|"I still don't forgive you. Everything I said is still true. But I'm a medicine cat, and I can't just let a cat die when I could save him. Not even Breezepelt. So here is the burdock root."|
|— Jayfeather to Crowfeather in Crowfeather's Trial, chapter 32|
- Below contains in-depth information for chapter thirty two of Crowfeather's Trial. If you are looking for a shorter summary of the entire book, please check the main article.
- Chapter Number: 32 (of 34)
- Page Numbers: 395-404
- Crowfeather watches his apprentice Featherpaw chase a rabbit, and praises her when she kills it. They head back to camp and drop their catches on the fresh-kill pile. Crowfeather sends her to help her denmates clean the elders' den, though she's reluctant. He then turns to Kestrelflight's den to visit Breezepelt, who's still recovering from his wounds from the battle with the stoats. On his way, Heathertail emerges and quickly finds Nightcloud. She tells them that Breezepelt has taken a turn for the worse, and that they need to come to the medicine den.
- The three cats go to the den to find Breezepelt awake and feverish, but muttering nonsense. Kestrelflight comes and gives him herbs to help with the fever. The medicine cat explains that he's healing well except for one bad bite, which he can't treat due to lack of burdock root. Crowfeather says they can go search for some, and asks what to look for. Kestrelflight responds that the leaves die back in the cold, making the roots impossible to find, so they'd have to ask another medicine cat. Nightcloud insists Crowfeather should go ask Leafpool, and he's surprised but agrees.
- Crowfeather waits at the ThunderClan border for a patrol, but wishes he'd brought a companion. Berrynose greets him rudely, but he quickly explains why he's here. Sandstorm agrees to escort him to camp, and Ivypool joins them as they travel through the forest. When they reach the stone hollow Crowfeather goes straight to the medicine den. However, Leafpool isn't there, and only Jayfeather and Briarlight are inside.
- Crowfeather explains why he's here, but Jayfeather quickly insists he has no burdock root to spare. Despite the WindClan tom's pleading, Jayfeather says he cannot forgive him or Breezepelt, and sends him away. Crowfeather apologizes for his past actions, and murmurs that he should've known it would be a no. He leaves, making plans to stop by ShadowClan and RiverClan. However, Jayfeather comes after him and gives him the root. He says that Crowfeather still isn't forgiven, but as a medicine cat he can't let a cat die willingly. He says thank you as Jayfeather turns away, and bounds back to WindClan territory.
References and citations
|Crowfeather's Trial chapters|
|Prologue • Chapter 1 • Chapter 2 • Chapter 3 • Chapter 4 • Chapter 5 • Chapter 6 • Chapter 7 • Chapter 8 • Chapter 9 • Chapter 10 • Chapter 11 • Chapter 12 • Chapter 13 • Chapter 14 • Chapter 15 • Chapter 16 • Chapter 17 • Chapter 18 • Chapter 19 • Chapter 20 • Chapter 21 • Chapter 22 • Chapter 23 • Chapter 24 • Chapter 25 • Chapter 26 • Chapter 27 • Chapter 28 • Chapter 29 • Chapter 30 • Chapter 31 • Chapter 32 • Chapter 33 • Chapter 34 • Manga|