|"Maybe he was lying the whole time. Maybe he's never fought anything before."|
|— Bone questioning Tiny's story in The Rise of Scourge, page 49|
Bone was the deputy of BloodClan under Scourge's leadership. He and Brick originally sought out Scourge, who was then named Tiny, to fight a dog in the Twolegplace. After the dog is chased off, Bone became a follower of Scourge and eventually his second in command. He follows his leader in battle against the allied Clans. In battle, Bone kills Whitestorm before he is then killed by a mob of apprentices in revenge for his actions.
- 1 History
- 2 Character pixels
- 3 Official art
- 4 Killed victims
- 5 Appearances
- 6 Trivia
- 7 External links
- 8 Notes and references
In The Prophecies Begin arc
- Tigerstar: "My name is Tigerstar. I've come from the forest to speak with your leader."
- Bone: "What do you want with him?"
- The Darkest Hour, page 4
- Bone is the deputy of BloodClan, a group of rogues living in the Twolegplace. He intercepts Boulder and Tigerstar at the edge of BloodClan territory, questioning who they are. Boulder greets him and states that they want to see Scourge. Bone snorts, half in contempt and half in laughter saying that he couldn't imagine their leader would want to see them. He also questions who the large tabby is. After Tigerstar introduces himself he states that he would only talk to his leader not the border patrol, angering Bone. Boulder cuts in between the two toms, insisting Scourge needs to hear as it could be to every cat's advantage. Bone hesitates for several moments until he agrees to let them pass to see the BloodClan leader, though his gaze remains hostile as they go.
- Bone travels with BloodClan to the Fourtrees meeting of TigerClan, LionClan. Firestar mistakenly assumes the tom as BloodClan's leader, but, soon is introduced to the Clan's true leader, Scourge. Bone and the cats of BloodClan advance forward after their leader kills Tigerstar. After Scourge delivers his ultimatum for the Clans, BloodClan and Bone leave Fourtrees. Later, when Firestar is visited by Ravenpaw and Barley, who was in BloodClan as a younger cat, mentions briefly that he knows Bone, and says he is brutal and nearly as bad as Scourge himself. He also says that Bone wasn't much of a deputy, and Barley makes it sound as though Bone was more of a willing cat who carried out Scourge's dirty work.
- During the battle between LionClan and BloodClan, Firestar spots Bone crouched over Whitestorm's body, who is almost unrecognisable due to the blood staining his pelt. The large tom springs towards Firestar and Graystripe at Whitestorm's side, but, he is intercepted by Bramblepaw, who leaps onto his back, and Ashpaw, who sinks his teeth into Bone's leg, distracting him long enough to give Firestar time to say his last goodbye to Whitestorm. He starts to shake them off until a screech sounds and Featherpaw, Stormpaw, and Tawnypaw join in attacking the tom. Overwhelmed by the mass of apprentices, Bone gives up the fight and dies at the claws of the Clan apprentices.
In the Stand-Alone Manga
- "Identify yourselves. We don't like strangers here."
- ―Bone to Boulder and Tigerstar The Rise of Scourge, page 76
- He becomes a follower of Scourge and eventual member of BloodClan. Bone sits under Scourge when cats begin coming to him to solve their troubles. He also, alongside Brick, accompanies his leader to deal with forest rogues causing problems for the Twolegplace cats. Bone is visibly shocked when Scourge kills one of the rogues in cold blood. He and the rest of BloodClan rise behind their leader to drive the forest rogues away. Many moons later, Bone intercepts Boulder and Tigerstar at the edge of Twolegplace before allowing the two ShadowClan cats to see Scourge.
In the Field Guides
- Rock tells Adderkit, Mosskit, and Blossomkit that he shouldn't have left Scourge and Bone for last; because he didn't want to give them nightmares about Scourge, Bone, and BloodClan, and their murderous acts; he says that BloodClan was just a group of rogues who didn't deserve the name Clan; no code of honor; no sense of right and wrong.
- He explains that Scourge and Bone were self-appointed to their positions in BloodClan, neither had a ceremony to announce their power over BloodClan. Neither Scourge nor Bone believed in StarClan, so Scourge didn't have nine lives and Bone wasn't an official deputy; and their lack of belief in StarClan was their greatest strength and their greatest weakness.
- He also explains how Bone died, taken down by a group of apprentices after he killed Whitestorm, who was Firestar's first deputy. Rock says if the kits hadn't have died when they did, they would've been fighting beside them, had they known Whitestorm; the wise and gentle warrior who died protecting what he loved, his Clan.
- Bone is mentioned by Tigerstar, while he is taking the reader on a tour of the forest. When he reaches Fourtrees, Tigerstar shows the reader where Whitestorm, Firestar's first deputy, was killed by Bone. He tells the reader how, after he'd killed Whitestorm, Bone had been brought to the ground by a group of apprentices who avenged their deputy's death. They clawed the life out of Bone, and even in the Place of No Stars, Tigerstar could hear Bone's screams of pain and the apprentices' screeches of victory.
- "No cat could have doubted Bone's loyalty to his cruel leader, and perhaps it is a tragedy that he never had the chance to live the life of a true Clan warrior."
- ―Narrator's thoughts on Bone and his loyalty The Ultimate Guide, page 198
Please do not edit this gallery
Please do not edit this gallery
Please do not edit this gallery
This list shows the victims Bone has killed:
- The Rise of Scourge
- The Darkest Hour (First appearance) †
- Blackfoot's Reckoning (Allegiance only)
- Firestar's Quest (Mentioned only)
- Secrets of the Clans (Retconned)
- Cats of the Clans
- Battles of the Clans
- The Ultimate Guide
- Bone was mistakenly called a warrior.
The following information is from sources considered non-canon or retconned.
- In Secrets of the Clans, a 2007 field guide, Bone is mentioned as Scourge's second in command, serving as a deputy for BloodClan. In Barley's story, Bone is sought out by Barley's brothers, Hoot and Jumper, trying to be a part of Scourge's guard. He follows his leader's orders without hesitation to punish Barley and Violet for breaking the Clan's rules.
- (Indirect mention only)
- (Mentioned only)
Notes and references
- Revealed in The Darkest Hour, allegiances
- Revealed in The Rise of Scourge, page 46
- Revealed in The Darkest Hour, page 297
- Revealed in The Darkest Hour, page 4
- Revealed in The Darkest Hour, page 226
- Revealed in The Darkest Hour, pages 228-229
- Revealed in The Darkest Hour, page 296
- Revealed on Vicky's Facebook
- Revealed in Secrets of the Clans, page 65
- Revealed in Secrets of the Clans, page 138
|Leaders||Scourge • Claw • Fury • Snake • Ice|
|Members||Brick • Hoot • Jumper • Jaggedtooth • Minty • Pounce • Snapper • Snipe • Tess • Willie|
|Former members||Barley • Violet • Boulder • Gremlin • Scraps|