|"I died in the storm that gave birth to you. With this life I give you a mother's love."|
|— Duskwater giving a life to Crookedjaw in Crookedstar's Promise, page 441-442|
In the Super Editions
- Duskwater, a RiverClan elder, leaves to go make dirt when the camp floods, but she doesn't come back before they evacuate. This causes the other elders to worry for her safety. She does not come back at all, having drowned in the flood.
- When ThunderClan tries to take the Sunningrocks, Troutclaw votes to not fight for them, arguing that they have already lost so much. Stormkit wonders if he is talking about Duskwater.
- Later, she gives Crookedjaw his second life, the gift of a mother's love. She tells him that she died on the night he was born. Though Crookedjaw has never met her, he feels as if he's known her all his life. When he receives her life, it is fierce and shocking, and he wonders if a mother's love for her kits is really that strong.
Please do not edit this gallery
- "I can't go without Duskwater! She went to make dirt before the camp flooded. She hasn't come back yet."
- —Troutclaw resisting going to higher ground Crookedstar's Promise, page 4
- "Haven't we lost enough?"
- —Troutclaw after Duskwater's death and the flood Crookedstar's Promise, page 18
- "But it's almost newleaf. It won't be long before we have more prey than we need. And right now I'd rather go hungry than lose another Clanmate."
- —Echomist after Duskwater's death Crookedstar's Promise, page 20
Notes and references
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.