|"These are your Clanmates, Goosekit. The cats who will feed and protect and train you until you are ready to patrol alongside them. They will always look after you."|
|— Daisytoe to Goosekit in Goosefeather's Curse, chapter 1|
Daisytoe is a gray-and-white she-cat with yellow eyes.
Daisytoe was a ThunderClan warrior under Oakstar's, Doestar's, and Pinestar's leaderships in the forest territories. Her sister was Flashnose, and she was apprenticed to Doefeather as Daisypaw. She later became a warrior known as Daisytoe and gave birth to Rooktail's kits, Moonkit and Goosekit. After her death, Daisytoe ascended to StarClan.
In the Novellas
- Daisypaw bursts into camp, along with Flashpaw, Littlepaw, Nettlebreeze, and Squirrelwhisker after returning from training. She says that she had a great battle practice, which Doefeather points out that she looked like she lost. Flashpaw declares that she did, and that she and Littlepaw nearly squashed the gray-and-white apprentice. Squirrelwhisker then joins the conversation, saying that it wasn't necessarily a move to take into battle, and tells Doefeather that Daisypaw fought very well, even when the two apprentices joined against her. Doefeather purrs to that, and thanks Squirrelwhisker for taking her apprentice out for training. Pinepaw chimes in, saying that his first walk out of the territory was amazing and that he had seen a kittypet and some Twolegs, which Daisypaw teases him for. Mistpelt tells them that Pinepaw did really well, and suggests that he joins Squirrelwhisker's practice tomorrow to help Daisypaw out. During a hunting patrol, Pinepaw declares that intruders are invading their territory. The patrol rushes to the tunnels, finding that ShadowClan is invading via the tunnels, and a fight erupts. During the battle, a gray-and-white she-cat snaps at Daisypaw's ears, and Squirrelwhisker clouts her ears to protect her apprentice.
- Affter the battle, Daisypaw returns to camp with a deep bite on her foreleg. She stays in the medicine den and listens to Nettlebreeze's story of Mapleshade, with Pinepaw by her side, and she asks Nettlebreeze to tell them more. He mentions how Frecklewish died, and if Mapleshade isn't in the Place of No Stars, there isn't justice. The apprentices, agreeing with his words, chant their approval. Later, Daisypaw and Littlepaw join Pinepaw in the hollow, and Littlepaw asks the others if they think the kittypets would be dumb enough to attack. Daisypaw replies that she wish they would, and how she'd love to show them how to fight. As the Clan prepares to fight the kittypets to warn them to stay out of their land, Daisypaw, Flashpaw, and Littlepaw are joined by Pinepaw at the fresh-kill pile. Daisypaw confesses to the brown tom she's to excited to eat, while Littlepaw solemly remarks that they'll need their strength in the upcoming battle. When they reach the Twolegplace, Doefeather orders Squirrelwhisker and Pinepaw to go over the fence and take the kittypets, and tells Daisypaw and Littlepaw to stay with her.
- Goosekit: "I'd rather stay with you. There are too many cats here."
- Daisytoe: "No more than usual! These are your Clanmates, Goosekit. The cats who will feed and protect and train you until you are ready to patrol alongside them. They will always after you."
- Goosefeather's Curse, page chapter 1
- Daisytoe is a ThunderClan queen and mother of Rooktail's kits, Goosekit and Moonkit. She calls out for Goosekit, who is listening to a story about TigerClan. She says that it's a lovely day and he should be out to enjoy it and not be smothered in a den. As Goosekit walks out, he trips over a moss ball, and Daisytoe rushes over, stressing if he is okay. Moonkit says he is alright and immediately goes to play with the other kits. Goosekit winces as he watches the kits crash into each other. Daisytoe licks the top of his head and urges him to join, reassuring that he won't suffer any injuries.
- Goosekit asks about Rabbitkit being in the medicine den again. Daisytoe shakes her head and says that Rabbitkit got a thorn in his nose. She explains that he is clumsy and hasn't grown into his paws. Goosekit stresses he'll never grow into a warrior himself, and Daisytoe starts to explain that is not what she meant. The entrance rustles and Larksong walks forward, commenting on the amount of prey and telling Daisytoe she would have loved it. Daisytoe looks wistful as she thinks to try next moon. She explains she wants her kits to be weaned first. Rooktail, who was on hunting patrol with Larksong brings a squirrel to Daisytoe for her to eat. Daisytoe's eyes lighten as she thanks her mate for the food.
- Goosekit tries to head for the nursery but Daisytoe stops him, insisting to stay outside as it's too nice to go inside. Daisytoe asks if he wants to play with his denmates, nodding to Moonkit. Goosekit curls into his mother's belly and explains he wants to stay with her as there are too many cats around. Daisytoe purrs there are no more cats than usual. She explains they are his Clanmates, and they will protect and feed him until he can do it himself. She states that they will always look after him. Goosekit thinks that Stormpaw won't, and claims he'll try to kill him. Daisytoe stiffens and growls he cannot say that as Stormpaw will protect him like his Clanmates.
