|"I'm so proud of you, Crowfeather. Proud that you're finally listening. No cat can be a good warrior, or a loyal Clanmate, with a closed heart. Now you have opened yours...and WindClan is better for it."|
|— Ashfoot to Crowfeather in Crowfeather's Trial, page 408|
- Below contains in-depth information for chapter thirty three of Crowfeather's Trial. If you are looking for a shorter summary of the entire book, please check the main article.
- Chapter Number: 33 (of 34)
- Page Numbers: 405-409
- Crowfeather enters the medicine den, and Nightcloud and Heathertail jump up to meet him. He reports that he saw Jayfeather, and he'd given him the burdock root. Kestrelflight chews the root into a poultice, quickly applying it to Breezepelt's stoat bite. As the day passes, the four cats stay in the medicine den to watch over the black tom. Kestrelflight meows that his deep sleep is good for healing.
- Crowfeather tells Nightcloud and Heathertail to go get something to eat, while he stays with his son. They reluctantly agree, while he settles down closer. Crowfeather thinks about when Breezepelt was born, and how much he admired Nightcloud. He admits that he didn't love the she-cat, but respected her, and was proud she was bearing his kits. The tom reflects that two of the litter had died, though Breezepelt came out strong.
- Crowfeather stays until sunset, and watches as Kestrelflight sleeps. Breezepelt wakes up, and his father asks how he is. The tom mews that he's alright, and questions if he'd been here all night. Crowfeather explains that Heathertail and Nightcloud were here first, but they'd gone to rest. Breezepelt is pleased, noting that Heathertail is great. He continues that it's surprising she wants to be with him. Crowfeather asks why not, as she's lucky to have a tom like him. Breezepelt questions if he really believes that, and the older tom insists so.
- Crowfeather remembers how much things have changed, and silently remembers his promise to Ashfoot. Breezepelt goes back to sleep, and he does the same. Crowfeather dreams he's out on an open hillside, and finds his mother waiting. He exclaims that she's made it to StarClan, and she confirms it. She says that she's proud of him and how much he's changed. Crowfeather admits that it's scary learning to care again, but that it's worth it. Ashfoot informs him that they won't meet again like this, and they say their farewells.
References and citations
|Crowfeather's Trial chapters|
|Prologue • Chapter 1 • Chapter 2 • Chapter 3 • Chapter 4 • Chapter 5 • Chapter 6 • Chapter 7 • Chapter 8 • Chapter 9 • Chapter 10 • Chapter 11 • Chapter 12 • Chapter 13 • Chapter 14 • Chapter 15 • Chapter 16 • Chapter 17 • Chapter 18 • Chapter 19 • Chapter 20 • Chapter 21 • Chapter 22 • Chapter 23 • Chapter 24 • Chapter 25 • Chapter 26 • Chapter 27 • Chapter 28 • Chapter 29 • Chapter 30 • Chapter 31 • Chapter 32 • Chapter 33 • Chapter 34 • Manga|