|"[WindClan needs] it more than you. Rabbits are scarcer than usual, so these white birds are all we have."|
|— Hootpaw trying to claim ThunderClan's prey for his Clan in Bramblestar's Storm, page 77|
Hootwhisker is a dark gray tom.
In the Super Editions
- Hootpaw is a WindClan apprentice, and his mentor is Nightcloud. He is spotted by Crowfeather, sharing prey with his demmates, Slightpaw and Featherpaw. When Crowfeather calls for Featherpaw, the young she-cat asks if she can join Hootpaw and Slightpaw, who are going hunting with their mentors. Before Crowfeather can object, Slightpaw's mentor, Harespring, the WindClan deputy, appears and says that this is an excellent idea. Hootpaw, his mentor, and the rest of the hunting patrol leave camp, and soon make their way deep into WindClan's territory.
- During their hunting patrol, Nightcloud catches a rabbit, and Hootpaw is quick to praise his mentor for her fine hunting skills. Soon, Crowfeather spots another rabbit, and Harespring asks the apprentices what the problem is with their location, compared to the rabbit. Hootpaw, knowing the answer, speaks up, and says that they need to move their position, as Featherpaw has confirmed that their scent can easily be blown on the wind to alert the rabbit of their presence. After moving his location, Harespring assigns Crowfeather to chase the rabbit over to him, although Crowfeather believes that task should have gone to Hootpaw, Featherpaw, or Slightpaw.
- Their hunting party soon reaches the tunnels, and Hootpaw's tail shoots up in excitement, with the young cat thinking they will get to explore them. Nightcloud tells Hootpaw that he is to stay back, and not step one paw into those tunnels, as the older cats will explore them as to keep the apprentices out of danger. When Hootpaw complains, he is reprimanded by Nightcloud, who says that if he keeps complaining, he will have to clean ticks off of the elders.
- More Coming Soon
- Hootpaw, alongside his mentor, Nightcloud, are part of a WindClan hunting patrol. Joined by Gorsetail, the trio are stalking down a white bird that appears to be from beyond their territory. A ThunderClan patrol with Bramblestar at its head comes across this same bird while scouting the area. Molewhisker, while being watched over by Bramblestar, kills the bird, and this is seen by the WindClan cats. This infuriates Nightcloud, who claimed the prey was theirs, due to it being on their territory first.
- Hootpaw speaks up in defense of his mentor and Clan, saying that WindClan needed the prey, due to the extreme lack of rabbits in their territory. Not wanting her apprentice to give away WindClan's weakened state, Nightcloud cuffs her apprentice over the ear, and silences him. The argument continues for a brief time, and after Gorsetail insults Bramblestar, he snatches up the prey and heads home, with his patrol in tow.
- After Bramblestar returns to ThunderClan, he contemplates what Hootpaw had said to him, and wonders why WindClan's rabbits are disappearing, completely baffled as to why WindClan is relying on birds from outside of their territory.
In the A Vision of Shadows arc
- Hootwhisker does not formally appear in The Apprentice's Quest, but is listed in the allegiances. He has become a warrior, earning the name Hootwhisker.
- Alderheart meets Featherpelt, Hootwhisker, and Larkwing while searching for watermint. He explains that they're going to collect watermint, and Hootwhisker meows that their patrols reported there being a supply by the RiverClan border. Alderheart responds that that's where they're going, and Hootwhisker questions if they can come along as well to get some for Kestrelflight. The ThunderClan tom agrees, and Sparkpelt points out that more cats will help them if RiverClan gives trouble. Hootwhisker asks why that'd happen, since a medicine cat is with them. However, his voice trails off as he realizes that no cat knows how they might react.
- Together, the two patrols travel together to RiverClan. The patrol is frightened by a horse kit and scatter, and regroup when the danger is gone. When they reach the border stream, Hootwhisker and Larkwing keep watch on the RiverClan side of the stream while the patrol gathers watermint. When a RiverClan patrol confronts them, Alderheart explains to Mistystar, and is given her permission to gather the herbs and then leave. The WindClan and ThunderClan cats are relieved to hear this, and Hootwhisker comments that she'd have no right to decline anyway.
In the Novellas
- He was mistakenly mentioned as Smoky by Crowfeather in Crowfeather's Trial.
Please do not edit this gallery