|"You're just a coward," [...] "You keep your claws sheathed until you think you have the upper paw. But a real leader of cats steps up and leads even in the face of uncertainty. That is real bravery!"|
|— Hawkwing to Dodge in Hawkwing's Journey, page 260|
- Below contains in-depth information for chapter twenty two of Hawkwing's Journey. If you are looking for a shorter summary of the entire book, please check the main article.
- Chapter Number: 22 (of 35)
- Page Numbers: 251-260
- Leafstar questions Bellaleaf about Curlypaw's whereabouts after she announces the apprentice was taken. Bellaleaf explains that rogues jumped them and she could only save Fidgetpaw, and Stick and his cats ran away instead of helping. The tom defends himself, saying that if Dodge has Curlypaw there's nothing that can be done, which earns him a scolding. Shorty volunteers to help retrieve Curlypaw, and Snowy agrees soon after.
- Leafstar decides to take Rabbitleap, Harrybrook, Sagenose, Tinycloud, and Hawkwing with her, but they are interrupted by Harley, who is one of Dodge's rogues. Harley explains to Leafstar that Dodge has a deal for all of SkyClan, and promises nobody will be hurt during the meeting. Despite Stick's claims that Harley is bad, Leafstar decides to follow him. Hawkwing begins to feel uncomfortable navigating through the tunnels and turns in the darkness, but knows he has to do it to save Curlypaw.
- They reach the camp to find it swarming with cats. A dark brown tabby tom turns to face Leafstar as she walks into the camp. Pebbleshine notes that Dodge looks dangerous. Curlypaw hears Leafstar calling for her and tries running to Hawkwing, but one of the guards cuffs her on the ear. Dodge announces he was expecting SkyClan, revealing he knows about Darktail driving the Clan out. Hawkwing nearly springs on Dodge, but Leafstar stops him. Dodge explains Darktail and his rogues passed by, looking for SkyClan. He gave them information on how to find the Clan, revealing he hasn't forgiven Leafstar after driving his cats out.
- Dodge then gives them an ultimatum. SkyClan can either fight with them to drive Stick and his cats away, or fight them in exchange for Curlypaw. As Birdwing pleads with Leafstar to save her kit, Hawkwing realizes how badly SkyClan is outnumbered, knowing they're going to lose. Suddenly, Harley speaks up against Dodge, saying the meeting is over. The latter tells Leafstar to make her decision, but Hawkwing suddenly speaks up. He calls him a coward, making Dodge state that bravery won't save him, and he can prove it.
Notes and references
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 Revealed in Hawkwing's Journey, page 251
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 2.4 2.5 2.6 2.7 Revealed in Hawkwing's Journey, page 252
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Revealed in Hawkwing's Journey, page 254
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 Revealed in Hawkwing's Journey, page 255
- ↑ Revealed in Hawkwing's Journey, page 258
- ↑ Revealed in Hawkwing's Journey, page 256
|Hawkwing's Journey chapters|
|Prologue • Chapter 1 • Chapter 2 • Chapter 3 • Chapter 4 • Chapter 5 • Chapter 6 • Chapter 7 • Chapter 8 • Chapter 9 • Chapter 10 • Chapter 11 • Chapter 12 • Chapter 13 • Chapter 14 • Chapter 15 • Chapter 16 • Chapter 17 • Chapter 18 • Chapter 19 • Chapter 20 • Chapter 21 • Chapter 22 • Chapter 23 • Chapter 24 • Chapter 25 • Chapter 26 • Chapter 27 • Chapter 28 • Chapter 29 • Chapter 30 • Chapter 31 • Chapter 32 • Chapter 33 • Chapter 34 • Chapter 35 • Manga|
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.