|"Firestar had carried Gorsepaw, then a tiny kit, back across the Thunderpath. All of that was wasted now, thanks to Tigerstar."|
|— Narration in The Darkest Hour, page 208|
Gorsepaw was a WindClan apprentice under Tallstar's leadership in the forest territories. Gorsekit, was born to Morningflower while WindClan was in exile from Brokenstar and ShadowClan. When Fireheart and Graystripe bring WindClan back home, Fireheart carries the young kit. He soon became an apprentice named Gorsepaw with his uncle, Onewhisker, as his mentor. He and Fireheart maintained their bond and Fireheart persuaded Gorsepaw to fetch Onewhisker to stop an unnecessary battle between their Clans. However, when TigerClan attacked WindClan's camp, Tigerstar killed Gorsepaw to send a message to Firestar. Gorsepaw joined StarClan and his mother avenged his death in the battle against BloodClan.
In the The Prophecies Begin arc
- He is a newborn WindClan kit living with his mother, Morningflower, and his Clan while they are living in exile after being chased out of their territory by ShadowClan Fireheart and Graystripe, two young ThunderClan warriors, convince Tallstar to lead WindClan back to their camp. He is too young to walk on his own, and has to be carried the whole way. Fireheart sees Morningflower is having trouble carrying him because of how exhausted she was, and takes him on instead. Morningflower is seen blinking gratefully at Fireheart. When WindClan travels back into their camp, he and Morningflower are the first to re-enter the camp.
- Onewhisker tells Fireheart that Morningflower's kit had been made an apprentice, now Gorsepaw, and that this was his first Gathering. Fireheart spots Gorsepaw, and notices that, even though he hasn't been training long, his muscles were well-developed under his pelt like the other apprentices.
- Fireheart sees Onewhisker at another Gathering, who formally introduces him to Gorsepaw, who Fireheart remembers seeing before. Gorsepaw shyly tells Fireheart that Morningflower told him about how he had carried him. Fireheart teasingly says he was glad he wouldn't have to carry Gorsepaw now, and that if he grew any more, he would have to join LionClan. Gorsepaw purrs happily in response.
- Gorsepaw is out hunting with his mentor and Mudclaw, carrying a rabbit, when Fireheart calls him over into the bracken, begging him to keep quiet. Fireheart wanted to speak with Tallstar, to stop a battle between ThunderClan and WindClan from happening because Bluestar had mistakenly accused WindClan of stealing prey. He tells Gorsepaw to let Onewhisker know he was here, but not Mudclaw. When Gorsepaw looks hesitant, Fireheart says it was important for both of their Clans, and he had to trust him. Gorsepaw sees how desperate Fireheart is, and goes to fetch Onewhisker.
- When Bluestar and Tallstar lead patrols to talk with each other, Fireheart spots Gorsepaw standing behind his Clan leader, along with Onewhisker and Morningflower. Fireheart sadly thinks of how he didn't want to fight them. They do not, however, since Bluestar and Tallstar settled their differences, choosing not to fight the opposing Clan.
- Fireheart, now Firestar, the new leader of ThunderClan, sees Gorsepaw and Onewhisker settling down around the Great Rock to speak with Sandstorm.
- When ThunderClan goes to help WindClan when they are attacked by TigerClan, Firestar sees Morningflower crouched over a dead cat with a torn ginger-and-white pelt, yowling her grief. To his horror, Firestar realizes it is Gorsepaw. Bitterly, Onewhisker tells Firestar of how Tigerstar pinned him down in the center of the clearing, with all his warriors around him so nobody could stop him, stating that he was killing Gorsepaw to show every cat what would happen to them if they refused to join him any longer. Firestar remembers how he had carried Gorsepaw across the Thunderpath, and thinks of how that was all wasted now, thanks to Tigerstar.
- Gorsepaw is seen newly among the ranks of StarClan, along with Stonefur, the RiverClan deputy, who was killed by Darkstripe and Blackfoot for being half-Clan.
- During the battle with BloodClan, Morningflower is seen chanting his name as she fights, taking out her grief on her enemies. After the battle was won, Firestar sees that Morningflower had avenged her son's death at last.
- Kate confirmed that Gorsepaw's father is not Tallstar.[blog 1]
- He is a descendant of Windstar, because Morningflower is descended from her.
- He has mistakenly been called a ginger-and-white tabby.
The following information is from sources considered non-canon or retconned.
- On the Warriors website family tree, Gorsepaw's father is listed as Cloudrunner and his littermates are Storkkit and Quailkit.
