This article contains major spoilers for the recently released, The Place of No Stars. This also includes the reveal of the identity of the impostor. Please proceed at your own discretion.
|"The Sisters took our deputy captive and invaded ShadowClan land. They're no better than Darktail's Kin were. If we treat this cat, we'll make our enemies stronger."|
|— Hollytuft about treating Sunrise in Squirrelflight's Hope, page 127|
Hollytuft is a black she-cat.
Hollytuft is a ThunderClan warrior who has served under Bramblestar's, the impostor's, Squirrelflight's, Lionblaze's, and Graystripe's leaderships in the lake territories. She was born as Hollykit to Lionblaze and Cinderheart alongside her littermates, Fernkit and Sorrelkit. All three littermates were named after cats who fell in the Great Battle, Hollytuft being named after her aunt, Hollyleaf. After training as Hollypaw, she became a warrior named Hollytuft. She later mentored Flipclaw, and was vocal against helping the Sisters and her siblings, Flywhisker and Snaptooth, when they decided to become kittypets.
- 1 History
- 1.1 In the A Vision of Shadows arc
- 1.2 In The Broken Code arc
- 1.3 In the Super Editions
- 1.4 In the Novellas
- 2 Character pixels
- 3 Official art
- 4 Family
- 5 Appearances
- 6 Trivia
- 7 Quotes
- 8 External links
- 9 Notes
- 10 Notes and references
In the A Vision of Shadows arc
- Hollytuft and her siblings, Fernsong and Sorrelstripe, have become young warriors of ThunderClan. Alderkit remembers that Hollytuft and her siblings had to take assessments before they became warriors, and worries that he might have to take one to become an apprentice. When Alderkit wonders who he and Sparkkit's mentors could be, he says that it couldn't be Blossomfall, Brackenfur, or Rosepetal, as they had just gotten done training Hollytuft, Sorrelstripe, and Fernsong.
- After Sparkpaw falls out of a tree, Hollytuft stays close to her to comfort her. She licks Sparkpaw's shoulder, and Ivypool tries to get her to drink some soaked moss. Both Hollytuft and Ivypool move out of the way when Alderpaw comes to check on his sister. Ivypool leans her head close to Hollytuft and asks if Alderpaw really knows what he's doing, and Hollytuft just shakes her head, unsure of the answer to Ivypool's question.
- Alderpaw instructs Hollytuft and Ivypool to keep Sparkpaw's hind legs steady, and as he tries to snap Sparkpaw's leg back into place, he hears a gasp of horror from Ivypool and Hollytuft, and the young apprentice wonders if he's done the right thing. After Sparkpaw gets up and is able to walk, a look of amazement appears on Hollytuft's face, and Alderpaw licks his chest fur in embarrassment.
- She is mentioned when Twigpaw goes missing, with Squirrelflight sending out patrols to look for her. The deputy tells Ivypool to take Stormcloud and Hollytuft to the WindClan border.
- Hollytuft is present during a joint ThunderClan and ShadowClan meeting held by Bramblestar. When it is revealed that SkyClan exists, Whitewing suggests going to find them. While some of the cats agree with what Whitewing says, Hollytuft does not, and she looks doubtful as she exchanges a glance with Larksong, one of her Clanmates.
- Her parents, Cinderheart and Lionblaze, have a second litter of kits, making Hollytuft, Sorrelstripe and Fernsong the older siblings of Flykit, Spotkit and Snapkit. When a belly sickness ravages ThunderClan and infects many cats, Hollytuft is one of the cats to catch it. She joins Molewhisker, Squirrelflight, and many other ThunderClan cats in the apprentices' den, while she rests and recovers. Her brother, Fernsong, has kits with Ivypool, making Hollytuft the aunt of Flipkit, Bristlekit and Thriftkit.
In The Broken Code arc
- Hollytuft is mentioned briefly by her apprentice, who says to Bristlepaw that he messed up a catch, but their aunt caught it for him. She later leads Flippaw, Bristlepaw, and Rosepetal back to camp.
- Flipclaw is now a warrior. She goes on a dawn patrol with Thornclaw, Plumstone and Eaglewing. When Bramblestar accuses Squirrelflight of being a traitor, Hollytuft echoes Berrynose's chant of traitor.
- Rootspring spots Hollytuft on patrol with Bristlefrost and Molewhisker. She questions Bristlefrost when the she-cat tells them to head back to camp with the prey without her. The warrior heads back to ThunderClan with Molewhisker and their catches.
- Hollytuft is in camp when Flipclaw returns from his wander. Flipclaw brings the ThunderClan cats news that Snaptooth and Flywhisker had become kittypets, prompting Hollytuft to call them traitors. Cinderheart, Snaptooth and Flywhisker's mother, defends them, asking the cats if they had not thought of leaving ThunderClan because of what Ashfur had caused, which silences Hollytuft.
