|"We have great plans for the forest, Tigerstar and I, and you could have been part of them. But we don't need you because you are weak and care more for kin than for power. I don't."|
|— Hawkfrost mocking Brambleclaw in Sunset, page 298|
Hawkfrost was a former RiverClan warrior and member of the Dark Forest. Hawk was born to a rogue named Sasha and Tigerstar, along with Tadpole and Moth. After Tadpole's death, Sasha took her kits to RiverClan, where he was renamed to Hawkkit. He is soon apprenticed as Hawkpaw with Leopardstar as his mentor. He becomes a warrior named Hawkfrost and temporarily RiverClan's deputy after Mistyfoot was captured by Twolegs. After arriving at the lake, he sided with Mudclaw in his rebellion.
He becomes close with his half-brother, Brambleclaw, and the two train with their father in the Dark Forest. After Brambleclaw became ThunderClan's deputy, Hawkfrost lures Firestar into a fox trap for Brambleclaw to kill. However, Brambleclaw impaled Hawkfrost with the fox trap. He joined the Dark Forest and began luring other cats there, and trained Lionblaze, Breezepelt, Ivypool, and many others to fight for the Dark Forest in the Great Battle. During the battle, he killed Hollyleaf and confronted Brambleclaw again. The latter killed him a second time, making him vanish forever.
Looking for a longer overview? Find one here!
- "You have no reason to doubt yourself. Our father was a great warrior. Our mother is proud and strong. They shared only one flaw: that their only loyalty was—and still is, in Sasha's case—to themselves above all other cats. We're not like that. We understand what it means to be loyal to our Clan. We have the courage to live by the warrior code. And because of that we'll be the most powerful cats in RiverClan one day, and our Clanmates will have to respect us then."
- —Hawkfrost displaying his ambition to Mothwing and Leafpaw Dawn (book), page 170
- When the Clans arrive in their new home, Hawkfrost suggests RiverClan should live on the island and openly challenges Mistyfoot when she disagrees. He sides with Mudclaw in his rebellion to overthrow Onewhisker but later changes his mind to save Brambleclaw. The brothers grow closer and walk in the same dreams under the guidance of their father, Tigerstar, who wishes for them to be leaders of their Clans someday. When Stormfur and Brook, the former of which could become deputy in the future, return to RiverClan, Hawkfrost forces Mothwing to fake a dream foretelling the two outsiders to leave. During an argument, Hawkfrost reveals he faked a sign to Mudfur that helped his sister become the medicine cat apprentice.
- After Brambleclaw becomes the deputy of ThunderClan, Hawkfrost is pleased and Tigerstar's plans for revenge begin to fall into place. Hawkfrost, with the help of the ThunderClan warrior Ashfur, manages to lure Firestar into a fox trap. He instructs Brambleclaw to kill Firestar and become the leader of ThunderClan, but Brambleclaw decides his loyalties belong to ThunderClan. Brambleclaw frees Firestar and kills Hawkfrost with the remains of the fox trap Firestar was stuck in. Hawkfrost bleeds out into the lake and fulfills the prophecy "blood will spill blood".
- "You beat a bunch of half-starved, untrained rogues. Wow. That's a real sign of a great warrior!"
- —Hawkfrost taunting Lionpaw Eclipse, page 47
- ""Be careful?" There's a war coming and it won't be won with sheathed claws. I thought you were helping to train our recruits to fight like real warriors, not soft Clan cats."
- —Hawkfrost confronting Ivypool when she's training the recruits The Last Hope, page chapter 1
- When the time for the Great Battle arrives, Hawkfrost is one of the leaders fighting against the Clans with his army of loyal trainees. When realizing that Ivypool betrayed him, he attempts to kill her, but Ivypool is rescued by Hollyleaf, and Hawkfrost ends up killing her instead, much to Ivypool's rage. The battle sways in the favor of the Clans, and Hawkfrost attempts to retreat but is caught by Brambleclaw. Brambleclaw drags him back to ThunderClan's camp where Ivypool attacks him, furious at his murder of Hollyleaf. Hawkfrost tells her that she is a traitor, and he will kill her, but Brambleclaw interferes, killing Hawkfrost again, leaving him to fade into Clan history.
- "I'll make you proud, Mama. You'll see."
