|"[Appledusk] striking Birchface so hard that the ThunderClan cat lost his footing and slipped from the very top of Sunningrocks. […] His apprentice Flowerpaw leaped in after him and struggled to keep Birchface’s head out of the water but the current was too strong and they were swept downstream into the half-submerged crossing rocks. For one terrible moment, dark tabby and dappled gray heads rose above the surface, then both vanished into the tumbling foam. Their bodies were found just beyond the stones, washed up on the ThunderClan shore as if they were making a last desperate effort to go home."|
|— Mapleshade remembering Flowerpaw's death in Mapleshade's Vengeance, chapter 1|
In Mapleshade's Vengeance, Flowerpaw is a ThunderClan apprentice with Birchface as her mentor. At a Gathering, Rainfall reminds Mapleshade of Flowerpaw's and Birchface's deaths. It is then explained that Appledusk landed a blow on Birchface so hard he fell from the top of Sunningrocks into the river, and Flowerpaw went after him, trying to keep his head above the water. However, the current was too strong, and the two were swept away, screeching in fear. It is said that their bodies were found on ThunderClan's shore, and appeared as if they desperately tried to go home.
When Mapleshade points out that warriors must show mercy, Frecklewish replies that Appledusk didn't show any mercy to Birchface and Flowerpaw. Mapleshade believes that Birchface merely fell, and that Flowerpaw shouldn't have gone after him. When it is revealed that Appledusk is the father of Mapleshade's kits, Frecklewish reminds the others that their father killed Birchface and Flowerpaw. Oakstar then says the same thing, questioning Mapleshade's reasons for choosing him.
- Mapleshade's Vengeance † (First appearance; mentioned only)
- "Remember what happened to Birchface and Flowerpaw. Those rocks belong to us, and we'll kill as many of your Clanmates as we need to until you give them up."
- ―Rainfall to Mapleshade Mapleshade's Vengeance, page 10
- "It was an accident. I never meant for him to fall in the river."
- ―Appledusk about Birchfall's and Flowerpaw's deaths Mapleshade's Vengeance, page chapter 1
- Frecklewish: "Appledusk didn’t show any mercy to Birchface and Flowerpaw!"
- Mapleshade: "Birchface fell! Flowerpaw should never have followed him into the river!"
- Mapleshade's Vengeance, page 23
- "Their father killed Birchface and Flowerpaw! Get them out of here!"
- ―Frecklewish about Appledusk's kits Mapleshade's Vengeance, page 41
- "Have you forgotten that Appledusk murdered Birchface and Flowerpaw?"
- ―Oakstar to Mapleshade Mapleshade's Vengeance, page 42
- (Mentioned only)