|"They want to fight all the time. They’re violent prey-stealers, and I don’t want anything to do with them."|
|— Cricket about the cats from the mountains in A Forest Divided, pages 8-9, Bonus Scene|
Cricket is an orange tabby tom with green eyes.
In the Dawn of the Clans arc
- Slate: "She's surviving, but it's hard. I know what it's like to lose someone I loved. My brother died saving me from a fox attack— look."
- Gray Wing: "I'm sorry. Your brother must have been a great cat."
- The Blazing Star, page 85
- When Gray Wing notices the scar on Slate's belly, she explains that her brother saved her from a fox, also indicating that he died in the fight as well. Gray Wing feels sympathetic for the she-cat, he tells her that her brother must be a great cat.
- "Though they were littermates, Slate and Cricket were completely different cats. Slate had amber eyes and thick gray fur, quite unlike Cricket's orange tabby pelt. Cricket was light-hearted, always joking and playing around, while Slate was more serious and liked to plan ahead. Once they had been part of a happy family. But the sickness that stalked the moor had taken their mother and their sister, leaving Slate and Cricket alone."
- ―Narrator A Forest Divided, page Bonus Scene page 2
- Cricket leaps onto Slate and terrifies her. He jests at her after she yells at him, saying that he got her. Cricket's ear gets cuffed by Slate with a sheathed claw, as Slate wouldn't dare to hurt him. After Slate says that they couldn't mess around all day, Cricket tells her that his belly never felt so empty before. Cricket and Slate split up to find food, after he boasts to her that he'd catch something first. As they split up, Slate hears a scream. She realizes that Cricket is battling against a fox. Slate tries to help her brother, but the fox is too wily. As Slate is injured, Cricket screams and attacks the fox. Slate blacks out afterwards.
- Slate wakes up to see a bundle of familiar orange fur—Cricket. She sees Cricket's fur being strewn in a mess of blood. She chokes out for her brother after she realizes that he is dead. Slate blames herself, thinking that she failed him. She wishes that she could just join Cricket. Slate remembers that Cricket had said that Wind's cats fought all the time. When offered to join the group, she uses Cricket's excuse to reject the offer. She then tells Wind that a fox killed Cricket, and she feels the grief stir inside of her at the thought of her dead brother. Later, when Slate faces the fox. She realizes that it is the same fox that killed Cricket, as she remembers the same eye that got injured by him. Slate kills the fox, snarling at it that it is for killing her brother.
Please do not edit this gallery
= Gender Unknown
- A Forest Divided (First appearance)
- "It was stupid of me to get so far ahead. What if something happens to him? Cricket is always getting into mischief."
- ―Slate's thoughts after losing Cricket A Forest Divided, page 1, Bonus Scene
- "Cricket gone… it's not possible."
- ―Slate's thoughts after Cricket dies A Forest Divided, page 7, Bonus Scene
- Slate: "Cricket had been outraged by the way these cats had appeared on the moor and settled down there and in the nearby forest, making it harder for the local cats to find prey."
- Cricket: "They want to fight all the time. They're violent prey-stealers, and I don't want anything to do with them."
- A Forest Divided, pages 8-9, Bonus Scene
- "That fox killed the cat I loved best."
- ―Slate about the fox that killed Cricket A Forest Divided, page 17, Bonus Scene
Notes and references
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.