- —Hawkpaw to Sasha as she leaves Return to the Clans, page 84
- Sasha realizes the safest place for her kits to grow up is with the Clans, and she takes them to RiverClan and tells her kits about their father. Hawk and Moth are accepted within the Clan and soon made apprentices. They discover the remains of the Bonehill and Leopardstar tells them the horrors Tigerstar committed. The two kits confront their mother, and Sasha makes them promise never to reveal who their father was. Recognizing her kits will be safer if Sasha wasn't around, Sasha leaves her kits in RiverClan and Tigerstar promises to watch over them.
- Hawkfrost is a huge, sleek, muscular, long-legged, broad-shouldered, mackerel-striped dark brown tabby tom with a snow-white underbelly. He has a bushy tail, a scarred, broad muzzle, long, thorn-sharp, hooked claws, huge paws, and pale ice-blue eyes.
Please do not edit this gallery
Please do not edit this gallery
This list shows the victims Hawkfrost has killed:
|Hawk's apprentice ceremony|
- Hawkfrost's profile on the Warriors official website
- New Cat Profile: Tawnypelt on the Warriors official website (Indirect mention only)
- Which Warrior is Worthy - The Return on the Warriors official website (Mentioned only)
- Guess That Warrior! on the Warriors official website
- Character Spotlight - Squirrelflight on the Warriors official website (Mentioned only)
- Creating an Antagonist on the Warriors official website (Indirect mention only)
- Stand Together or Fall Divided on the Warriors official website (Indirect mention only)
- Unexpected Storylines on the Warriors official website (Mentioned only)
- Kin of Your Kin on the Warriors official website (Mentioned only)
- When Omens Are False on the Warriors official website (Mentioned only)
Notes and references
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Revealed in The Last Hope, page 319
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Revealed in The Sight, page 227
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 Revealed in Midnight, allegiances
- ↑ Revealed in Return to the Clans, page 68
- ↑ Revealed in Return to the Clans, page 4
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 Revealed in Sunset, page 299
- ↑ Revealed in Return to the Clans, page 3
- ↑ Revealed in the Warriors App
- ↑ Revealed in Return to the Clans, page 75
- ↑ 10.0 10.1 Revealed in Dawn, page 80
- ↑ Revealed in Fading Echoes, page 230
- ↑ Revealed in Secrets of the Clans, page 53
- ↑ Revealed in The Ultimate Guide, page 74
- ↑ Revealed in Fading Echoes, pages 120-122
- ↑ Revealed in Fading Echoes, pages 190-192
- ↑ Revealed in Sign of the Moon, page 255
- ↑ Revealed in Fading Echoes, page prologue
- ↑ Revealed in Dawn, page 156
- ↑ 19.0 19.1 Revealed in Midnight, page 52
- ↑ 20.0 20.1 Revealed in Fading Echoes, page 2
- ↑ 21.0 21.1 Revealed in Midnight, page 53
- ↑ Revealed in Starlight, page 306
- ↑ Revealed in Moonrise, page 58
- ↑ Revealed in Twilight, page 73
- ↑ Revealed in Eclipse, page 106
- ↑ Revealed in Night Whispers, page 165
- ↑ Revealed in Fading Echoes, page 122
- ↑ Revealed in Fading Echoes, page 120
- ↑ 29.0 29.1 Revealed in Dawn, page 147
- ↑ Revealed in Fading Echoes, page 1
- ↑ Revealed in Moonrise, page 251
- ↑ Revealed in Midnight, page 216
- ↑ 33.0 33.1 Revealed in The Last Hope, page 295
|Dark Forest cats|
|Leaders||Tigerstar • Hawkfrost • Mapleshade • Thistleclaw • Maggottail • Brokenstar|
|Members||Antpelt • Clawface • Darkstripe • Houndleap • Silverhawk • Snowtuft • Shredtail • Sparrowfeather • Redwillow • Rushtooth|
|Trainees||Crookedstar • Thistleclaw • Bramblestar • Hawkfrost • Lionblaze • Ivypool • Mousewhisker • Birchfall • Blossomfall • Thornclaw • Tigerstar • Antpelt • Ratscar • Applefur • Redwillow • Sunstrike • Harestar • Breezepelt • Minnowtail • Icewing • Beetlewhisker • Hollowflight • Furzepelt • Larkwing|