|"I can't make all dead cats appear. Needletail told me about StarClan. I've never seen a StarClan cat. I think I can only sense cats who are still tied to the living. They've stuck close to us. They can't move on until they've done what they feel they need to do. Like Needletail. She will only find her way to StarClan when she has finished what she started here."|
|— Tree on the ghost cats in Darkest Night, page 298|
This unnamed residence serves as a place for ghost cats, acting as a Purgatory of sorts. With the known cases seen the books, cats are unable to move on into StarClan until they accomplish a certain task. 
- While this residence does not seem to have a set place, it appears as a realm where only ghosts can coexist and are stuck. Tree is able to see the spirits on his own will.
Relation to living cats
- Cats stuck in this residence are unlike those seen in StarClan or even the Place of No Stars. Instead, cats will appear as ghosts to alive cats, as seen with both Violetshine and Crowfeather, who saw Needletail and Ashfoot in the living world. The most these ghosts can do is merely appear to the living. According to Tree, they are tied to the living world due to something they feel they should accomplish, and will only find their way to StarClan when it is completed.
- According to Needletail, she appears in the residence when Tree is present. This brings into question why Ashfoot was able to do so years prior to Tree's introduction to the Clans.
- "Once we had delivered our message, we were able to move on to StarClan."
- —Needletail to Alderheart River of Fire, page 99
References and citations
- ↑ Revealed in River of Fire, page prologue
- ↑ Revealed in Darkest Night, page 297
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Revealed in Darkest Night, page 300
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 Revealed in Crowfeather's Trial, chapter 2
- ↑ Revealed in Darkest Night, page 298
- ↑ Revealed in Darkest Night, pages 238-249
- ↑ 7.0 7.1 7.2 7.3 Revealed in Darkest Night, chapter 23
- ↑ Revealed in Darkest Night, page 299
- ↑ Revealed in River of Fire, chapter 5
- ↑ Revealed in The Raging Storm, chapter 23
- ↑ Revealed in Lost Stars, chapter 24
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.