|"I know who I am now."|
|— Firepaw to Smudge several moons after he joins ThunderClan in Into the Wild, page 128|
- Below contains in-depth information for chapter ten of Into the Wild. If you are looking for a shorter summary of the entire book, please check the main article.
- Chapter Number: 10 (of 25)
- Page Numbers: 119-129
- Firepaw wakes up to a damp bed and walks out and over to Yellowfang. Yellowfang asks if it had been raining and Firepaw replied that it had and asks why she doesn't move over by the nursery, where it is more sheltered. She says she doesn't want to be kept up by mewling kits, and actually thanks him when he says he'll go fetch dry bedding.
- He nearly crashes into Speckletail, who tells him that Bluestar wants to see him. The ThunderClan leader tells him that one of the queens will go fetch Yellowfang her bedding and that he is to return to his training. Tigerclaw is going to assess the apprentices and Firepaw runs off to join them.
- He meets Graypaw and Ravenpaw out of the camp and Tigerclaw appears to tell them where to go. Tigerclaw sends Ravenpaw to Snakerocks, stating that should be easy enough for his pitiful skills. Graypaw is sent along a stream to the Thunderpath, and Firepaw out by Tallpines and the Twolegplace. Firepaw comments to Graypaw that he doesn't know why Tigerclaw thinks Snakerocks would be easy, as Ravenpaw would have to spend most of his time avoiding being bitten.
- The three of them start their assessment. Firepaw catches a mouse while going through Tallpines and realizes that it lets out very close to his old home. He sees a cat and thinks that it is Tigerclaw at first before he realizes that it is an intruder. He attacks the kittypet, only to stop when he realizes that it is Smudge, his old friend. Smudge recognizes him after a moment and comments that his new housefolk didn't seem to be feeding him well. Firepaw comments that he smells different, and realizes that Smudge had been to the Cutter. Smudge asks him how he liked living wild and Firepaw replies that he knows who he is now. Firepaw tells him to be careful heading back, and Smudge nervously replies that he will and that he'll tell the other cats that he was okay. Firepaw starts back through the pines to finish his assessment, feeling glad that he lived with the Clan now.
Notes and references
|Into the Wild chapters|
|Prologue • Chapter 1 • Chapter 2 • Chapter 3 • Chapter 4 • Chapter 5 • Chapter 6 • Chapter 7 • Chapter 8 • Chapter 9 • Chapter 10 • Chapter 11 • Chapter 12 • Chapter 13 • Chapter 14 • Chapter 15 • Chapter 16 • Chapter 17 • Chapter 18 • Chapter 19 • Chapter 20 • Chapter 21 • Chapter 22 • Chapter 23 • Chapter 24 • Chapter 25|
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.