|"What sense is there in losing the future of our Clans, when if we let them grow stronger battles will be more easily won?"|
|— Hazelstar in Code of the Clans, page 53|
Hazelstar is a ginger tom.
In the Omen of the Stars arc
- Although unnamed, Daisytail mentions Hazelstar when she is talking to Kestrelflight, WindClan's medicine cat. She tells the young WindClan cat that she once stood up to Hazelstar, leading the queens of WindClan and ShadowClan against him, due to him wanting to train kits who were younger than six moons.
In the Field Guides
- Hazelstar is an ancient WindClan leader. He is seen preparing WindClan for a battle against ShadowClan. The two Clans meet at the border. Blizzardstar, an ancient ShadowClan leader, antagonizes Hazelstar, remarking on how small some of the apprentices are. Hazelstar is about to lead WindClan to attack, but the queens, Daisytail of WindClan, Hawkfoot of WindClan, and Oakleaf of ShadowClan stop them. They propose that all apprentices should be six moons old in order to fight in a battle; that way the Clans won't lose any warriors, and the apprentices have enough time to train.
- When Hazelstar is asked if he will go through with this, he replies that it would be unwise to lose the future of their Clan, if he let them grow older, battles would be more easily won. It is said he makes it sound as a threat instead of a weakness. The two propose it as a law at the next Gathering, and the other leaders agree, and so, the rule goes into effect as the fifth law of the warrior code, that all kits must be six moons old before they begin apprentice training.
- "Warriors of WindClan! And apprentices! ShadowClan has stolen from us one too many times! We will teach them that WindClan's borders are strong, they will be defended with claw and tooth, and our prey protected for our Clan alone."
- —Hazelstar preparing his warriors for battle Code of the Clans, page 50
- "What are you saying? That we should never fight again? Do you really think that is how the Clans could live?"
- —Hazelstar asking Daisytail what she means Code of the Clans, page 52
- (Indirect mention only)
Notes and references
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.