- Goosekit explains that there will be a badger and Stormpaw will leave Goosekit to fend for himself. Daisytoe scolds her son, saying he is letting his imagination run away from him and orders him to stop it. She points out he hasn't seen a badger. Goosekit explains what he knows about badgers, saying that they are fierce and angry and eat kits. Daisytoe wraps her tail around the kit and says that he'll have to train extra hard to become a strong warrior. She tells him to stop listening to the elders stories as they are giving him mouse-brained ideas. Goosekit nestles closer into her belly for comfort.
- At some point, Fallowsong becomes Daisytoe's denmate, and she mentioned that the other she-cat is out on patrol while the kits play hide-and-seek. Flashnose notices that her daughter Swiftpaw is missing, and asks Daisytoe's patrol as they drop their fresh-kill on the fresh-kill pile where she is. Daisytoe tucks the tail of a squirrel as she explains she hasn't seen a whisker of the apprentice, and explains she thought Swiftpaw was retrieving herbs. Daisytoe quickly prompts her kits into the nursery to keep them out of the way of the search, but Goosekit stays still, so she sweeps her tail and tells him he has to come too. Moonkit protests that they can help the search, but Daisytoe says they can't as its bad enough there's a missing apprentice. She promises to return soon and whisks around to join the search.
- After Goosekit reveals the location of Swiftpaw and the apprentice is brought back, Daisytoe leaves her sister Flashnose tending to Swiftpaw and stands beside Pineheart. She tells Goosekit that he has to tell the truth, and asks if he went outside the camp by himself and if that's how he knew of Swiftpaw's location. Goosekit insists a warrior told him but before anyone else could say anything, Cloudberry interrupts and tells Daisytoe to help Flashnose clean the mud off her daughter.
- After Swiftpaw is given the warrior name of Swiftbreeze, Doestar announces that she is making one of the kits an apprentice. Fallowsong glances questionably at Daisytoe, who looks away. Goosekit wonders if his mother is not happy about his sudden apprenticeship and if she's scared about breaking the warrior code. Goosekit reassures his mother in his mind, saying he has a gift but is frustrated at the same time he cannot share this secret with her. At the Moonstone, Echosnout comments that Goosepaw should still be at his mother's belly. After Goosepaw receives his full name of Goosefeather, he is attacked by a badger as he saw in visions as a kit. He feels the same fear as he did when he was a kit, and whispers his mother's name. After Moonpaw rescues him, Daisytoe attacks the badger tearing its ears with her claws.
- A mysterious cat trains Goosefeather in his dreams, urging him to pretend that she just clawed out his mother's eyes. Goosefeather imagines his mother bleeding and blinded, and immediately reacts. Goosefeather has a vision of ThunderClan starving, and sees his mother hunched and bleak-eyed, lurch close to him. Goosefeather's whispers her name, but Daisytoe just stumbles to the empty fresh-kill pile and leans on her mate. The mysterious cat talks with Goosefeather again, asking what's wrong as he looks like a fox has just eaten his mother. After a Gathering, Goosefeather runs beside his mother as ThunderClan leaves Fourtrees. In shock he realizes that Daisytoe is limping from an aching haunch and that she is growing old. Goosefeather decides to stay close to his mother as they head through the trees.
