|"RiverClan won't thank you for interfering! You've got no right to act like ThunderClan is here to save us all!"|
|— Ferretclaw to a ThunderClan patrol in Bramblestar's Storm, page 154|
Ferretclaw is a cream-and-gray tom.
Ferretclaw was a ShadowClan warrior under Blackstar’s and Rowanstar’s leaderships in the lake territories. He was apprenticed to Oakfur as Ferretpaw, and later earned his warrior name, Ferretclaw. He also mentored Spikefur.
- 1 History
- 2 Character pixels
- 3 Appearances
- 4 Trivia
- 5 Quotes
- 6 External links
- 7 Notes and references
In the Omen of the Stars arc
- Ferretpaw is a ShadowClan apprentice and his mentor is Oakfur.
- Jayfeather: "What's the matter? Worried I might give you some medicine?"
- Ferretpaw: "Shut up!"
- Fading Echoes, page 166
- Ferretpaw is on a ShadowClan border patrol with his mentor, Oakfur. They capture Jayfeather and Squirrelflight on their territory, but the ThunderClan cats tell them that they need to speak to Littlecloud for information on how to treat Briarpaw's back injury. Oakfur refuses at first, thinking that it's an ambush and that they're a battle patrol with more warriors hiding in the bushes. When Squirrelflight asks them if they smell any other warriors, Ferretpaw snorts, saying that they may be disguised. After Squirrelflight asks once more, Ferretpaw's mentor finally agrees.
- While leading them to camp, Ferretpaw circles around Jayfeather suspiciously. Jayfeather gets annoyed and snaps at him, asking him if he's afraid he'll give him some medicine. The apprentice reacts by hissing at him to shut up.
- When Blackstar tells Pinepaw to demonstrate a new move on some pretend ThunderClan warriors, Oakfur acts as Hazeltail, while Ferretpaw acts as Thornclaw.
- Ferretpaw is now a warrior named Ferretclaw, along with Pinenose and Starlingwing. His warrior name is announced at the next Gathering.
In the Super Editions
- "We're all okay."
- ―Ferretclaw lying about his Clan Bramblestar's Storm, page 154
- As a ThunderClan patrol cross ShadowClan territory, they hide up a tree as a patrol approaches. Ferretclaw and his apprentice are part of that patrol and Bramblestar expects them to catch their scent and yowl at them, but the patrol rushes past without finding the hidden cats. He notices that their eyes are wide in tension, fur bristling, and gaze darting. Lionblaze asks what they are doing as they don't seem to be checking the border marks or hunting. Bramblestar doesn't guess; he is only relieved they didn't spot them.
- Ferretclaw and Spikepaw are part of another patrol, this time with Rowanstar and Pinenose. Their furious gaze is on Bramblestar and his patrol as their fur spikes so they look twice their size. Later, Ferretclaw is spotted with his leader, Tigerheart and Tawnypelt, battered and scarred. Bramblestar guesses they have just come from attacking a hoard of badgers. During the battle against the badgers, Ferretclaw is picked up by a badger by the scruff and shaken violently. The warrior flails his paws but cannot swipe his attacker. Bramblestar distracts the badger, and it lifts its head to fling Ferretclaw away. Bramblestar loses sight of the tom as he lands in ferns and scrambles up quickly to avoid the badger.
In the Novellas
- Ferretclaw is now mentoring Spikepaw.
Please do not edit this gallery
Please do not edit this gallery
- Squirrelflight: "Do we look like a battle patrol?"
- Oakfur: "There may be more of you."
- Fading Echoes, pages 165-166
- (Indirect mention only)