Ellice M. Lee is the Associate Art Director of Philomel Books, which is an imprint of Penguin Young Readers Group. She has done the jacket designs for all of the reprinted editions of the first five main arcs in the Warriors series, as well as every Warriors book released after.
- Ellice was a freelance jacket designer, but is now the Associate Art Director of Philomel Books, which is an imprint of Penguin Young Readers Group. She started working for HarperCollins while a freelance designer, at her studio ebb+flo.
- She directs and designs picture books and novels, and has worked with many award-winning authors. Many of her titles have been on the New York Times best-seller lists and featured in New York magazine, TIME magazine and have won Caldecott honors, Coretta Scott King awards, finalist for the National Book Award and Society of Illustrators Original Art Show awards.
- She is a Christian, and feels that her faith is very personal and a source of strength. Ellice feels that it is her honor and duty to share stories that represent all types of human experience, which focus on a broader sense of inclusion. She loves to "make a positive difference in women, regardless of political opinions."
- Ellice is on the board of directors of a program called City Growers, which is based in New York City. It's main goal is to provide and expand access to experiential environmental and food education to kids. She loves to farm and garden.
In the Warriors series, she has done the jacket designs for:
- The redesigned covers of The Prophecies Begin, The New Prophecy, Power of Three, Omen of the Stars, and Dawn of the Clans.
- She has been credited with all original Warriors jacket designs released after, including Shadows of the Clans. These books would include those released as part of the novellas, Super Editions, and main arc books.
- Some of her first edition printing books for Warriors are Shadows of the Clans, Moth Flight's Vision, and The Apprentice's Quest.
Reprinted jacket designs
- Ellice has done the jacket designs for the following reprinted versions of Warriors books:
First edition jacket designs
Her other works include:
- She Persisted
- What’s the Big Deal About Freedom
- Harlem’s Little Blackbird
- Life, Animated
- The Night Tourist
- The Paladin Prophecy
- The Drowned Vault
- Her nickname is Eliz Leemon.
- She loves to volunteer and is impassioned about social justice causes.
References and citations
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 1.6 1.7 1.8 1.9 Revealed on easternpennpoints
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Revealed on citygrowers.org
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 3.3 3.4 3.5 Revealed on ebb-n-flo.com
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 Revealed on the back cover of Into the Wild
- ↑ Revealed on the back cover of Moth Flight's Vision
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 6.2 6.3 6.4 Revealed on the back cover of Shadows of the Clans
- ↑ 7.0 7.1 Revealed on publishersweekly.com
- ↑ 8.0 8.1 Revealed on hfny.org
- ↑ 9.0 9.1 Revealed on ebb-n-flo.com
- ↑ Revealed on nypubposts
- ↑ Revealed on citygrowers.org
- ↑ Revealed on the back cover of Midnight
- ↑ Revealed on the back cover of The Sight
- ↑ Revealed on the back cover of The Fourth Apprentice
- ↑ Revealed on the back cover of The Sun Trail
- ↑ 16.0 16.1 Revealed on the back cover of Legends of the Clans
- ↑ 17.0 17.1 17.2 Revealed on the inside right flap of Moth Flight's Vision
- ↑ Revealed on the inside right flap of Hawkwing's Journey
- ↑ Revealed on the inside right flap of Tigerheart's Shadow
- ↑ 20.0 20.1 20.2 20.3 20.4 20.5 20.6 20.7 20.8 Revealed on the inside right flap of The Apprentice's Quest
- ↑ Revealed on the inside right flap of River of Fire
- ↑ Revealed on the inside right flap of The Raging Storm
- ↑ Revealed on the back cover of Graystripe's Adventure