|"I bet you're the best warrior in the Clan. I wish you could be my mentor."|
|— Snookpaw to Bouncefire in SkyClan's Destiny, page 29|
Bouncefire was a SkyClan warrior under Leafstar’s leadership in the gorge. He was born as Bounce to Clover along with his siblings, Tiny and Rock. When Firestar was rebuilding SkyClan and Clover joined the fledgling Clan with her kits, Bounce’s name was changed to Bouncekit. He became an apprentice named Bouncepaw with Patchfoot as his mentor, and later earned his warrior name, Bouncefire. He mentored Blossomheart, and was killed by Darktail when the evil tom and his rogues drove SkyClan from the gorge. Bouncefire ascended to StarClan, along with many of his deceased Clanmates.
In the A Vision of Shadows arc
- Upon SkyClan's return with the other Clans in the lake territories, Alderheart and the other medicine cats happily witness SkyClan's ancestors have joined StarClan.
In the Super Editions
- Bounce is born to a rogue named Clover, along with his siblings, Rock and Tiny. Bounce and his family are being attacked by a fox, but they are saved by Sharpclaw, Firestar, and Sandstorm. After the incident, Clover decides to join SkyClan, primarily for protection. Shortly after that, Bounce and his siblings earn their Clan names; Bouncekit, Tinykit, and Rockkit.
- While in the nursery, Bouncekit is noted as being the most troublesome and adventurous of all the kits, which gets him and his siblings in trouble numerous times. While exploring, Bouncekit and his siblings find the Whispering Cave. While he rediscovers the cave, he gets swept into the river and almost drowns. He is saved by his mother, who can swim extremely well. Because of the trouble he caused, no one believes him about the cave. Soon, he and the other kits start spreading rumors of scary things in the caves, and they are discouraged when Firestar takes a patrol in to investigate.
- When Petal and her kits come to stay, Bouncekit and his siblings jump around, yowling about how they are not the smallest anymore. When Petal explains to her kits that they are not really Clan cats and that they just need a place to stay, Bouncekit wonders if that is why they don't have the suffix of 'kit' at the end of their names.
- After Leafstar becomes SkyClan's new leader, she makes Bouncekit an apprentice, giving him Patchfoot as a mentor and awarding him his new name, Bouncepaw.
- "Did you see me trip up Tinycloud? She never saw me coming!"
- ―Bouncefire after training SkyClan's Destiny, page 98
- For his first task as a warrior, he is sent on border patrol with Sparrowpelt and Ebonyclaw. He is noted to be among the Clan cats that are hostile to the daylight warriors.
- He is later chosen to go with Leafstar to explore the dens higher up to cliff. He offers to go to the dens at the top, boasting that he can climb up there well, but is told that the entire patrol could manage it. Upon reaching the top, he sneezes because of the dust, but begins to help clean the den out. Leafstar notes that Bouncefire does not have the physical characteristics that SkyClan descendants have: long legs and hard paw pads.
- The day after his vigil with his littermates, their arguing awakens the Clan as they try to decide on the best place to hunt. Sharpclaw solves the problem quickly by sending all three of them on different patrols. He later runs into Harveymoon and Macgyver as they are leaving the camp after being punished for being rude to Sharpclaw, and is astonished at the news. He is included with the patrol attacking the Twoleg.
- Leafstar holds a Clan meeting to hold apprentice ceremonies for certain apprentices of the Clan. Bouncefire and Plumwillow line up behind their apprentices, Blossompaw and Cloudpaw. The SkyClan leader asks the mentors if their apprentices have learned all they need to know, and they reply in the affirmative.
- When Echosong first reveals the prophecy about fire having burned out, at first, cats think it may have something to do with Bouncefire or Firefern. Later, after the first mission to find the other Clans, the ginger tom comments that they can't trust kittypets. He announces that he trusts Darktail, and Leafstar agrees. In future Clan meetings, he continues to defend the white cat's place in SkyClan.
- Bouncefire leads a patrol consisting of Hawkwing, Nettlesplash, Pebblepaw, and Sandynose. The ginger tom leads the cats to SkyClan's border, and past the area where the fire had started. Bouncefire comments that luckily there's nothing to report, but as they draw closer, Hawkwing sees Darktail behaving oddly. The dark gray warrior tells the ginger tom that he'll catch up with him in a moment, and the latter nods in acknowledgement.
- During the battle against the rogues, Hawkwing almost swipes at Bouncefire, but realizes he's a Clanmate and retracts. The two warriors spring forward together, with Darktail next to Bouncefire. As soon as Hawkwing begins to feel optimistic about the fight, Darktail suddenly turns and sinks his teeth into Bouncefire's neck, resulting in a fatal wound. Shocked, Hawkwing can only stare at Bouncefire on the ground, as the ginger cat's body makes one final twitch before becoming as still as stone. Hawkwing questions Darktail and why he would attack Bouncefire, but is met with no reply as the white rogue stands over Bouncefire's body in victory.
In the Novellas
- Bouncefire is part of a patrol that meets Ravenpaw, Barley, Riley, and Bella. He bounds beside Plumwillow, hackles rising as he orders them to get out. Echosong snaps at them, saying to stop and those cats mean no harm. Bouncefire murmurs they don’t know that but stays back as he watches Echosong. The medicine cat leads Ravenpaw and his group to SkyClan with Bouncefire hissing under his breath as they pass. Later, Sharpclaw, Bouncefire, and his apprentice, Blossompaw, are getting sticks in the woods and send Bella to join them.