In the Super Editions
- Sandstorm: "Hollykit looks so much like Hollyleaf, doesn't she?"
- Squirrelflight: "Yes, it's almost as if Hollyleaf is still with us."
- Bramblestar's Storm, page bonus manga
- Hollykit is a young kit of ThunderClan, having been named in honor of her aunt, Hollyleaf, who died bravely in the battle with the Dark Forest. Her resemblance to Hollyleaf doesn't go unnoticed, and she is mentioned by her great-aunt, Squirrelflight and great-grandmother, Sandstorm, during a Clan meeting. Sandstorm and Squirrelflight remark how Hollykit is a spitting image of Hollyleaf and the two she-cats feel like Hollyleaf has been with them all along. Hollykit is apprenticed to Cloudtail, and Bramblestar continues by making Sorrelkit and Fernkit apprentices.
- During a training session with Bramblestar, Squirrelflight, and their mentors, Hollypaw and her siblings promise to train extra hard and promise to do well. After being shown the move by Cloudtail, Hollypaw tries it and tumbles to the ground. Squirrelflight offers to show Hollypaw a trick to learn the move and falls in the process. All cats present, including Hollypaw, show great concern for Squirrelflight. The three apprentices are taught a valuable lesson after Squirrelflight's accident, however; mistakes are all a very important part of their training.
- "Trying to stop apprentices from gossiping is like trying to stop birds from singing."
- ―Hollytuft to Squirrelflight Squirrelflight's Hope, page chapter 7
- She attends a Gathering, and later shares a squirrel with Bramblestar and Birchfall. She and Birchfall narrow their eyes when Mistystar and Tigerstar arrive at camp. She was on patrol with Larksong before he fell sick, and Leafpool questions Hollytuft about what happened on their patrol. Bramblestar orders Hollytuft to check the fresh-kill pile for sickly prey but she reports they smell fine. Bramblestar has her, Squirrelflight and the apprentices bury the prey outside of camp regardless. When Squirrelflight's spirit returns to ThunderClan's camp, she spots Hollytuft sitting next to Stormcloud.
In the Novellas
- Coming Soon
Please do not edit this gallery
Please do not edit this gallery
- Hollytuft's parents are Cinderheart and Lionblaze. Her littermates are Fernsong and Sorrelstripe. For more of Hollytuft's family, click here!
- Bramblestar's Storm (Manga) (First appearance)
- The Apprentice's Quest
- Thunder and Shadow (Mentioned only)
- Shattered Sky
- Darkest Night (Allegiance only)
- Tigerheart's Shadow (Allegiance only)
- River of Fire
- Tawnypelt's Clan (Allegiance only)
- Spotfur's Rebellion (Allegiance only)
- The Raging Storm (Allegiance only)
- Squirrelflight's Hope
- Lost Stars
- The Silent Thaw
- Veil of Shadows
- Darkness Within (Allegiance only)
- Graystripe's Vow (Allegiance only)
- Daisy's Kin
- The Place of No Stars
- Hollytuft is named after Hollyleaf, and bears a great resemblance to her.
- She and her siblings have WindClan blood through Crowfeather.
- Her mentor was either Cloudtail, or Blossomfall. Given the topic has not been brought up in the series again, it is unclear which cat was really her mentor. However, Kate has stated on her blog that she thinks Hollytuft switched mentors from Cloudtail to Blossomfall.[blog 1]
- Hollytuft is present when the Sisters bring Sunrise to ThunderClan's camp, but in the next chapter, she is seen coming into camp and unaware of the events that transpired.
- Hollytuft: "We'll need to dig it deep enough to stop foxes finding them."
- Flippaw: "Why do we care if foxes get sick from the prey?"
- Squirrelflight's Hope, page chapter 14
- (Indirect mention only)
- (Allegiance only)
- (Allegiance only)
- (Allegiance only)
- (Allegiance only)
- It is unclear if Cloudtail mentored Hollytuft, or if it is a mistake. While Bramblestar's Storm states that Hollytuft's mentor was Cloudtail, The Apprentice's Quest states that Hollytuft was trained by Blossomfall. Hollytuft is listed under both cats due to not knowing which is the error and which is canon.
Notes and references
- Revealed in Bramblestar's Storm, page 477
- Revealed in Bramblestar's Storm, page 478
- Revealed in The Apprentice's Quest, allegiances
- Revealed in The Apprentice's Quest, chapter 1
- Revealed in Lost Stars, allegiances
- Revealed in Bramblestar's Storm, pages 477-478
- Revealed in Sunrise, page 317
- None of the currently released books have touched upon Hollytuft's apprenticeship, and it has not been mentioned outside of the brief moments already cited on this article
- Revealed in Squirrelflight's Hope, page 127
- Revealed in Squirrelflight's Hope, page 132