|"Ryewhisker, you can't do this! We have to fight our own battles!"|
|— Cloudberry insisting that Ryewhisker should stop protecting her in Code of the Clans, page 15|
Cloudberry is a slender, thick-furred, dark gray she-cat with blue eyes.
In the Field Guides
- Cloudberry meets with her WindClan mate, Ryewhisker. He challenges her to race him to a hawthorn bush, but Cloudberry protests that it's not fair, and she knows that he'll win because of the fact that he is a WindClan cat, swift and agile. Then she says she'll race him to the hawthorn if he races her across the river. Ryewhisker refuses, stating he tried that once. Cloudberry replies, saying that falling off a stepping-stone was hardly a proper way to learn how to swim. Ryewhisker then asks if their kits will be able to run fast and swim, the traits of each of their Clans.
- Cloudberry stares at him in astonishment, asking how he knew she was pregnant. She said that she was going to tell him, but that she wasn't sure how he'd feel about it. She worries about what her father, Emberstar, will think, since he wanted RiverClan kits, because a bout of greencough had killed a few of them. Ryewhisker agrees to let them be raised in RiverClan, but that he'll stay with her when they're born. Then he says that the kits can join WindClan when they are old enough. Cloudberry also worries about the fish that WindClan had supposedly stolen from RiverClan, causing a rift between the two Clans. Ryewhisker argues that these kits might bring peace between the two rival Clans.
- During a WindClan and RiverClan battle, and Cloudberry joins in on her Clan's side. She is attacked by Hawkfur of WindClan, but Ryewhisker, his Clanmate, stops him, throwing him off and into the reeds. Cloudberry protests they had to fight their own battles. Ryewhisker, however, tells Hawkfur that Cloudberry is expecting his kits, which means he can't let Hawkfur hurt her. Cloudberry suddenly screeches for Ryewhisker to look out, but he does not get away in time, and a RiverClan warrior bites his neck and kills him instantly. Cloudberry mournfully asks Ryewhisker's dead body what he has done.
- Ryewhisker's death caused the leaders to come up with an addition to the warrior code, to prevent this type of incident from happening again: "Defend your Clan, even with your life. You may have friendships with cats from other Clans, but your loyalty must remain to your Clan." Cloudberry is not present at the Gathering, however, due to her being too close to having her kits for her to safely travel.
Please do not edit this gallery
= Gender Unknown
- Code of the Clans (First appearance)
- Ryewhisker: "Do you think our kits will be able to run fast and swim?"
- Cloudberry: "How did you know? I... I was going to tell you, I promise, but I wasn't sure how you'd feel. I thought you might want WindClan kits..."
- Code of the Clans, page 11
- "You'll let me raise them in RiverClan?"
- ―Cloudberry asking Ryewhisker if she could raise their kits Code of the Clans, page 12
- "Oh, Ryewhisker, what have you done?"
- ―Cloudberry when Ryewhisker is killed Code of the Clans, page 15
- (Indirect mention only)
Notes and references
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.