- Below contains in-depth information for chapter thirty six of Bluestar's Prophecy. If you are looking for a shorter summary of the entire book, please check the main article.
- Chapter Number: 36 (of 45)
- Page Numbers: 431-438
- Bluefur arrives at Fourtrees, and is excited to see that Oakheart waited for her. Oakheart too, seems surprised and joyful that she came to meet with him. He mentions that he thought the she-cat wasn't going to show, and Bluefur says that she couldn't get out of camp. Silence follows their conversation, and for a moment, the she-cat doubts that she should have come. Oakheart echoes her thoughts, telling her that it's too cold to stand around. Bluefur, using the only method she knows to warm up, announces that she'll race him to the top of a nearby tree. She soon realizes the tom hadn't followed her, and he reminds her that RiverClan cats can't climb. Bluefur offers to teach him, but starts teasing him, adding that she won't teach him if he's too scared.
- Oakheart denies any fear, charging past her and balancing on a tree root. Gazing up at the wide trunk, he asks the she-cat what to do next. Bluefur demonstrates how to climb up the tree, mentioning that old trees are easier to climb than young trees, for old trees have softer bark. She adds that even hefty cats like Oakheart can climb them. The tom asks who she's calling hefty and clumsily grabs the bark with his claws, prepared for his next jump. Bluefur says nothing, she just scoots up to a low branch, and Oakheart collapses beside her. The brown tom asks if she actually enjoys climbing, to which the blue-gray she-cat says of course, gesturing with her tail for him to look at the sparkling clearing below. He concludes that the view isn't bad.
- Bluefur climbs to a slightly higher branch with no struggle. Oakheart, on the other hand, is clinging to the bark with his front paws, his hind paws are swinging freely. The she-cat asks if he can manage, and he mutters that he's absolutely fine. The tom quickly grips the bark with his claws, and he hauls himself onto the branch with Bluefur, nearly knocking her off. She jokes that he is very elegant, and he playfully growls that he'll get her back. The blue-gray she-cat asks how he'll do so, and Oakheart tells her to wait until he teaches her how to swim. This terrifies Bluefur, as the prophecy said she'd be destroyed by water. She quickly realizes that Oakheart doesn't know about the prophecy.
- More Coming Soon
References and Citations
|Bluestar's Prophecy chapters|
|Prologue • Chapter 1 • Chapter 2 • Chapter 3 • Chapter 4 • Chapter 5 • Chapter 6 • Chapter 7 • Chapter 8 • Chapter 9 • Chapter 10 • Chapter 11 • Chapter 12 • Chapter 13 • Chapter 14 • Chapter 15 • Chapter 16 • Chapter 17 • Chapter 18 • Chapter 19 • Chapter 20 • Chapter 21 • Chapter 22 • Chapter 23 • Chapter 24 • Chapter 25 • Chapter 26 • Chapter 27 • Chapter 28 • Chapter 29 • Chapter 30 • Chapter 31 • Chapter 32 • Chapter 33 • Chapter 34 • Chapter 35 • Chapter 36 • Chapter 37 • Chapter 38 • Chapter 39 • Chapter 40 • Chapter 41 • Chapter 42 • Chapter 43 • Chapter 44 • Chapter 45 • Manga|
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.