|"I trained with the Dark Forest to become a stronger warrior. I needed some cat to believe in me, and the Dark Forest cats did—or at least they seemed to. But I wasn't fighting against the Clans. I'll always be a WindClan cat first. This battle with the stoats is my chance to prove myself."|
|— Breezepelt to Crowfeather about his loyalty in Crowfeather's Trial, page 364-365|
Breezepelt is a WindClan warrior that has served under Onestar's and Harestar's leaderships in the lake territories. Breezekit was born to Nightcloud and Crowfeather alongside two other siblings who died after birth. Breezepaw was apprenticed to Whitetail and was increasingly arrogant due to feeling left out of his father's attention. He would pick fights whenever he could and eventually thought Crowfeather hated him. As a warrior, Breezepelt developed a deep hatred toward Hollyleaf, Lionblaze, and Jayfeather after it was revealed they were his half-siblings.
As Breezepelt began to train in the Dark Forest, his hatred for his half-siblings and father grew stronger. He became a mentor to Boulderfur, and during the Great Battle, he fought for the Dark Forest; however, they were defeated, and after the battle, Crowfeather nearly disowned him. WindClan believed Breezepelt should be driven out, but Onestar insisted on giving him another chance. To prove his loyalty, Breezepelt bravely fought the stoats on WindClan territory, especially after Nightcloud's disappearance. After the battle with the stoats, Crowfeather and Breezepelt reconciled, and he made amends with Lionblaze, now growing to respect his half-brother. Eventually, Heathertail became his mate, and together they had four kits, Smokekit and Brindlekit in their first litter, and Applekit and Woodkit in their second.
Looking for a longer overview? Find one here!
- "It had been obvious from the start that Breezepaw hadn't wanted to come to the mountains. And Crowfeather hadn't acted like he was glad to have him along. He didn't seem proud of anything Breezepaw did, unlike Brambleclaw, who made Hollypaw feel like the best warrior in ThunderClan when he praised her."
- ―Hollypaw thinking about Breezepaw Eclipse, page 14
- Despite not wanting to, Onestar makes him and his father travel to the mountains to assist the Tribe. The two do not get along during the journey, and Hollypaw realizes Breezepaw's anger must stem from his father's lack of attention. He earns his warrior name, Breezepelt. When Hollyleaf reveals her true parents are Crowfeather and Leafpool, Breezepelt snarls at his father in anger.
- "This has nothing to do with Brokenstar. Lionblaze should never have been born. None of them should. [Hollyleaf] is dead, now it's your turn, Lionblaze."
- ―Breezepelt's response to Ivypool and Lionblaze The Last Hope, page 308
- During the Great Battle, Breezepelt fights on the side of the Dark Forest and attacks his Clanmates. Ivypool, a fellow Dark Forest trainee, tries to reason with him, but Breezepelt is firmly set on his path. He attempts to kill Lionblaze, but Crowfeather attacks him. When Breezepelt argues that Crowfeather always hated him, Crowfeather denies it, adding that Nightcloud put those ideas into his head.
- "He's hardly the cat to talk about trustworthiness!"
- ―Alderheart's thoughts on Breezepelt River of Fire, page 127
- "The only reason we aren't killing the impostor is because the real Bramblestar might need his body one day. But his ghost hasn't been seen in nearly half a moon. And that means that his spirit might be gone. In that case, what are we waiting for?"
- ―Breezepelt at a rebels meeting Veil of Shadows, page 158
- "I know very well what you might think about me. But in my opinion, some warriors in other Clans are just looking for a reason to fight. Doesn't that make them just as much of a threat to our day-to-day lives as the cats who once trained with — or even fought for — the Dark Forest?"
- ―Breezepelt about his accusers Crowfeather's Trial, page 140
- Crowfeather finally recognizes the cat his son truly was, a scared and emotionally confused tom, and the two start to bond. Heathertail also becomes closer to Breezepelt. When Crowfeather discovers that Nightcloud is alive, he, Breezepelt, and other WindClan cats rescue her from the Twolegplace.
- After the patrol comes back to WindClan, Breezepelt is overjoyed that Nightcloud is found, but is criticized by Onestar if he is loyal to his Clan. At the Gathering, Breezepelt and other Dark Forest warriors tell the Gathering that they are as loyal to their Clan as the rest of them.
