|"And I am Ice. And don't even think about hunting here."|
|— Jumper to Barley in Secrets of the Clans, page 139|
Jumper is a former BloodClan cat, and brother to Hoot, Barley, and Violet. He and his siblings were born in Twolegplace under Scourge’s leadership, and Jumper and Hoot were intent on becoming Scourge’s close bodyguards. They changed their names to help achieve this, Jumper becoming Ice. When Scourge ordered them to kill their own sister, they badly wounded her without hesitation. Later, after Scourge was killed, Ice and Hoot, who had renamed himself Snake, tried to rebuild BloodClan and become its new leaders. Ravenpaw, Barley, and Violet stopped them with the help of ThunderClan. Defeated, Jumper and Hoot begged Barley to shelter them because they were brothers. Barley briefly allowed them to stay in his barn, but kicked them out when they started abusing Ravenpaw. Jumper and Hoot haven’t been seen since.
- 1 History
- 2 Character pixels
- 3 Alternative images
- 4 Official art
- 5 Kin
- 6 Killed victims
- 7 Appearances
- 8 Trivia
- 9 External links
- 10 Notes and references
In the Super Editions
- "Do you really want to do this? Really?"
- ―Ice to Scraps when the latter defends Gremlin Graystripe's Vow, page 348
- Jumper, having named himself Ice, takes part in the battle against ThunderClan under BloodClan's new leader, Fury. When Gremlin attempts to escape the battle with the help of Cinderpelt, Fury notices and orders Ice and Snake to stop her. The she-cat tries to run away, but, burdened by her kits, she is not fast enough and is blocked by Ice. Ice and Snake force Gremlin through the cats to the Highrock where Fury is waiting. Scraps leaps up and snarls to leave her alone, and Ice asks the young tom if he really wants to do this. Fury turns her gaze to Ice and Snake, her meaning clear in her one good eye. Ice and Snake immediately turn on Scraps, killing him.
In the Ravenpaw's Path arc
- Barley sleeps at the Moonstone, and dreams about his brothers, who were renamed as Ice and Snake, attacking Violet in front of him. Later, outside of the dream, Barley meets Ice and Snake, who claim that they are the new leaders of BloodClan. When Violet tries to tell them that she is his sister, Ice claims that she is just pretending to do so for her own protection. He then remembers the "lesson" he and Snake taught them, and orders a battle.
- After the battle with ThunderClan, he, along with Snake, allow Violet and Barley to talk to them, but Barley and Violet attack their brothers. Ice begs for Barley to spare him, blaming his minions for the stolen ThunderClan prey. He is last seen being chased out by the BloodClan cats.
- Jumper is with Hoot at the Twoleg barn fighting alongside BloodClan warriors that they have brought. Barley is dismayed, yet Ravenpaw comforts him by saying that they were calling themselves Jumper and Hoot, not Snake and Ice, which might mean they are no longer part of BloodClan, so they are vulnerable.
- On the second attack, Hoot and Jumper are cornered at the end by the white dog, and start to cry for help, claiming that Willie had lied to them and that they didn't know it was his farm. Barley jumps in to save them, though comments that they are weak, yet they're his brothers. When the fight is over, the two ask to stay, saying that Willie will kill them if they go back. Even though Barley is hesitant, he lets them stay, saying that he will talk to them more in the morning after he and Ravenpaw were done cleaning.
- In the morning, Ravenpaw offers to show Hoot and Jumper around while Barley takes a walk, though Ravenpaw soon finds out what he is in for. He describes them as lazy, and how they just want everything handed to them. After the tour, Ravenpaw is exhausted, so he takes a nap. The two brothers create a mess in the barn, which Barley shows to Ravenpaw after he wakes him up. They say that they were just trying to catch mice, and that they need someone to show them how. Though Ravenpaw says that he was showing them all day, Hoot lies to Barley that Ravenpaw made them collect all the herbs and supplies while Ravenpaw was sleeping.
- Barley believes them, and later they go on a walk together. When they come back, they order Ravenpaw to catch them dinner and they sleep in his nest that night. The next morning, they ask Ravenpaw to catch them a mouse, and even though he says they should try it on their own, they refuse, saying that he is the best. Yet when he comes back, they are getting yowled at by Barley, who is furious on how they are treating Ravenpaw, and tells them to get out. Astonished, they tell them that they are kin, but Barley says that blood isn't everything, loyalty is. At first, they refuse, and say that they could take Barley down in a second. Barley then slashes him across the face, making them realize they have lost the battle. They leave by saying Barley is pathetic, and how they would have never wanted to stay there anyway.
In the Field Guides
- Although not mentioned by name, it is mentioned on Ravenpaw's and Barley's page that Barley was forced to watch his sister be attacked by none other than her remaining littermates, under Scourge's orders.
Please do not edit this gallery
Please do not edit this gallery
Please do not edit this gallery
|Ravenpaw ♂||Barley ♂||Violet ♀||Hoot ♂||Jumper ♂|
|Rabbitleap ♂||Bellaleaf ♀||Rileypool ♂||Lulu ♀||Patch ♂|
|Wrenpaw ♀||Two kits|
= Gender Unknown
This list shows the victims Jumper has killed:
- The Darkest Hour (Indirect mention only)
- Graystripe's Vow
- A Clan in Need
- The Heart of a Warrior
- Secrets of the Clans (First appearance; retconned)
- The Ultimate Guide (Indirect mention only)
- He is noted to look exactly like Barley.
- He is mistakenly shown with an underbite.
The following information is from sources considered non-canon or retconned.
- In Secrets of the Clans, a 2007 field guide, after their mother throws him and his littermates out of her den at twelve moons old, on the orders of Scourge, he and Hoot join BloodClan to become members of Scourge's guard. Barley notices their cold, hard eyes that didn't exist when they were kits and their tooth-studded collars. Jumper's name then turns into Ice and Hoot's, Snake. Violet is caught living with Barley, and Ice and Snake emerge from the darkness, ready to kill her. When Barley asks to fight in her place and Scourge refuses, Ice and Snake stalk up to Violet - while Barley is pinned down by Bone - and attack her brutally, leaving her to die.
- (Indirect mention only)
Notes and references
- Revealed in The Heart of a Warrior, page 86
- Revealed in Ravenpaw's Path, page 153
- Revealed in The Heart of a Warrior, page 39
- Revealed in A Clan in Need, page 84
- Revealed in A Clan in Need, page 71
- Revealed in The Heart of a Warrior, page 72
- Revealed in Ravenpaw's Path, page 163
- Revealed in The Darkest Hour, page 247
- Revealed in Ravenpaw's Farewell, page Chapter 2
- Revealed in Lost Stars, allegiances
- Revealed in Lost Stars, chapter 2
- Revealed in Graystripe's Vow, page 349
- Revealed in The Heart of a Warrior, page 77
- Revealed in Secrets of the Clans, page 138
|Leaders||Scourge • Claw • Fury • Snake • Ice|
|Members||Brick • Hoot • Jumper • Jaggedtooth • Minty • Pounce • Snapper • Snipe • Tess • Willie|
|Former members||Barley • Violet • Boulder • Gremlin • Scraps|