This page contains Bristlefrost's personality and relationships. It containsdue to being based off of general novel themes, and all statements must be sourced.
- Bristlefrost is brave, sympathetic, sensitive, and eager to be useful. She has a strong sense of duty and a deep trust in the warrior code.
- Although loyal, Bristlefrost's own dedication to ThunderClan made her naive to Bramblestar's impostor, who saw he could manipulate Bristlefrost into being his "eyes and ears" within ThunderClan. Bristlefrost became obsessed with being loyal to him, to the point where she stubbornly refused to believe Rootpaw or Squirrelflight when they said their leader was an impostor.
- "Thanks, Rootpaw. I wanted to see you, because I need to tell you how sorry I am for the way I behaved when you brought me the vole. I was rude and ungrateful [...] You did a kind thing for me, and I treated you horribly. Please forgive me, Rootpaw."
- —Bristlefrost to Rootpaw Lost Stars, pages 183-184
- Cats throughout the Clans soon noticed their close relationship. When Rootpaw appeared trespassing on ThunderClan territory, many assumed he was looking for Bristlefrost, but the suggestion infuriated Bristlefrost. After Rootpaw revealed that he wasn't actually there for her, however, Bristlefrost was disappointed. He confided in her about seeing Bramblestar's ghost, something he had only previously told his father, Tree, though Bristlefrost doubted his honesty.
- "I told you. I'm worried about Bramblestar. He's been acting weird. But you say it's not Bramblestar. And that makes sense. Bramblestar was always kind. He always wanted the best for his Clan, but I think this Bramblestar wants to hurt ThunderClan. He doesn't care who suffers [...] We have to expose Bramblestar. It's the only way we'll be safe. We need the support of more powerful cats."
- —Bristlefrost at the secret meeting The Silent Thaw, page 234
- Her feelings changed when she discovered that he had tried to murder Sparkpelt, Bramblestar's daughter. She attended a secret meeting of cats against the impostor. Bristlefrost vowed to expose him as a fraud. However, she retained the impostor's trust, who revealed to her that he would have made her deputy if he could.
- "[Bristlefrost] trailed behind Stemleaf and Spotfur, keeping her distance, unsure if they'd forgiven her for helping Bramblestar. Besides, the other two warriors were so close now, she felt awkward around them. She'd put her feelings for Stemleaf aside, but it didn't mean that seeing him and Spotfur together didn't hurt."
- —Bristlefrost mourning her relationship with Stemleaf The Silent Thaw, page 240
- "Some cats would be jealous, but Flippaw and Thriftpaw are so supportive!"
- —Bristlepaw's thoughts on her littermates Lost Stars, page 134
- "Bristlefrost leaned into her father’s familiar embrace, thinking how lucky she was to have two parents who loved her."
- —Bristlefrost finding comfort in her parents Lost Stars, page 250
Shadowsight, Lightleap, and Pouncestep
- "Bristlefrost felt sorry for the apprentice, her kin, who wasn’t much older than her. He even looked a bit like her and her littermates . . . she could see Flippaw in the shape of his eyes, Thriftpaw in the seriousness of his gaze. What must it feel like, when all the Clans think you’re lying?'"
- —Bristlefrost observing Shadowpaw Lost Stars, page 207
- "I focused on the things I could control, like being the best warrior I could be. And you can do the same. All your training isn’t a waste if you can use it for the good of your Clan. And maybe one day you’ll find the right mate. You’re a young cat; there’s no rush. Meanwhile, your Clan needs you."
- —Rosepetal to Bristlefrost Lost Stars, pages 170-171
- "Even though she knew that Snaptooth meant no more than friendliness, that was a path where she refused to set her paws."
- —Bristlefrost's thoughts on Snaptooth Lost Stars, page 199
Notes and references
- ↑ Revealed in Lost Stars, page 32
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Revealed in The Silent Thaw, page 23
- ↑ Revealed in The Silent Thaw, page 234
- ↑ Revealed in The Silent Thaw, page 25
- ↑ Revealed in The Silent Thaw, page 158
- ↑ Revealed in The Silent Thaw, page 192
- ↑ 7.0 7.1 Revealed in The Silent Thaw, chapter 5
- ↑ 8.0 8.1 Revealed in The Silent Thaw, chapter 11
- ↑ Revealed in Lost Stars, page 56
- ↑ Revealed in Lost Stars, pages 127-128
- ↑ Revealed in The Broken Code, pages 183-184
- ↑ Revealed in Lost Stars, page 185
- ↑ Revealed in The Silent Thaw, chapter 2
- ↑ 14.0 14.1 Revealed in The Silent Thaw, chapter 8
- ↑ Revealed in The Silent Thaw, chapter 17
- ↑ Revealed in The Silent Thaw, page 316
- ↑ Revealed in Lost Stars, chapter 3
- ↑ Revealed in Lost Stars, page 141
- ↑ Revealed in Lost Stars, page 169
- ↑ Revealed in Lost Stars, page 217
- ↑ 21.0 21.1 Revealed in The Silent Thaw, page 17
- ↑ Revealed in Lost Stars, page 134
- ↑ Revealed in The Silent Thaw, pages 54-55
- ↑ Revealed in The Silent Thaw, page 153
- ↑ Revealed in Lost Stars, chapter 12
- ↑ Revealed in Lost Stars, page 142
- ↑ Revealed in Lost Stars, page 250
- ↑ Revealed in River of Fire, page 265
- ↑ Revealed in Lost Stars, page 207
- ↑ Revealed in The Broken Code, page 249
- ↑ Revealed in Lost Stars
- ↑ Revealed in Lost Stars, chapter 16
- ↑ Revealed in Lost Stars, pages 197-199
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.