- During the final battle with the stoats, Breezepelt saves Lionblaze's life and becomes critically injured. Kestrelflight saves him after Jayfeather reluctantly gives him burdock root, and Breezepelt reconciles with his family and Lionblaze.
- "Breezepelt was looking smug and Dovewing felt an urge to rake his ears. She was sure he hadn't wanted to be a better WindClan warrior. He had wanted power and strength, and that was all."
- ―Dovewing about why Breezepelt agreed to be trained by the Dark Forest. Dovewing's Silence, page 24
Please do not edit this gallery
Please do not edit this gallery
Personality and Relationships
- Breezepelt is fierce, short-tempered, and quick to fight. He is extremely close to his mother, and despite his previous resentment of his father, the two made amends and are now on good terms. He is very protective and loving of his mate. For more of Breezepelt's personality and relationships, click here!
- Breezepelt's parents are Nightcloud and Crowfeather. His mate is Heathertail, and Smokehaze, Brindlewing, Appleshine, and Woodsong are their children. He is also the half-brother of Hollyleaf, Lionblaze, and Jayfeather. For more of Breezepelt's family, click here!
- The Sight (First appearance)
- Dark River
- Long Shadows (Mentioned only)
- Hollyleaf's Story (Allegiance only)
- The Fourth Apprentice
- Mistystar's Omen (Allegiance only)
- Fading Echoes
- Night Whispers
- Sign of the Moon
- The Forgotten Warrior
- The Last Hope
- Dovewing's Silence
- Crowfeather's Trial
- Bramblestar's Storm (Allegiance only)
- The Apprentice's Quest (Allegiance only)
- Thunder and Shadow
- Shattered Sky (Allegiance only)
- Darkest Night (Allegiance only)
- Tigerheart's Shadow (Allegiance only)
- River of Fire
- Tawnypelt's Clan (Allegiance only)
- Spotfur's Rebellion
- The Raging Storm
- Squirrelflight's Hope
- Lost Stars
- The Silent Thaw
- Veil of Shadows
- Darkness Within
- Graystripe's Vow (Allegiance only)
- Daisy's Kin
- The Place of No Stars
- Cats of the Clans
- The Ultimate Guide
- After Sunset: We Need to Talk (Mentioned only)
- Beyond the Code: Brightspirit's Mercy
- Did you know that Breezepelt may have been one of Harestar's possible choices for deputy when he became leader? For more trivia about Breezepelt, click here!
- (Warrior of the Week #35)
Notes and references
- Revealed in The Sight, allegiances
- Revealed in Veil of Shadows, page 158
- Revealed in Crowfeather's Trial, chapter 31
- Revealed in Long Shadows, page 236
- Revealed in Veil of Shadows, pages 212-213
- Revealed in Fading Echoes, page 2
- Revealed in Sign of the Moon, page 61
- Revealed in The Forgotten Warrior, page 73
- Revealed in The Fourth Apprentice, allegiances
- Revealed in Fading Echoes, page 1
- Revealed in The Sight, page 137
|Warriors||Nightcloud • Emberfoot • Leaftail • Breezepelt • Heathertail • Sedgewhisker (Flutterpaw) • Slightfoot • Oatclaw • Larkwing • Crouchfoot (Songpaw) • Hootwhisker (Whistlepaw) • Fernstripe • Featherpelt • Brindlewing • Woodsong • Appleshine|
|Apprentices||Whistlepaw • Songpaw • Flutterpaw|
|Elders||Whiskernose • Gorsetail|
|Dark Forest cats|
|Leaders||Tigerstar • Hawkfrost • Mapleshade • Thistleclaw • Maggottail • Brokenstar|
|Members||Antpelt • Darkstripe • Houndleap • Silverhawk • Snowtuft • Shredtail • Sparrowfeather • Redwillow • Rushtooth|
|Trainees||Crookedstar • Thistleclaw • Bramblestar • Hawkfrost • Lionblaze • Ivypool • Mousewhisker • Birchfall • Blossomfall • Thornclaw • Tigerstar • Antpelt • Ratscar • Applefur • Redwillow • Sunstrike • Harestar • Breezepelt • Minnowtail • Icewing • Beetlewhisker • Hollowflight • Furzepelt • Larkwing • Whiskernose|