|"Stay away from that water!"|
|— Furzepelt to a ThunderClan patrol in Bramblestar's Storm, page 144|
Furzepelt is a gray-and-white she-cat.
Furzepelt was a WindClan warrior under Onestar's leadership in the lake territories. As an apprentice, Furzepaw was mentored by Heathertail. She trained in the Place of No Stars and earned her warrior name of Furzepelt. She mentored Larkwing. She later cut all ties with the Dark Forest and earned back the trust of her fellow Clanmates. During a clash with Darktail's group, Furzepelt was severely wounded. Shortly after the battle concluded, she hit her head and died, which had a deep impact on WindClan.
- 1 History
- 2 Character pixels
- 3 Appearances
- 4 Trivia
- 5 Quotes
- 6 External links
- 7 Notes and references
In the Omen of the Stars arc
- Furzepaw is a WindClan apprentice, and her mentor is Heathertail.
- Furzepaw leaves the Dark Forest with Breezepelt and Sunstrike after a training session with Hawkfrost, although she isn't mentioned by name. Though they don't notice her, Ivypool watches them as they disappear into the distance. Dovewing later overhears Antpelt's death with her powers. Swallowtail's screeches over the dying cat are then taken over by Breezepelt, who whispers for Sunstrike and Furzepaw to join him. He mutters to them to not to say anything about the Dark Forest; Antpelt is still on their side despite being dead.
- Breezepelt: "Mouse-brain! Now I'll have to fight you! Just wait until I see you in the Dark Forest. You need to be taught where your loyalties lie."
- Furzepaw: "Yeah, we'll get you then as well!"
- The Forgotten Warrior, page 29
- Furzepaw is with Breezepelt, Heathertail, and Boulderpaw when they challenge Birchfall and Ivypool, telling them to get out of the border stream. Ivypool notices that neither Furzepaw nor Breezepelt show any signs of exhaustion after their training session in the Dark Forest the night before. Furzepaw hangs back, and she agrees with Breezepelt when he hisses at Birchfall and Ivypool that they'll have their revenge again when they see them in the Dark Forest.
- Furzepaw, now a warrior with the name Furzepelt, is part of the young WindClan patrol in the battle in the tunnels, along with Breezepelt, Whiskernose, Weaselfur, Harespring, Owlwhisker, and Heathertail. Her patrol flees into the tunnels after they are driven back by the ThunderClan warriors. Dovewing later sends out her senses and finds that the patrol is heading back to the WindClan camp.
- When the announcement of going into other Clans' territories is made, Furzepelt is mentioned to be present, along with Beetlewhisker, Tigerheart, and Birchfall. During the meeting, Tigerheart and Furzepelt shoulder their way to the front. As they are in ThunderClan territory, Birchfall's gaze nervously darts towards Furzepelt.
- As the Dark Forest cats announce their plan to destroy the Clans, Icewing beckons Harespring and Furzepelt closer to her, and informs them not to let Tigerstar see that they are afraid, to keep quiet, and to do his orders, or they will never see their home again. During the battle against the Dark Forest, Furzepelt fights for the Clans, and she is seen standing with Emberfoot, Gorsetail, Ratscar and Tawnypelt.
In the A Vision of Shadows arc
- "Furzepelt! [...] She's dead!"
- ―Alderpaw announcing Furzepelt is dead Thunder and Shadow, page 66
- Emberfoot asks what will happen to Furzepelt's body, and Bramblestar orders Cloudtail and Rosepetal to sit with it until a patrol can come for her. The ThunderClan leader offers to send Onestar some cats to help carry Furzepelt back to their camp. The WindClan tom reluctantly agrees, and Bramblestar assigns Snowbush, Blossomfall, and Berrynose to the task. Later, her death is mentioned several times when cats talk about the rogues' attacks.
In the Super Editions
- "You've obviously never fought with them. They're fierce, their teeth are sharp, and they attack when you're not expecting them."
- ―Furzepelt describing the stoats to ThunderClan Crowfeather's Trial, page 368
- Crowfeather and Heathertail exit the tunnels back onto the moor and find Furzepelt and Harespring waiting for them. Furzepelt's eyes stretch wide with amazement at the two cats, exclaiming that they stink and asks what happened. As they wait for Nightcloud and Breezepelt, Furzepelt wonders what they found, and says they should be back soon. Later, she is seen on the dawn patrol, leading Bramblestar, Jayfeather and Lionblaze into WindClan's camp. Furzepelt explains to Harespring that Bramblestar wants to discuss Kestrelflight’s vision with Onestar. After they talk, Onestar gives Gorsetail and Furzepelt the order to escort them away.
- Later, after the stoats attacked WindClan, Furzepelt and Leaftail are left in charge of repairing the camp. When ThunderClan and WindClan gather to work together to get rid of the stoats, the ThunderClan cats marvel at how WindClan could be beaten by such small animals and Furzepelt disdainfully mews they've obviously never fought one before. During the final battle against the stoats, Furzepelt is seen with one clinging to her shoulders, and she desperately rolls over in an attempt to get it off.
- "And we're not going to cross. So keep your filthy ThunderClan paws off our side."
- ―Furzepelt mocking a ThunderClan patrol Bramblestar's Storm, page 348
- Furzepelt is part of another patrol at the WindClan border. Crowfeather, Featherpaw, Furzepelt and Gorsetail are making their way upstream and meet with a ThunderClan patrol. Fur bristling, Furzepelt snaps they are not going to cross and orders the ThunderClan patrol to keep their filthy ThunderClan paws on their side. She mocks that ThunderClan don't care who they let into the Clan. She teasingly suggests that they miss Firestar so much that they are looking for a replacement in kittypets.
Please do not edit this gallery
- The Fourth Apprentice (First appearance; allegiance only)
- Mistystar's Omen (Allegiance only)
- Fading Echoes (Allegiance only)
- Night Whispers (Allegiance only)
- Sign of the Moon
- The Forgotten Warrior
- The Last Hope
- Dovewing's Silence (Allegiance only)
- Crowfeather's Trial
- Bramblestar's Storm
- The Apprentice's Quest (Allegiance only)
- Thunder and Shadow †
- She has mistakenly been called a tom.
- She is mistakenly listed as an apprentice in The Last Hope, despite becoming a warrior in The Forgotten Warrior.
- "What happened to you? Great StarClan, you stink!"
- ―Furzepelt to Crowfeather and Heathertail Crowfeather's Trial, page 55
- "But ThunderClan never seems to mind who they let into their Clan. Maybe you're missing Firestar so much that you're looking for a kittypet replacement."
- ―Furzepelt teasing a ThunderClan patrol Bramblestar's Storm, page 348
- (Indirect mention only)
- (Indirect mention only)
Notes and references
|Dark Forest cats|
|Leaders||Tigerstar • Hawkfrost • Mapleshade • Thistleclaw • Maggottail • Brokenstar|
|Members||Antpelt • Darkstripe • Houndleap • Silverhawk • Snowtuft • Shredtail • Sparrowfeather • Redwillow • Rushtooth|
|Trainees||Crookedstar • Thistleclaw • Bramblestar • Hawkfrost • Lionblaze • Ivypool • Mousewhisker • Birchfall • Blossomfall • Thornclaw • Tigerstar • Antpelt • Ratscar • Applefur • Redwillow • Sunstrike • Harestar • Breezepelt • Minnowtail • Icewing • Beetlewhisker • Hollowflight • Furzepelt • Larkwing • Whiskernose|