|"I knew Smoky wouldn't try to stop me. He has always cared about Floss more than me."|
|— Daisy's thoughts before leaving the barn in Secrets of the Clans, page 152|
Floss is a small gray-and-white she-cat.
Floss was a loner who lived at the Horseplace near the lake with Daisy and their mate, Smoky. Floss and Smoky had a litter of kits, but they were taken away by Twolegs, and Daisy fled the horseplace with her kits to join ThunderClan. Floss died of greencough, despite the Twolegs' attempts at saving her. After her death, Coriander took her place at the barn.
- 1 History
- 2 Character pixels
- 3 Official art
- 4 Kin
- 5 Personality
- 6 Relationships
- 7 Appearances
- 8 Trivia
- 9 External links
- 10 Notes and references
In The New Prophecy arc
- On the way to the Gathering, the Clan cats pass the Horseplace and meet Daisy and Smoky. Smoky is unfriendly and threatens the Clan cats, but as they are getting aggressive, Whitetail tells them to calm down. She scents kits and infers that Smoky is defending them. Daisy is impressed with Whitetail and tells the cats that Floss had given birth to a litter the day before. Daisy reassures Smoky that these are good cats as Firestar assures them that his Clan, nor any of the Clans, would ever harm kits.
- She is mentioned by Daisy when she seeks shelter in ThunderClan for herself and her kits, Berry, Mouse, and Hazel. Daisy briefly explains how Floss' second litter was taken by Nofurs, and notes that the kits will never see their mother again.
- "Dinner! And about time, too."
- ―Floss about the Twoleg food Sunset, page 190
In the Power of Three arc
- Hazeltail: "We're on the trail of a killer!"
- Floss: "What- Who did they kill?"
- Sunrise, page 53
- Floss greets Hazeltail when ThunderClan patrol searching for Sol stops by the barn. Smoky tells his daughter that Floss used to help Daisy look after her when she was first born. Hazeltail doesn't remember, but recalls seeing Floss when Daisy first brought them back to the barn after Berrynose's accident and the badger attack. As she explains what happened to his tail, Floss is surprised, asking if his injuries were serious. Hazeltail reassures her that Berrynose is just fine, thanks to Leafpool.
- She invites the Clan cats to stay with them for the day, but they refuse, and Hazeltail tells her they're trailing a murderer. Floss becomes nervous, asking who was killed, but Brackenfur soothes her, explaining to her that it is a long story. When Brambleclaw gives Sol's description, she gasps and says she saw him heading across the field a few sunrises back. After gathering the information, the patrol leaves, thanking Floss and Smoky for the information they've provided.
In the Super Editions
- When Daisy and Bramblestar go to see Smoky, Daisy finds out from Smoky that Floss has died of greencough, despite the Twolegs' attempts to save her. Daisy is sad when hearing about her death, and is furious with the new cat, Coriander, who is replacing Floss, and the obvious affection that Smoky is giving her. Daisy moves on, though, with her anger at Smoky blocking the grief of Floss's death.
In the Novellas
- «I just couldn't bring myself to [tell Smoky about Hazeltail] that day. It shocked me, the way he said Coriander had replaced Floss...The words couldn't come.»
- —Daisy's thoughts Daisy's Kin, page chapter 2
- After learning that Coriander is having trouble kitting, Daisy remembers that her and the queen hadn't gotten of on the best terms, as Floss's death had hit Daisy hard. Soon, Daisy recalls that she couldn't bring herself to tell Smoky of his dead kits as when Smoky said that Coriander had replaced Floss, Daisy was too caught up thinking how any cat could replace Floss.
Please do not edit this gallery
Please do not edit this gallery
|Spiderleg ♂||Daisy ♀||Smoky ♂||Floss ♀|
|Toadstep ♂||Rosepetal ♀||Unnamed kit||Coriander ♂||Daisy ♀||Unidentified kits|
|Hazeltail ♀||Mousewhisker ♂||Honeyfern ♀||Berrynose ♂||Poppyfrost ♀|
|Molewhisker ♂||Cherryfall ♀|
= Gender Unknown
- "Replaced Floss? How can any cat replace Floss?"
- ―Daisy after hearing about Coriander Bramblestar's Storm, page chapter 5
- "[...] Has Smoky forgotten about her already because of Coriander? I thought he loved Floss!"
- ―Daisy about Floss and Smoky Bramblestar's Storm, page chapter 5
- "Where’s Floss? I can’t wait to see her again."
- ―Daisy to Smoky before learning of Floss's death Bramblestar's Storm, page chapter 5
- Mothwing's Secret (Mentioned only)
- Starlight (First appearance; mentioned only)
- Twilight (Mentioned only)
- Leafpool's Wish (Allegiance only)
- Outcast (Mentioned only)
- Hollyleaf's Story (Allegiance only)
- The Fourth Apprentice (Allegiance only)
- Mistystar's Omen (Allegiance only)
- Fading Echoes (Allegiance only)
- Night Whispers (Allegiance only)
- The Forgotten Warrior (Allegiance only)
- The Last Hope (Allegiance only)
- Bramblestar's Storm † (Mentioned only)
- Daisy's Kin (Mentioned only)
- Secrets of the Clans (Retconned)
- Vicky thinks that Daisy might be distantly related to Floss.
- In the same post, Vicky also mistakenly said that Daisy and Floss had similar coloring.
The following information is from sources considered non-canon or retconned.
- In Secrets of the Clans, a 2007 field guide, Floss explains to Daisy that the Nofurs took her kits away as they had with her previous litter. When Daisy announces that she will leave after her kits are born, Floss asks her where she will go. Daisy thinks of finding the Clans, and Floss questions why Clan cats are happy living in the wild, suggesting that Daisy find a warm barn to live in instead. She reminds Daisy that they know little about the Clan cats, but Daisy decides to leave anyway, believing Smoky will make no attempt at stopping her. Daisy wonders if she will find a cat that will care for her as much as Smoky cared for Floss to help care for her kits.
- (Indirect mention only)