|"I'm sorry, Willowshine. I know it was stupid. Can I have some herbs for my scratches, please?"|
|— Jayclaw to Willowshine after his fight with Owlnose in River of Fire: Bonus Scene, chapter 1|
Jayclaw is a gray tom.
In the A Vision of Shadows arc
- Jayclaw calls to Willowshine from the top of a bank, interrupting the medicine cat's vision. He leaps down to join her and she notices the scratches and blood in his fur, startling her. Willowshine asks him what happened, questioning if he'd met a fox or badger, causing him to duck his head in embarassment. The gray tom replies that it was Owlnose, and Willowshine disbelievingly asks if it really was Owlnose. Still not looking at her, Jayclaw explains that they had a sort of discussion over his nest in the warriors' den, because his brother had scattered moss and bracken all over the place when he stood on it. Willowshine rolls her eyes and asks if they're kits in response, so Jayclaw apologises to her and finally looks her in the eyes. He requests some herbs for his scratches, and though Willowshine scolds him a little more, she agrees to get some marigold while he sits and cleans his wounds.
- While she's retreiving the herbs, she wonders what could've made Jayclaw and Owlnose fight each other over something so trivial, since they're both reasonable toms. She returns and starts squeezing marigold juice into his wounds which causes him to complain, so she retorts that it serves him right for being a mouse-brain. Jayclaw attempts to defend himself but stops when he catches sight of the medicine cat's gaze, and instead promises that it won't happen again. She replies that it better not, then that he was free to go and had better not get into anymore fights. He thanks her and says he won't, springing back up and disappearing. The gray tabby then tells her mentor Mothwing about the conflict between the two brothers, and that she treated his wounds with marigold. Mothwing comments that they already have enough trouble while Willowshine supposes she had better talk to Owlnose too.
In The Broken Code arc
In the Super Editions
- Although unnamed, he is mentioned at a Gathering by Mistystar as one of Petalfur and Mallownose's new kits.
In the Novellas
- He was originally named Jaywing.
Please do not edit this gallery
- Beetlewhisker: Deceased, verified StarClan member
- Grasspelt: Deceased, verified StarClan member
- Pricklekit: Deceased, verified StarClan member
- Sneezecloud: Living (As of The Silent Thaw)
|Graymist ♀||Icewing ♀||Mintfur ♂|
|Sneezecloud ♂||Mallownose ♂||Petalfur ♀||Beetlewhisker ♂||Grasspelt ♂||Nightsky ♀||Breezeheart ♀||Pricklekit ♂|
|Fogpaw ♀||Splashpaw ♂||Jayclaw ♂||Owlnose ♂||Brackenpelt ♀|
= Gender Unknown
- "On her way to fetch the herbs, Willowshine wondered what could have possessed Jayclaw and Owlnose to get into a fight over something so trivial. They were both reasonable cats, so what was suddenly making them so aggressive?"
- —Willowshine about Jayclaw's wounds River of Fire, page chapter 1 (Bonus scene)
- Willowshine: "Okay, you're done. Come tomorrow to let me check those scratches. And don't get into any more fights."
- Jayclaw: "I won't. I'm really sorry. Thanks, Willowshine."
- River of Fire, page chapter 1
Notes and references
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 Revealed in The Apprentice's Quest, allegiances
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 2.4 2.5 Kate's blog
- ↑ Revealed in River of Fire: Bonus Scene, chapter 1
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 Revealed in Outcast, allegiances
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 Revealed in Dark River, page 134
- ↑ Revealed in Eclipse, allegiances
- ↑ Kate's Blog
- ↑ 8.0 8.1 Revealed in Lost Stars, allegiances
|Medicine cats||Mothwing • Willowshine|
|Warriors||Duskfur • Minnowtail • Icewing • Mallownose • Sneezecloud • Podlight • Shimmerpelt • Lizardtail (Fogpaw) • Lakeheart • Havenpelt • Brackenpelt • Jayclaw • Owlnose • Softpelt (Splashpaw) • Harelight • Dappletuft • Gorseclaw • Nightsky • Breezeheart|
|Apprentices||Fogpaw • Splashpaw|
|Kits||Frostkit • Mistkit • Graykit|
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.