|"I'm proud of you Crowfeather. At last, you're beginning to change."|
|— Ashfoot to Crowfeather in Crowfeather's Trial, page 356|
- Below contains in-depth information for chapter twenty seven of Crowfeather's Trial. If you are looking for a shorter summary of the entire book, please check the main article.
- Chapter Number: 27 (of 34)
- Page Numbers: 346-356
- Crowfeather is having a dream about all the cats he loved. He awakens, and asks for Leafpool. The she-cat purrs that Crowfeather is awake, and he slowly starts to remember what happened. He says that he needs to help WindClan and that Onestar will need him, but Leafpool tartly tells him that Onestar cannot have him because he needs time to recover.
- As Leafpool goes to get him fresh-kill, Kestrelflight walks in and tells Crowfeather that Mistystar sent Mothwing to help tend to the injured cats. As Kestrelflight leaves Leafpool to take care of Crowfeather, Leafpool asks the tom to open up to her, and Crowfeather thinks about how he could tell her about his problems with Breezepelt and Nightcloud and how Onestar nearly banished him from WindClan. Instead he tells her that things have been better and asks about her life in ThunderClan. The she-cat replies saying that StarClan has accepted her as a full medicine cat, and Crowfeather asks if their kits have accepted her, and Leafpool says that Hollyleaf was the only cat who could never accept that she was half-Clan.
- Crowfeather thinks about how he never got the chance to know her, and Leafpool says that in spite of everything that happened before, the tom can still be proud of all of his kits. Crowfeather finally opens up to her about how he wants to be proud of Breezepelt, but it's hard for him. When Crowfeather asks for Leafpool's advice, Leafpool jokes about how he never asks another cat for advice, but then more seriously adds that Breezepelt and Nightcloud are his kin, and accuses him of being difficult. Crowfeather is outraged, but then he recognizes the truth of what Leafpool said.
- Nightcloud enters the medicine cat den to give Crowfeather fresh-kill, narrowing her eyes at Leafpool. The tom offers to share with Nightcloud, but she abruptly tells him that she already ate. Leafpool then leaves, and Nightcloud and Crowfeather talk about their feelings for each other. Crowfeather apologizes to Nightcloud about not appreciating her fierce love for their kit, and he asks her if they should become mates again. Nightcloud tells him that they both never fully loved each other, and that they should be polite to each other for Breezepelt's sake, and they part ways.
- When Crowfeather dreams, Ashfoot appears to him, telling him he learned his lesson, and that she sent the dream about Hawkfrost and Hollyleaf to tell him to have love for his kin. Crowfeather vows to himself that he will make sure Breezepelt knows that Crowfeather loves him.
Notes and references
- Revealed in Crowfeather's Trial, page 346
- Revealed in Crowfeather's Trial, page 351
- Revealed in Crowfeather's Trial, page 348
- Revealed in Crowfeather's Trial, page 356
- Revealed in Crowfeather's Trial, page 347
- Revealed in Crowfeather's Trial, page 349
- Revealed in Crowfeather's Trial, page 350
- Revealed in Crowfeather's Trial, page 353
- Revealed in Crowfeather's Trial, page 355
|Crowfeather's Trial chapters|
|Prologue • Chapter 1 • Chapter 2 • Chapter 3 • Chapter 4 • Chapter 5 • Chapter 6 • Chapter 7 • Chapter 8 • Chapter 9 • Chapter 10 • Chapter 11 • Chapter 12 • Chapter 13 • Chapter 14 • Chapter 15 • Chapter 16 • Chapter 17 • Chapter 18 • Chapter 19 • Chapter 20 • Chapter 21 • Chapter 22 • Chapter 23 • Chapter 24 • Chapter 25 • Chapter 26 • Chapter 27 • Chapter 28 • Chapter 29 • Chapter 30 • Chapter 31 • Chapter 32 • Chapter 33 • Chapter 34 • Graphic novel|