|"We've been hunting. I caught three eagles!"|
|— Lark boasting to Stormfur in Sign of the Moon, page 4|
Lark That Sings at Dawn, more commonly known as Lark, is a pale tabby she-cat.
- 1 History
- 2 Character pixels
- 3 Official art
- 4 Kin
- 5 Appearances
- 6 Trivia
- 7 Quotes
- 8 Notes and references
In the Omen of the Stars arc
- Lark: "Will the big bird come and take us, too?"
- Brook: "No. You're safe inside the cave."
- Sign of the Moon, page 286
- Brook and Stormfur have had two kits, Lark and Pine. Lark scuffles over a bunch of feathers with her brother and letting out shrills of excitement. When she leaps into the air, Pine flings himself at her and snaps at the feathers with his teeth. Brook then comes and reminds them to not get too close to the water. When Pine says that he'd rather be a cave-guard, Lark retorts that he can't because she was going to be both a cave-guard and a prey-hunter. Brook tries to explain to them that it doesn't work that way, but she is interrupted by the sound of paw steps.
- Stormfur then appears, and Lark and Pine hurl themselves upon him. Stormfur asks them if they've been good, and Brook tells him that Lark was growing strong and sturdy, while Pine could jump really well now. Lark boasts to Stormfur that she caught three eagles, but Pine corrects her, saying he killed one, or it would have flown away with her. Later, when some to-bes appear, Pine and Lark run over to them. Lark asks them to tell them about the outside. Pine adds in that he wanted to go out, but one of the to-bes tells him that he's too small, and that an eagle would eat him in one bite. Pine defends himself, saying he'd fight it.
- Lark is later seen when Squirrelflight, Jayfeather, Foxleap, and Dovewing first arrive at the Tribe of Rushing Water. Squirrelflight is overjoyed when she sees that Stormfur and Brook had kits. Brook mentions to Squirrelflight that Lark looks a lot like her father. When Lark first sees the ThunderClan cats, she asks Squirrelflight if they've come to join the Tribe. Squirrelflight says no and that they are just visiting, and Lark says that they should stay because Tribe cats are the best cats of them all. When Brook shows the Clan cats their nests, Lark comments that it looked cozy and that she wanted to sleep in it. She leaps into the nest, but Brook tells her to come out right now. Brook apologizes to Squirrelflight, and then tells them good night, herding Lark and Pine with her tail and prodding them away.
- The next day, she and her brother Pine try to sneak up on Jayfeather, who scares them away. They are seen running back to their mother, Brook, who comforts them. When Squirrelflight announces that she, Brook, and Stormfur are going hunting, Lark squeaks that she doesn't want to stay in the cave, scared that Jayfeather will scare her and Pine again. Stormfur tells them that they only startled Jayfeather, and tells them that they should say sorry. Pine mutters sorry to Jayfeather, and Lark adds in that they won't do it again. Stormfur also tells them that while they were out, they could ask Talon about the story of Sharptooth and how he came to the mountains. Lark and Pine then run away to where the elders made their nests.
- Lark and Pine run back to the middle of the cave, Talon and Bird following them. Talon tells them that they were going to play a game. He tells them that the bunch of feathers he brought was a bird, and Lark asks what kind of bird it was. Talon tells them that it didn't matter what kind of bird it was and tells them that the bird was a crow and that they had to catch it. Pine tries to pounce on it, but Bird stops him. She tells them that they have to creep up on the crow across a pile of stones, and that if they made one noise, the crow would fly away. Lark boasts that she could do that and Pine declares that he could too, and adds in that he was going to be the prey-hunter.
- After Swoop is taken away by an eagle, Lark whimpers and asks if the big bird was going to get them too, and Brook comforts her.
In the Super Editions
- Coming Soon
In the Novellas
- Upon Breeze introducing herself as one of Brook and Stormfur's kits to the visiting Clan cats, Dovewing muses that she must be the younger sister to Pine and Lark, and they had been kits the last time she had seen them. The Tribe's patrol escorts the group back to the waterfall cave and while Stoneteller spends time with Shadowkit, Brook and Stormfur greet Tawnypelt happily. They point out Breeze and her sibling Feather of Flying Hawk when Tawnypelt asks if they'd had more kits, as well as Lark and Pine, who are talking quietly nearby. They break off their conversation to politely dip their heads to Tawnypelt.
- Shadowkit has a vision of a tree falling on the cave and screams for everyone to get out. He lunges at Lark's nest to wake her up, though she pushes him away from her slumber. Stoneteller, Tawnypelt and Dovewing urge everyone to evacuate, and Lark and Pine work together to push rocks into the river to stop the tree. She screams in horror when the tree lunges against the barricade. After the Tribe is saved, her mother gathers her and Breeze for a hunting patrol.
