HarperCollins Publishers L.L.C is one of the world's largest publishing companies and is one of the Big Five English-language publishing companies. It is a subsidiary of News Corporation. They have published all existing books in the Warriors series.
- In 1817, James and John Harper opened a modest print shop in New York City, which came to be known as Harper and Brothers. This was acquired by News Corporation in 1987, merged with a British publisher called William Collins & Sons. William Collins & Sons was founded in 1819, and known for it's published works of Bibles, dictionaries, and reprinted classics. These two publishing houses merged to form HarperCollins as it is now.
"At HarperCollins, authors and their work are at the center of everything we do. We are proud to provide our authors with unprecedented editorial excellence, marketing reach, long-standing connections with booksellers, and industry-leading insight into reader and consumer behavior. Consistently at the forefront of innovation and technological advancement, HarperCollins also uses digital technology to create unique reading experiences and expand the reach of our authors."
- — HarperCollins Company profile
- HarperCollins has been the publisher of all Warriors series books since 2003, when Into the Wild first debuted. Since then, they've continued to publish all subsequent installments.
- The concept for Warriors began development when HarperCollins asked Victoria Holmes to write a fantasy series about feral cats. Holmes was initially not enthusiastic, saying she "couldn't imagine coming up with enough ideas". However, she played with some story concepts, developing a fictional world with the added elements of war, politics, revenge, doomed love, and religious conflict.
- HarperCollins has a current digital and print catalog of over 200,000 titles, and publishes roughly 10,000 books a year. Here is a small list of some of their published works.
- The Giving Tree, Shel Silverstein (1964)
- Surviving the Applewhites, Stephanie S. Tolan (2002)
- The Pretty Little Liars series, by Sara Shepard (2007–present)
- Divergent, Veronica Roth (2011)
- HarperCollins' authors include winners of the Nobel Prize, the Pulitzer Prize, the National Book Award, the Newbery and Caldecott Medals, and the Man Booker Prize.
Notes and references
|Companies involved in Warriors|