowClan. Eventually, Archeye retired to the elders' den, and was banished from the ShadowClan camp by Brokenstar with the rest of the elders.
In the Super Editions
- Deerleap: "I could climb the highest tree in the forest after a squirrel, no trouble."
- Archeye: "Ah, but could you climb down again?"
- Yellowfang's Secret, page 360
- Archeye is a ShadowClan warrior. He appears at Raggedkit and Scorchkit's apprentice ceremony, coming out of the warriors' den with Crowtail and Hollyflower. Toadskip is heard whispering about why they were training half-kittypets before the ceremony began.
- While Deerleap is showing Yellowpaw ShadowClan's territory, they see Archeye, Cedarstar, and Featherstorm returning to camp from a hunting patrol. He sits next to Featherstorm at Yellowpaw's second Gathering. He is part of the raid ShadowClan made on the rats at Carrionplace, and is in Stonetooth's patrol. He is partnered with Yellowpaw, as this is her first raid. They quickly found a rat, and after nearly losing it, Yellowpaw kills it, thanking StarClan for their prey. When they get back to camp, Archeye proudly states they both didn't have a scratch on them, and that it was Yellowpaw who really caught the huge rat; he didn't help much. He tells her that she did well before they return to the others. After Cedarstar makes Boulder and Russetpaw apprentices, he distracts Nutwhisker from arguing with his sister to join him on a hunting patrol.
- Archeye is chosen to go on a patrol to chase out a badger. At the last minute, he suggests to let the apprentices, Foxpaw and Wolfpaw, join them for experience, much to Yellowfang's ire. He comes up with the plan to surround the badger and her cubs, however, much to Archeye's surprise, the badger had already left. He praises Yellowfang's ferocity, saying how she showed the badger how fierce ShadowClan warriors can be. He sits with Blizzardwing and Deerleap at Foxpaw and Wolfpaw's warrior ceremonies. Later, he slinks into the warrior den to sleep before the kittypets attack.
- The gray tabby tom is on a hunting patrol with Yellowfang, Amberleaf, and Wolfstep, and they see a WindClan patrol on ShadowClan territory. The patrolling WindClan cats consist of Redclaw, his apprentice Shrewpaw, Dawnstripe, and Talltail. After some accusations of trespassing, Archeye then starts the fight by attacking Redclaw. Fortunately, Raggedpelt comes along with a backup patrol of his own and they chase away the WindClan cats after Dawnstripe pulls Talltail away from the ShadowClan group. After the battle, he limps off to report to Cedarstar. He is chosen in the battle against the rats, which later turns into a defeat. He, Yellowfang, and Mudclaw clear the path for Raggedpelt and the injured Cedarstar.
- Moons later, he is now an elder with Deerleap and Crowtail bickering about their younger days climbing trees. During Brokenpaw's warrior ceremony, he isn't pleased about the apprentice's quick training. He also dubiously adds if ShadowClan will start training kits as warriors now. Later, Yellowfang notes that he and Poolcloud are looking thin. After Frogtail pushes Poolcloud away from the fresh-kill pile, Archeye convinces the furious Poolcloud that it wasn't forth arguing. Brokentail later lets the two elders eat their fill, much to Frogtail's dismay. He smooths out Raggedstar's fur shortly after his death, saying sadly that he should have stayed around much longer to care for his Clan for seasons to come.
- When Brokenstar banishes the elders, Archeye angrily mutters what would happen he if refused. He and the other elders and Yellowfang, help build nests in the territory. He insists that he can hunt so Nightpelt doesn't have to do all the work.
- At a Gathering, Archeye and Crowtail congratulate Crookedjaw on becoming the new deputy of RiverClan, after the former deputy, Shellheart's, retirement.
In the Novellas
- Coming Soon
In the Field Guides
- "I suppose we'd better join in before she loses both her ears."
- ―Archeye about Hollyflower to Brackenfoot Code of the Clans, page 121
Please do not edit this gallery
- Tallstar's Revenge (Allegiance only)
- Yellowfang's Secret
- Bluestar's Prophecy (Allegiance only)
- Redtail's Debt (Allegiance only)
- Blackfoot's Reckoning (Flashback only)
- Code of the Clans (First appearance)
- Hollyflower: "WindClan isn't going to go away."
- Archeye: "And ShadowClan will be ready for them."
- Yellowfang's Secret, page 79
- "You know you're in the wrong, leave now and we can avoid a fight."
- ―Archeye to trespassing WindClan warriors Yellowfang's Secret, page 222
- Frogtail: "I need this prey! I'm a warrior. I have to keep my strength up."
- Poolcloud: "What? Kits and elders eat first. That's the warrior code."
- Yellowfang's Secret, page 436
- Poolcloud: "Brokenstar can't do this to us! Has he forgotten how well we've served our Clan?"
- Archeye: "If he remembers, he obviously doesn't care. What would he do if we refused to go?"
- Yellowfang's Secret, page 460