- After Pebbleshine is killed by a monster, she is greeted by Bouncefire, Micah, Sharpclaw, Billystorm, Snipkit and Duskpaw in StarClan.
In the SkyClan and the Stranger arc
- When Leafstar, Echosong, and Billystorm come back to camp after collecting herbs, Bouncefire and two other warriors are seen searching for their apprentices, as well as Plumwillow and Nettlesplash. They spot the young cats coming into the gorge, and when they come to where the warriors are, Bouncefire demands to know why they disappeared then came back with mangled fresh-kill. Nettlesplash apologizes that they got a little carried away when they caught it, and Bouncefire orders them to wash the pigeon scent off in the pool, before attracting foxes.
- Later, after Leafstar is captured inside the Twoleg nest, Bouncefire is on the patrol that attempt to save her but are unsuccessful.
- Harveymoon: ""Bouncefire." What kind of a name is that, anyway?"
- Bouncefire: "A better one than Harveymoon!"
- Beyond the Code, page 16
Please do not edit this gallery
|Bouncekit's naming ceremony|
|Bouncepaw's apprentice ceremony|
|Bouncefire's warrior ceremony|
- Pebbleshine: Deceased, verified StarClan member
- Sunnypelt: Living (As of River)
- Pigeonfoot: Living (As of River)
- Curlypaw: Living (As of Hawkwing's Journey)
- Snipkit: Deceased, verified StarClan member
- Reedclaw: Living (As of River)
- Fidgetflake: Living (As of River)
- Finleap: Living (As of River)
- Dewspring: Living (As of River)
- Violetshine: Living (As of River)
- Twigbranch: Living (As of River)
- Turtlecrawl: Living (As of River)
|Unnamed ♂||Clovertail ♀||Patchfoot ♂|
|See more||Sparrowpelt ♂||Tinycloud ♀||Rockshade ♂||Bouncefire ♂||Plumwillow ♀||Sandynose ♂||Honeytail ♀||Birdwing ♀||Sagenose ♂|
|Parsleyseed ♂||Pebbleshine ♀||Pigeonfoot ♀||Sunnypelt ♀||Quailfeather ♂||Reedclaw ♀||Finleap ♂||Dewspring ♂||Snipkit ♀||Curlypaw ♀||Fidgetflake ♂|
|Twigbranch ♀||Violetshine ♀||Turtlecrawl ♀||Kitescratch ♂||Beetlepaw ♂||Beepaw ♀|
|Rootspring ♂||Needleclaw ♀|
= Gender Unknown
- Firestar's Quest (First appearance)
- SkyClan's Destiny
- The Rescue
- Beyond the Code
- Ravenpaw's Farewell
- Hawkwing's Journey †
- Pebbleshine's Kits
- Shattered Sky (Indirect mention only)
- He is mistakenly shown to have white markings in Beyond the Code. This is fixed in the colored version.
The following information is from sources considered non-canon or retconned.
- Waspwhisker: "Intruders!"
- Sharpclaw: "How did they get so far within the borders without us noticing?"
- SkyClan's Destiny, page 81
- Rockshade: "It's no surprise that other cats want to learn from us. We're so strong and fierce!"
- Bouncefire: "And skilled!"
- SkyClan's Destiny, page 102
- Bouncefire, Rockshade, and, Tinycloud, are all named apprentices during leaf-fall, before Firestar and Sandstorm depart SkyClan. This would make them approximately six moons of age, placing their season of birth sometime in greenleaf.
- Revealed in Pebbleshine's Kits, chapter 8
- Revealed in Shattered Sky, page 265
- Revealed in Firestar's Quest, page 54
- As stated in Firestar's Quest, SkyClan's ancestors separated from StarClan when they left the forest. Since Bouncefire is a confirmed StarClan resident, he would have joined SkyClan's ancestors shortly before they reunited with StarClan.
- Revealed in Firestar's Quest, page 336
- Revealed in Firestar's Quest, page 288
- Revealed in Firestar's Quest, page 504
- Revealed in Hawkwing's Journey, page 201
- Revealed in Hawkwing's Journey, page 184
- Revealed in SkyClan's Destiny, allegiances
- Revealed in Ravenpaw's Farewell, allegiances
- Revealed in Firestar's Quest, allegiances
- Revealed in SkyClan and the Stranger
- Revealed in Firestar's Quest, page 279
- Revealed in Firestar's Quest, page 280
- Revealed in The Rescue, page 10
- Revealed in Firestar's Quest, page 363
- Revealed in Hawkwing's Journey, page 22
- Revealed in Tigerheart's Shadow, allegiances
- Revealed in Hawkwing's Journey, allegiances
- Revealed in Hawkwing's Journey, page 332
- Revealed in Shattered Sky, chapter 15
- Revealed on the screenshot) (
- Revealed in Squirrelflight's Hope, allegiances
- Revealed in Darkness Within, page 266
- Revealed in Lost Stars, allegiances
- Revealed in Beyond the Code, page 14
- Revealed on Vicky's Facebook
- Revealed on Vicky's Facebook