|"Destiny isn't a path that any cat follows blindly. It is always a matter of choice, and sometimes the heart speaks loudest. Deep down, I always knew what I had to do, and that's why I came back to the Clan. Whatever else happens, I trust you to know the right thing to do as well. Listen to your heart, Lionblaze, because that's where your true destiny lies."|
|— Leafpool to Lionblaze in Sign of the Moon, page 108|
Leafpool was a ThunderClan medicine cat under the leaderships of Firestar and Bramblestar in the lake territories. She was born in the forest as Leafkit to Firestar and Sandstorm alongside her sister, Squirrelflight, and was apprenticed to the Cinderpelt as Leafpaw. After the Great Journey, Leafpaw discovered the Moonpool, completing her training as Leafpool. Soon after, she fell in love with Crowfeather, a WindClan warrior, and broke the warrior code to run away with him. However, she returned in time to assist in the battle against the badgers.
Unbeknownst to the Clan, Leafpool gave birth to Crowfeather's kits: Lionblaze, Jayfeather, and Hollyleaf, who were raised as the kits of Brambleclaw and Squirrelflight. After their secret was revealed, Leafpool stepped down from her position as a medicine cat, but returned to assist during the Great Battle, and continued to serve as a medicine cat until her death.
Looking for a longer overview? Find one here!
- "It's all right. I'll stay here and take good care of the Clan, I promise. One day we'll meet again, walking among the stars."
- —Leafpool to Crowfeather Twilight, page 310
- She takes part in the Great Journey and, guided by Spottedleaf, discovers the Moonpool by the lake, earning her the full name, Leafpool. Leafpool and Crowfeather fall in love and decide to flee the Clans to be together. After one night, they meet a badger, Midnight, who tells them that her kin is planning to attack ThunderClan. Leafpool realizes she cannot abandon her Clan and her medicine cat duties and decides to go back. Crowfeather is heartbroken by her decision to leave him and takes her home. Cinderpelt dies in the attack, and Leafpool pledges her loyalty to being a medicine cat.
- "I know I cannot be ThunderClan's medicine cat any longer. I'm so very sorry to you, Firestar, and to all my Clanmates. Please know that I tried my best, and regretted what I had done with every single breath. But I couldn't regret having my kits. They are fine cats, and I will always be proud of them."
- —Leafpool's confession at the Gathering Sunrise, pages 306-307
- "There's nothing to forgive. You did what you thought was best. No cat can blame you for that."
- —Jayfeather to Leafpool The Last Hope, page 249
- "You think it's that easy? I’m not training him to stalk birds. There's a lot to learn. And even then a medicine cat needs experience--more experience than you can get in a couple of moons."
- —Leafpool to Rowanstar about training Puddlekit Thunder and Shadow, page chapter 1
- "I don't regret having my kits. Only that I lied about being their mother. I wish I'd had more courage, but I thought I was doing the best for everyone by choosing to remain a medicine cat. [...] But please don't turn Squirrelflight away. Everything she did was out of loyalty for me. I could't wish to have a better sister. [...] If some cat must be punished for what we did, punish me, not her."
- —Leafpool to the StarClan cats during her trial Squirrelflight's Hope, pages 347-348
- In Squirrelflight's Hope, Leafpool comforts her sister after she argues with Bramblestar. After several of her Clanmates fall ill to a mysterious sickness, Leafpool travels with Squirrelflight to the Sisters who reveal a cure. She and Squirrelflight share a dream of wounded kits, and rush to aid Moonlight as she struggles to give birth. Leafpool leads Moonlight and her newborn kits to hide in a cave while the Clans attack the Sisters. Leafpool and Squirrelflight are fatally injured when the cave collapses, and during her trial to be accepted into StarClan, Leafpool reveals she doesn't regret breaking the code to have her kits. Leafpool chooses to remain in StarClan while Squirrelflight returns to ThunderClan.
