|"Finchflight. You have served your Clan well and you deserve to have another apprentice. I know you will pass on your skills to Rowanpaw."|
|— Cedarstar making Finchflight a mentor in Yellowfang's Secret, page 40|
Finchflight is a black-and-white tom.
In the Super Editions
- "For StarClan's sake, what's happening? Rowanpaw, are you okay?"
- ―Finchflight asking if his apprentice is okay Yellowfang's Secret, page 62
- Finchflight tells Amberleaf, Deerleap, and their apprentices that Rowanpaw caught a starling while out hunting, and that both she and Nutpaw had done really well. They then have a joint battle training session with all three siblings and their mentors. Finchflight expresses concern when Scorchpaw accidentally injures his apprentice. When Rowanpaw says she wants to continue, he agrees but tells everyone to be more careful. Finally, he ends the training session and tells Rowanpaw to see Sagewhisker about her scratches.
- Rowanpaw mentions that she used the latest move Finchflight had taught her in the battle against WindClan. Before the rat raid, Finchflight hisses at Rowanpaw and Yellowpaw to be more quiet, and orders Yellowpaw to join her patrol. Finchflight returns to camp with the dawn patrol he led, including Raggedpelt. Amberleaf tells Finchflight that Russetpaw and Boulder have really settled well into the Clan, considering they are from Twolegplace, and might make warriors after all. Finchflight agrees that they do work hard, and Mousewing had told him they're doing their best to understand the warrior code.
- Finchflight goes to see Sagewhisker about a thorn in his paw, but only sees Yellowfang, deciding that she will have to do. He says the thorn is a nuisance, as he was supposed to go on a patrol to hunt rats with Brackenfoot. Yellowfang attempts to get the thorn out, but accidentally bites him. Sagewhisker appears, and when Yellowfang explained, she told her that she did exactly the right thing. Finchflight growls that she didn't do the right thing when she bit him. Sagewhisker finishes the treatment, and Finchflight races to catch up with his patrol. Yellowfang comments to Sagewhisker that she could block out the pain she felt until she bit Finchflight, and then she couldn't concentrate on keeping that pain out as well. Yellowfang is bothered by Finchflight's pain from his paw.
- In another rat raid, Finchflight is chosen with Brokentail, Cloudpelt, and Blackfoot to lie in wait before jumping out and circling the first few rats to appear. They follow their orders and help to surround the rats. Later, he sits with Amberleaf and Cloudpelt near the warriors' den, discussing the best places to hunt.
Please do not edit this gallery
Please do not edit this gallery
- Tallstar's Revenge (Allegiance only)
- Yellowfang's Secret (First appearance)
- Redtail's Debt (Allegiance only)
- Nutpaw: "I caught a mouse!"
- Finchflight: "And Rowanpaw caught a starling. They've both done very well."
- Yellowfang's Secret, page 60
- "Can we have a bit of quiet at the back?"
- ―Finchflight telling Rowanpaw to quiet down Yellowfang's Secret, page 103
Notes and references
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.