Please do not edit this gallery
Please do not edit this gallery
Please do not edit this gallery
- Rabbitkit: Living (As of Redtail's Debt)
- Doespring: Living (As of Redtail's Debt)
- Ryestalk: Living (As of Redtail's Debt)
- Darktail: Deceased, residence unknown
- Smoke's kits: Deceased, residence unknown
- Crowfeather: Living (As of Veil of Shadows)
- Eaglekit: Deceased, verified StarClan member
- Hillkit: Status unknown
- Downkit: Status unknown
- Heathertail: Living (As of Veil of Shadows)
- Breezepelt: Living (As of Veil of Shadows)
- Crowfeather and Nightcloud's kits: Deceased, residence unknown
- Jayfeather: Living (As of Veil of Shadows)
- Lionblaze: Living (As of Veil of Shadows)
- Hollyleaf: Deceased, verified StarClan member
- Smokehaze: Deceased, verified ghost
- Brindlewing: Living (As of Veil of Shadows)
- Hollytuft: Living (As of Veil of Shadows)
- Sorrelstripe: Living (As of Veil of Shadows)
- Fernsong: Living (As of Veil of Shadows)
- Snaptooth: Living (As of Veil of Shadows)
- Spotfur: Living (As of Veil of Shadows)
- Flywhisker: Living (As of Veil of Shadows)
- Tornear: Deceased, verified StarClan member
- Mudclaw: Deceased, verified StarClan member
- Windstar's mother: Deceased, residence unknown
- Gorsestar's mother: Status unknown
- Windstar's sister: Deceased, residence unknown
- Gorsestar: Deceased, residence unknown
- Windstar: Deceased, verified StarClan member
- Micah's mother: Deceased, residence unknown
- Micah: Deceased, verified StarClan member
- Moth Flight: Deceased, verified StarClan member
- Emberkit: Deceased, verified StarClan member
- Morning Whisker: Deceased, verified StarClan member
- Dust Muzzle: Living (As of Shadowstar's Life)
- Bubbling Stream: Living (As of Moth Flight's Vision manga section)
- Honey Pelt: Living (As of Moth Flight's Vision manga section)
- Spider Paw: Living (As of Moth Flight's Vision manga section)
- Blue Whisker: Living (As of Moth Flight's Vision manga section)
- Blue Whisker's three unnamed kits: Living (As of Moth Flight's Vision manga section)
= Gender Unknown
- "Fireheart remembered the tiny wet bundle of fur he had helped to carry through the rain, out of Twoleg territory and back to WindClan's home. He followed Onewhisker's gaze across the clearing to a young brown tom. Although small like the rest of his Clan, the apprentice's muscles were already lean and well developed beneath his short, thick fur."
- —Fireheart's narration Rising Storm, page 311
- Onewhisker: "Hi. Do you remember who this is? This is Morningflower's kit. He's my apprentice now—Gorsepaw. Isn't he big?"
- Fireheart: "Morningflower's kit, of course! I saw you at the last Gathering."
- A Dangerous Path, pages 106-107
- "Tigerstar killed him. He pinned him down in the center of the clearing, with his warriors around him so none of us could get close enough to stop him. He...he said he was going to kill him so the rest of us would know what to expect if we refused to join him."
- —Onewhisker bitterly recalling Gorsepaw's death The Darkest Hour, page 207
- "Firestar could not help wondering if Tigerstar had deliberately chosen Gorsepaw because he knew of Firestar's bond with the young apprentice."
- —Firestar's thoughts The Darkest Hour, page 208
Notes and references
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Revealed in The Darkest Hour, page 262
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 Revealed in Fire and Ice, page 60
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 Revealed in The Darkest Hour, page 207
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 Revealed in A Dangerous Path, page 106
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 Revealed in Rising Storm, page 311
- ↑ Revealed in A Dangerous Path, chapter 10
- ↑ 7.0 7.1 7.2 7.3 Revealed in Secrets of the Clans, page 37
- ↑ Revealed on the screenshot) (
- ↑ 9.0 9.1 9.2 9.3 9.4 9.5 Revealed on Vicky's Facebook
- ↑ 10.0 10.1 10.2 10.3 10.4 Revealed in Tallstar's Revenge, page 253
- ↑ 11.0 11.1 11.2 11.3 Revealed in Tallstar's Revenge, page 26
- ↑ Revealed in Tallstar's Revenge, page 6
- ↑ Revealed in Tallstar's Revenge, page 21
- ↑ Revealed in Shattered Sky, page 259
- ↑ Revealed in Shattered Sky, page 258
- ↑ Revealed in Secrets of the Clans, page 32
- ↑ 17.0 17.1 Revealed on Vicky's Facebook
- ↑ Revealed on Vicky's Facebook
- ↑ Revealed in The Sight, page 118
- ↑ Revealed in Crowfeather's Trial, page 406
- ↑ 21.0 21.1 21.2 Revealed in Sunrise, page 290
- ↑ 22.0 22.1 Revealed in The Apprentice's Quest, allegiances
- ↑ 23.0 23.1 23.2 Revealed in Bramblestar's Storm, page 478
- ↑ 24.0 24.1 24.2 Revealed in River of Fire, allegiances
- ↑ 25.0 25.1 Revealed in The First Battle: Bonus Scene, page 2
- ↑ Revealed in The First Battle: Bonus Scene, page 15
- ↑ Revealed in Moth Flight's Vision, page 72
- ↑ Revealed in Moth Flight's Vision, page 318
- ↑ Revealed in The Ultimate Guide, page 189
- ↑ Revealed in The First Battle, page 194
- ↑ 31.0 31.1 Revealed in The First Battle, page 139
- ↑ 32.0 32.1 32.2 Revealed in Moth Flight's Vision, page 321
- ↑ Revealed in Moth Flight's Vision, manga
- ↑ Revealed on the