In the Field Guides
- It is mentioned on Stormfur's and Brook Where Small Fish Swim's page that when Stormfur decided to join the Tribe, Brook became his mate and later gave birth to his kits, Lark That Sings At Dawn and Pine That Clings To Rock.
Please do not edit this gallery
Please do not edit this gallery
- Pine That Clings to Rock: Living (As of Graystripe's Vow)
- Feather of Flying Hawk: Living (As of Graystripe's Vow)
- Willowpelt: Deceased, verified StarClan member
- Willowbreeze: Deceased, verified StarClan member
- Adderfang: Deceased, verified StarClan member
- Shellheart: Deceased, verified StarClan member
- Reedfeather: Deceased, verified StarClan member
- Swiftbreeze: Deceased, verified StarClan member
- Rainflower: Deceased, verified StarClan member
- Fallowtail: Deceased, verified StarClan member
- Flashnose: Deceased, verified StarClan member
- Willownose: Deceased, verified StarClan member
- Talon of Swooping Eagle: Living (As of Sign of the Moon)
- Teller of the Pointed Stones: Living (As of Graystripe's Vow)
- Leopardfoot: Deceased, verified StarClan member
- Spottedleaf: Deceased, no residence
- Graypool: Deceased, verified StarClan member
- Cedarpelt: Deceased, verified StarClan member
- Marshcloud: Deceased, verified StarClan member
- Eaglewing: Living (As of The Place of No Stars)
- Plumstone: Living (As of The Place of No Stars)
- Shellfur: Living (As of The Place of No Stars)
- Stemleaf: Deceased, verified Place of No Stars member
- Honeyfern: Deceased, verified StarClan member
- Poppyfrost: Living (As of The Place of No Stars)
- Cinderheart: Living (As of The Place of No Stars)
- Lilyheart: Living (As of The Place of No Stars)
- Seedpaw: Deceased, verified StarClan member
- Molepaw: Deceased, verified StarClan member
= Gender Unknown
- Sign of the Moon (First appearance)
- Tawnypelt's Clan
- Graystripe's Vow
- The Ultimate Guide (Mentioned only)
- Pine: "That looks really cozy!"
- Lark: "I want to sleep there!"
- Sign of the Moon, page 151
- "I saw them stalking you. They could do with a few lessons in respect. It's hard for them. They're strong and active, but they're not allowed outside the cave at all until they become to-be's."
- ―Screech to Jayfeather about Pine and Lark Sign of the Moon, page 175
- Lark: "We don't want to stay in the cave."
- Pine: "Yeah, the blind cat might scare us again."
- Sign of the Moon, page 176
Notes and references
- Revealed in Sign of the Moon, allegiances
- Revealed in Tawnypelt's Clan, chapter 6
- Revealed in Sign of the Moon, page 2
- Revealed in Forest of Secrets, page 221
- Revealed in Moonrise, page 231
- Revealed in Fire and Ice, page 155
- Revealed in Graystripe's Vow, page 44
- Revealed in Crookedstar's Promise, page 474
- Revealed in Bluestar's Prophecy, page 32
- Revealed in Crookedstar's Promise, page 8
- Revealed in Battles of the Clans, page 54
- Revealed in Bluestar's Prophecy, page 362
- Revealed in Crookedstar's Promise, allegiances
- Revealed in Bluestar's Prophecy, allegiances
- Revealed in Goosefeather's Curse, page Chapter 3
- Revealed on Vicky's Facebook
- Revealed on the screenshot) (
- Revealed in Mapleshade's Vengeance, chapter 8
- Revealed in Crookedstar's Promise, page 480
- Revealed in Moonrise, page 227
- Revealed in Outcast, allegiances
- Revealed in Eclipse, page 159
- Revealed in Rising Storm, page 120
- Revealed in Crookedstar's Promise, page 138
- Revealed on Kate's Facebook
- Revealed in Goosefeather's Curse, chapter 3
- Revealed in Mapleshade's Vengeance, chapter 2
- Revealed in Shattered Sky, page 47
- Revealed in Sunset, page 27
- Revealed in The Forgotten Warrior, page 146
- Revealed in Firestar's Quest, pages 496-497
- Revealed in Into the Wild, allegiances
- Revealed in Sign of the Moon, page 146
|Tribe of Rushing Water (modern) cats|
|Prey-hunters||Brook Where Small Fish Swim • Feather of Flying Hawk|
|Cave-guards||Stormfur • Sheer Path Beside Waterfall • Night of No Stars • Moss that Grows by River • Snow Falling on Stones • Lark That Sings at Dawn • Pine That Clings to Rock • Thorn That Grows in Cleft • Moon Shining on Water|
|To-bes||Breeze That Rustles the Leaves|
|Elders||Bird That Rides the Wind|
|Unknown||Crest of Snowy Mountain|