|"The old and sick of ShadowClan are slowly starving. The casualties among our kits are more than we can cope with."|
|— Ashfur to ThunderClan in Into the Wild, page 256|
In The Prophecies Begin arc
- Yellowfang asks him and the other elders to help to save ThunderClan's kits. When they first meet the ThunderClan cats, Ashfur tells them that ShadowClan has come to help them, and that they would help rescue the kits. Whitestorm is doubtful, and asks what was in it for ShadowClan. Ashfur tells him that they wanted to get rid of Brokenstar, because he had turned from the warrior code and caused ShadowClan to suffer badly. Runningwind says it might not be easy, but Ashfur tells him that ShadowClan wouldn't resist them much. Yellowfang then interjects and introduces Ashfur to the ThunderClan cats.
- Ashfur explains to the ThunderClan patrol that the old and sick in ShadowClan are slowly starving, and the casualties among the kits are more than they can cope with. Darkstripe wonders how ShadowClan can seem so strong. Ashfur explains that Brokenstar has surrounded himself with strong, fearsome warriors that would die for him without question. The other warriors obey him only because they are afraid of him and his followers, but they wouldn't stay with him if he no longer has the advantage.
- Later, Graypaw asks if ShadowClan eats crowfood, and Ashfur explains that Brokenstar used the warriors for fighting, not hunting, and that they ate whatever they could find. Ashfur then helps Yellowfang investigate the attack, and begins wrestling with one of Brokenstar's warriors.
- Ashfur: "We have come to help you, not to harm you. You have come for your kits; we will help you rescue them."
- Whitestorm: "What's in it for you?"
- Into the Wild, page 255
Notes and references
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.