- In Leafpool's Wish, Leafpool is suspicious of Brambleclaw as Squirrelflight's choice of mate, since she witnessed him train with his father, Tigerstar, and Hawkfrost in the Dark Forest. However, Brambleclaw proves himself as a loyal warrior after he kills Hawkfrost to save Firestar, and insists to Leafpool that his loyalty is to ThunderClan only. Leafpool becomes pregnant with Crowfeather's kits and shares the secret with Squirrelflight, urging her to take care of them. Squirrelflight is hesitant about lying to her mate and Clan but joins Leafpool in leaving the Clan so that Leafpool can give birth to Lionkit, Jaykit, and Hollykit. Leafpool is heartbroken when Jaykit is revealed to be blind but insists it won't make a difference. Squirrelflight agrees to raise them, and they leave for ThunderClan when the kits are big enough to travel.
- Leafpool is a small, lithe, pale brown tabby she-cat with amber eyes. She has a white chest and paws.
Please do not edit this gallery
Please do not edit this gallery
|Leafpaw's medicine cat ceremony|
- Leafpool's profile on the Warriors official website
- A Legacy of Fire on the Warriors official website (Mentioned only)
- Warriors Super Edition: A World Without Limits on the Warriors official website (Mentioned only)
- Pick a Plush on the Warriors official website (Poll option)
- Honoring the Mother Cats on the Warriors official website (Mentioned only)
- The Measure of a Father on the Warriors official website (Mentioned only)
- Blood Isn't Everything on the Warriors official website (Mentioned only)
- The Law That Never Was on the Warriors official website (Mentioned only)
- Outpacing other 'Paws (and Mentors) on the Warriors official website (Mentioned only)
- Character Spotlight - Squirrelflight on the Warriors official website (Mentioned only)
- Apprentices: A Fresh Perspective on the Warriors official website (Indirect mention only)
- Squirrelflight's Hope on the Warriors official website (Indirect mention only)
- The Warrior Code: An Outdated Relic? on the Warriors official website (Mentioned only)
- Codebreakers: Brainstorming The Broken Code on the Warriors official website (Mentioned only)
- The Ancient Cats on the Warriors official website (Mentioned only)
- Unexpected Storylines on the Warriors official website (Mentioned only)
- Kin of Your Kin on the Warriors official website (Mentioned only)
- Writing a Good Prophecy on the Warriors official website (Indirect mention only)
Notes and references
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Revealed in Lost Stars: Bonus Scene
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Revealed in Twilight, page 252
- ↑ Revealed in Thunder and Shadow, page 22
- ↑ Revealed in Darkest Night, page 177
- ↑ Revealed in River of Fire, page 264
- ↑ Revealed in River of Fire, page 198
- ↑ Revealed in Firestar's Quest, page 509
- ↑ 8.0 8.1 Revealed in Firestar's Quest, page 510
- ↑ 9.0 9.1 Revealed in Lost Stars, chapter 16
- ↑ 10.0 10.1 10.2 10.3 Revealed in Midnight, allegiances
- ↑ Revealed in Twilight, allegiances
- ↑ Revealed in Starlight, page 287
- ↑ Revealed in Leafpool's Wish, chapter 9
- ↑ Revealed in The Fourth Apprentice, allegiances
- ↑ Revealed in Fading Echoes, page 196
- ↑ Revealed in The Sight, page 88
- ↑ Revealed in The Sight, page 245
- ↑ Revealed in The Apprentice's Quest, page 60
- ↑ Revealed in Thunder and Shadow, page 126
- ↑ Revealed in Sunset, page 203
- ↑ Revealed in Twilight, page 309
- ↑ Revealed in Sunrise, page 306
- ↑ Revealed in Thunder and Shadow, page 34
- ↑ Revealed in Thunder and Shadow, page 217
- ↑ Revealed in Darkest Night, page 294
- ↑ Revealed in Darkest Night, page 295
- ↑ 27.0 27.1 Revealed in Midnight, page 144
- ↑ 28.0 28.1 Revealed in Midnight, page 104
- ↑ 29.0 29.1 Revealed in Midnight, page 19
- ↑ Revealed in Dawn, page 114