|"She's watching him as if he's just a kit!"|
|— Goosekit about Dawnfeather watching Nettlebreeze in Goosefeather's Curse, chapter 3|
In the Novellas
- Cloudberry takes Goosekit aside, and looking around the clearing, Cloudberry asks the kit if there are cats there that he doesn't know the name of, and when he points out that there's a she-cat beside Nettlebreeze, Cloudberry tenses and inquires about that cat.
- Goosekit explains that the she-cat has pale orange fur, and white paws, and is watching the ancient elder as if he were just a kit, amusement in his tone. Nudging Goosekit to come with her, Cloudberry tells Goosekit to follow her, so they could ask Nettlebreeze for the mysterious cat's name. Asking the ginger cat if he knew a pale orange she-cat. Nettlebreeze's spine fur rises as he growls that Dawnfeather was his mother and if she had spoken to them from StarClan. Goosekit almost interrupts that his mother is right beside him until Cloudberry clamps her tail over his mouth, and tells Nettlebreeze that Dawnfeather had told her to tell her son that all was well, and she is watching over him.
- With a grunt, Nettlebreeze puts his chin on his paws, muttering that he was sure it's a nice thought while he closes his eyes. After Goosekit and Cloudberry leave the elders' den, the little tom squeaks what was going on, because Dawnfeather had been beside him the whole time, and Cloudberry explains to him that it was because she was dead and had gone to StarClan before the medicine cat had even joined ThunderClan.
- At Goosepaw's apprentice ceremony, he is fairly sure that he can see Dawnfeather by the entrance to the elders' den with Beetail.
- Vicky describes Dawnfeather's eyes like the color of the sky at dawn.
Please do not edit this gallery
Notes and references
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.