This page contains the trivia for Bramblestar.
- Bramblestar is the spitting image of Tigerstar and Hawkfrost, despite the fact that Hawkfrost has white.
- Bramblestar's appearance was based on that of Cherith's pet cat, Bramble. Additionally, the dedication of A Dangerous Path reads "To the real Bramblepaw," which refers to him.
- Bramblestar's warrior name, Brambleclaw, was chosen in honor of his father, Tigerclaw.
- Bramblestar was made deputy before he had an apprentice.
- Vicky says that Squirrelflight didn't tell Bramblestar about Jayfeather, Lionblaze, and Hollyleaf not being theirs because she wanted Bramblestar to love the kits as if they were his own.
- Kate had "never forgiven Bramblestar for stealing the deputyship from Graystripe" and said that his ruthless ambition has always appalled her.[blog 1]
- She also said that if she were to write the storyline, she would make Firestar choose Graystripe as the deputy instead, then later make Graystripe give up his deputyship for the good of the Clan. She also feels that Graystripe never got a chance to show off his true nobility.[blog 2]
- However, she later said that there was nothing to forgive, but still would have preferred Graystripe over Bramblestar.[blog 3]
- When Bramblestar stood up for Hollyleaf, calling Ashfur's death a mistake, it was revealed by Vicky that he had never actually seen Hollyleaf kill Ashfur - he was just making the best deduction he could.
- Kate has said Bramblestar chose Squirrelflight as his deputy to show his respect and loyalty towards her.[blog 4]
- He is mistakenly called Bramblepaw by Ravenpaw, even though he would have had his warrior name already because Leafpool and Squirrelflight were already born.
- On the cover of Midnight, Bramblestar is mistakenly shown with green eyes.
- Vicky has stated that Bramblestar probably cannot forgive Squirrelflight. However, this statement proves to be false, as Bramblestar forgives Squirrelflight in The Last Hope.
- It was revealed by Kate that Bramblestar and Squirrelflight reconciled their relationship after the events of The Last Hope and became mates again. However, this was contradicted in "Confidential Notes", saying that Bramblestar and Squirrelflight could never be mates, but she will remain his deputy. In Bramblestar's Storm, that is proven to be incorrect as they become mates again at the end of the book.
- Despite the fact that Thornclaw is speaking with Blackstar in Fading Echoes, Bramblestar is shown speaking in Night Whispers.
- Bramblestar says that Dewnose, Snowbush, and Ambermoon are the first cats he made apprentices. This is wrong, since Lilyheart and Seedpaw are older than Cloudtail and Brightheart's litter, and should have been made apprentices before the three cats between The Last Hope and Bramblestar's Storm. Vicky has said the reason for this will be explained in Dovewing's Silence. This was never touched upon.
- His name was mistakenly spelled Bramblelclaw.
- In River of Fire, he tells Twigpaw that he was an apprentice when Graystripe left to join RiverClan, although in reality he was still a kit. 
Notes and references
- ↑ Revealed in The Darkest Hour, chapter 6
- ↑ Revealed in Dawn, chapter 10
- ↑ Revealed in Fading Echoes, page 2
- ↑ Revealed in Erin Hunter Chat 2
- ↑ Revealed in Erin Hunter Chat 1
- ↑ Revealed in Erin Hunter Chat 4
- ↑ Revealed in Sunset, page 257
- ↑ Revealed on Vicky's Facebook
- ↑ Revealed on Vicky's Facebook
- ↑ Revealed in The Heart of a Warrior, page 11
- ↑ Revealed on the cover of Midnight
- ↑ Revealed in Erin Hunter Answers Your Questions Summer 2011
- ↑ Revealed in The Last Hope, page 328
- ↑ Revealed on Kate's official blog
- ↑ Revealed in Confidential Notes
- ↑ Revealed in Bramblestar's Storm, page 512
- ↑ Revealed in Fading Echoes, page 295
- ↑ Revealed in Night Whispers, page 6
- ↑ Revealed in Bramblestar's Storm, page 10
- ↑ Revealed in Twilight, page 109
- ↑ Revealed in River of Fire, page 46
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.