Please do not edit this gallery
Please do not edit this gallery
- Sootfur: Deceased, verified StarClan member
- Rainwhisker: Deceased, verified StarClan member
- Reedwhisker: Living (As of The Place of No Stars)
- Perchkit: Deceased, verified StarClan member
- Pikepaw: Deceased, verified StarClan member
- Sorreltail: Deceased, verified StarClan member
- Primrosepaw: Deceased, verified StarClan member
- Cinderheart: Living (As of The Place of No Stars)
- Poppyfrost: Living (As of The Place of No Stars)
- Honeyfern: Deceased, verified StarClan member
- Lilyheart: Living (As of The Place of No Stars)
- Seedpaw: Deceased, verified StarClan member
- Molewhisker: Living (As of The Place of No Stars)
- Fernsong: Living (As of Daisy's Kin)
- Larksong: Deceased, verified StarClan member
- Cherryfall: Living (As of The Place of No Stars)
- Hollytuft: Living (As of Daisy's Kin)
- Sorrelstripe: Living (As of Daisy's Kin)
- Leafshade: Deceased, verified StarClan member
- Honeyfur: Living (As of The Place of No Stars)
- Leopardfoot: Deceased, verified StarClan member
- Spottedleaf: Deceased, no residence
- Willowpelt: Deceased, verified StarClan member
- Longtail: Deceased, verified StarClan member
- Graystripe: Living (As of The Place of No Stars)
- Tigerstar: Deceased, no residence
- Darkstripe: Deceased, verified Place of No Stars member
- Stormfur: Living (As of Graystripe's Vow)
- Bumblestripe: Living (As of The Place of No Stars)
- Bramblestar: Living (As of The Place of No Stars)
- Hawkfrost: Deceased, no residence
- Tadpole: Deceased, residence unknown
- Feathertail: Deceased, verified Tribe of Endless Hunting and StarClan member
- Blossomfall: Living (As of Daisy's Kin)
- Briarlight: Deceased, verified StarClan member
- Tawnypelt: Living (As of The Place of No Stars)
- Mothwing: Living (As of The Place of No Stars)
- Pine That Clings to Rock: Living (As of Graystripe's Vow)
- Feather of Flying Hawk: Living (As of Graystripe's Vow)
- Tigerstar: Living (As of The Place of No Stars)
- Flametail: Deceased, verified StarClan member
- Eaglewing: Living (As of The Place of No Stars)
- Plumstone: Living (As of The Place of No Stars)
- Lark That Sings at Dawn: Living (As of Graystripe's Vow)
- Breeze That Rustles the Leaves: Living (As of Graystripe's Vow)
- Dawnpelt: Deceased, verified StarClan member
- Stemleaf: Deceased, verified Place of No Stars member
- Shellfur:Living (As of The Place of No Stars)
- Juniperclaw: Deceased, residence unknown
- Strikestone: Deceased, verified Place of No Stars member
- Shadowsight: Living (As of The Place of No Stars)
|Rooktail ♂||Daisytoe ♀||Flashnose ♀|
|Moonflower ♀||Goosefeather ♂||Swiftbreeze ♀|
|Bluestar ♀||Snowfur ♀||Patchpelt ♂||Redtail ♂||Leopardfoot ♀||Spottedleaf ♀||Willowpelt ♀|
|Mistystar ♀||Stonefur ♂||Mosskit ♀||Whitestorm ♂||Swiftpaw ♂||Lynxkit||Longtail ♂||Mistkit ♀||Tigerstar ♂||Nightkit ♀||Graystripe ♂||Rainwhisker ♂||Sootfur ♂||Sorreltail ♀|
|See More||See More||See More||See More||See More|
= Gender Unknown
- Larksong: "You'd have loved it out there today. The prey was practically falling into our paws!"
- Daisytoe: "Maybe next moon, Larksong. I need to get the little ones weaned first."
- Goosefeather's Curse, page chapter 1
- Daisytoe: "Come on, into the nursery. I want you to stay here until I come back. You too, little one."
- Moonkit: "But we could help look for Swiftpaw!"
- Goosefeather's Curse, page chapter 2
- "You have to tell the truth. Have you been outside the camp on your own? Is that how you knew where Swiftpaw had gone?"
- ―Daisytoe questioning how Goosekit knew of Swiftpaw's location Goosefeather's Curse, page chapter 3
Notes and references
- Revealed on Vicky's Facebook Page
- Revealed on the
- Revealed in Goosefeather's Curse, allegiances
- Revealed in Goosefeather's Curse, chapter 3
- Revealed in Pinestar's Choice, allegiances
- Revealed in Goosefeather's Curse, chapter 1
- Revealed in Bluestar's Prophecy, page 8
- Revealed in Bluestar's Prophecy, page 502
- Revealed in Bluestar's Prophecy, page 18
- Revealed in Rising Storm, page 120
- Revealed in Mistystar's Omen, chapter 2
- Revealed in Mistystar's Omen, chapter 3
- Revealed in Sunset, page 27
- Revealed in The Forgotten Warrior, page 146
- Revealed in The Fourth Apprentice, page 299
- Revealed in Bramblestar's Storm, page 478
- Revealed in The Apprentice's Quest, allegiances
- Revealed in Goosefeather's Curse, page 37
- Revealed in Bluestar's Prophecy, page 362
- Revealed in Graystripe's Vow, page 44
- Revealed in Bluestar's Prophecy, page 266
- Revealed on the screenshot) (
- Revealed in Forest of Secrets, page 223
- Revealed in Eclipse, page 158
- Revealed in Rising Storm, pages 19-20
- Revealed in Return to the Clans, pages 2-3
- Revealed in Sign of the Moon, page 2
- Revealed in Tawnypelt's Clan, chapter 6
- Revealed in Dark River, pages 20-21
- Revealed in Shattered Sky, chapter 4
- Revealed in Tawnypelt's Clan, page ?
- Revealed in Thunder and Shadow, page 348
- Revealed in Tigerheart's Shadow, chapter 18