|"Please tell her that I miss her just as much as she misses me. And I will love her kits as if they were my own. Berrynose does love her. He's just scared of losing her as he lost me. I am watching over both of them."|
|— Honeyfern to Jayfeather about Poppyfrost in The Fourth Apprentice, page 243|
Honeyfern was a ThunderClan warrior under Firestar's leadership in the lake territories. She was born as Honeykit to Sorreltail and Brackenfur along with her siblings Molekit, Poppykit, and Cinderkit while badgers were attacking ThunderClan's camp. She became an apprentice named Honeypaw with Sandstorm as her mentor. Shortly after being apprenticed, her brother Molepaw died to greencough. She and Poppypaw earned their warrior names, Honeyfern and Poppyfrost, and she and Berrynose grew closer, even talking about kits. Honeyfern saved Briarkit from a snake but was unfortunately bitten and died.
After her death, Poppyfrost and Berrynose became mates and Honeyfern informed Poppyfrost from StarClan that she approved of the relationship. She participated in the Great Battle and fought alongside her sister.
- 1 History
- 2 Character pixels
- 3 Official art
- 4 Ceremonies
- 5 Personality
- 6 Relationships
- 7 Family
- 8 Appearances
- 9 Trivia
- 10 Quotes
- 11 External links
- 12 Notes and references
Looking for a longer overview? Find one here!
- Honeykit is born to Sorreltail and Brackenfur along with her littermates, Poppykit, Cinderkit, and Molekit during the battle against the badgers. Their aunt, Cinderpelt, sacrifices herself to protect Sorreltail and her newborn kits from the badgers.
- "[Lionblaze] bunched his muscles to spring, but Honeyfern was quicker. Leaping down from the rock, she bundled Briarkit out of the way. The snake arched its neck; before Honeyfern could move it struck down and buried its hooked fangs in her shoulder. Honeyfern sprang backward with a screech of pain."
- ―Honeyfern saving Briarkit from the snake Sunrise, page chapter 16
- "Get away! You're not wanted here! And as for you, Breezepelt- You get out of here, too. Or do you want a couple of shredded ears?"
- ―Honeyfern to Brokenstar and Breezepelt The Fourth Apprentice, page 242
The pixel artwork is an interpretation based upon canon material.
Please do not edit this gallery
|Honeyfern's warrior ceremony|
- Honeyfern was gentle, kind, intelligent and selfless. She was fierce and sometimes anxious, but learned quickly. Her loss was heavily mourned by ThunderClan.
- Cinderpaw: "Have you seen how Honeyfern keeps following Berrynose with that drippy look on her face?"
- Hollypaw: "Oh, yes! Anyone would think he was StarClan’s gift to the Clan!"
- Eclipse, page 151
- As an apprentice, Honeypaw admired Berrynose, but doubted that the warrior would value her. Nonetheless, they spent much time together, and when Honeyfern earned her warrior name, she sought Berrynose's approval. They had discussed becoming mates and having kits, but their romance was cut short when Honeyfern was killed protecting Briarkit from a snake. Honeyfern continued to watch over Berrynose from StarClan, and was not jealous of him finding a new mate in her sister, Poppyfrost.
- "I've dreamed of this mountain path so many times since Honeyfern died. I want to see her so much, and I can hear her calling to me from somewhere up there."
- ―Poppyfrost about Honeyfern The Fourth Apprentice, page 192
Sorreltail and Brackenfur
- "No…oh, no… I can’t lose another kit! Not after [Molepaw]! Please, StarClan…"
- ―Sorreltail grieving for Honeyfern Sunrise, page 213
- Her parents are Sorreltail and Brackenfur, and her siblings are Cinderheart, Poppyfrost, and Molepaw. For more of Honeyfern's family, click here!
- It was revealed in the sixth Erin Hunter Chat that Honeyfern was killed to have a reason for bringing deathberries into camp.
- She was originally described as a pale bracken-colored tabby, but this was later changed to her current light brown tabby appearance.
- She has SkyClan blood through her grandmother, Willowpelt, and WindClan via Windflight.
- Honeyfern is listed in the Hollyleaf's Story allegiances despite dying in Sunrise, the previous book.
- She was mistakenly called by her apprentice name after she had become a warrior.
- She was mistakenly called a tom.
- Berrynose: "We'll have kits like that one day."
- Honeyfern: "I'd like that."
- Sunrise, page 210
- "We'll all miss her. She was so gentle as a kit. And so quick to learn! She knew most of the hunting moves even before she was apprenticed."
- ―Sorreltail grieving for Honeyfern Sunrise, page 247
- Jayfeather: "Honeyfern came to me just now."
- Poppyfrost: "Did she…did she speak to you?"
- The Fourth Apprentice, page chapter 23
- (Indirect mention only)
- (Indirect mention only)
Notes and references
- Revealed in The Fourth Apprentice, page 241
- Revealed in Sunset, page 27
- Revealed in Sunrise, page 215
- Revealed in The Sight, allegiances
- Revealed in Eclipse, pages 89-90
- Revealed in The Sight, page 70
- Revealed in Eclipse, page 86
- Revealed in The Sight, page 66
- Revealed in Eclipse, page 90
- Revealed in Sunrise, chapter 16
- Revealed in The Fourth Apprentice, page 242
- Revealed in Eclipse, page 73
- Revealed in Sunrise, page 247
- Revealed in Sunrise, chapter 17
- Revealed in Outcast, page 32
- Revealed in The Fourth Apprentice, page 243
- Revealed in The Fourth Apprentice, page 237
- Revealed in Erin Hunter Chat 6
- Revealed in Firestar's Quest, pages 496-497
- Revealed in Bluestar's Prophecy, chapter 13
- Revealed in Erin Hunter Chat 4
- Revealed in Hollyleaf's Story, allegiances
- Revealed in Eclipse, page 120
- Revealed in The Ultimate Guide, page 43