|"You can do it. You always were the strongest. And just think of the beautiful kits you'll have! They'll all be great warriors."|
|— Bluefur trying to soothe Leopardfoot as she kits in Bluestar's Prophecy, page 258|
Leopardfoot was a warrior of ThunderClan who served under Pinestar's and Sunstar's leaderships in the forest territories. She was born as Leopardkit to Adderfang and Swiftbreeze alongside her brother Patchkit, and later became an apprentice as Leopardpaw with Robinwing as her mentor. After earning her warrior name, Leopardfoot became mates with Pinestar, with whom she bore three kits: Nightkit, Mistkit, and Tigerkit, who was the only one of his litter to survive. Pinestar left soon after to become a kittypet, causing Leopardfoot to love her remaining kit more fiercely. Following her death, Leopardfoot resides in StarClan.
- 1 History
- 2 Character pixels
- 3 Official art
- 4 Ceremonies
- 5 Family
- 6 Appearances
- 7 Trivia
- 8 Quotes
- 9 External links
- 10 Notes and references
In the Super Editions
- During a Gathering, it is mentioned that she is pregnant with kits. When RiverClan arrives, Ottersplash heads off to talk with Patchpelt, Leopardfoot's brother, to find out if the queen had kitted yet. Crookedjaw wonders if Ottersplash would beat her to it, and questions a queen's reasoning for waiting so long to move into the nursery.
- "You know Leopardfoot. She thinks Tigerkit can do no wrong."
- ―Rosetail to Bluefur about Leopardfoot's parenting Bluestar's Prophecy, page chapter 26
- She runs into Bluepaw after her first session as an apprentice, commenting that when Bluepaw said she was learning how to use her skills for hunting, she was really just collecting moss. Bluepaw is slightly offended but Leopardpaw offers her some of her thrush later, saying that denmates share. Pinestar later chooses her to be in the raiding party on WindClan. She comforts her brother when he is disappointed that he isn't chosen, mentioning his hardest problem would be keeping Thistlekit quiet. She later asks Bluepaw for her mouse when the apprentice is too nervous to eat before their first battle. She accepts Snowpaw's meal as well.
- In the battle, she receives a bad stomach wound. She bleeds heavily and has to be taken back to camp. Her mother and Bluepaw carry her back and her injury is treated by Goosefeather and Featherwhisker. She makes a quick recovery, and is soon back in training. Leopardpaw is seen taking Bluepaw to a Clan meeting. She later receives her warrior name, Leopardfoot, along with her brother, Patchpelt.
- Later, she becomes Pinestar's mate, and bears three kits, Nightkit, Mistkit, and Tigerkit. Tigerkit is at first the weakest, but then grows to be the strongest of the litter. In contrast, Mistkit and Nightkit die. It is mentioned that she had a hard and early birth. Goosefeather asks why the Clan leader's mate had such a hard birth, saying StarClan was angry. The old medicine cat also sees evil in Tigerkit and tries to warn the Clan. The cats do not take him seriously, and Leopardfoot seems oblivious to Goosefeather's warnings. After his siblings die, Tigerkit is spoiled by his mother and the rest of the Clan, because he is the only kit. Leopardfoot is seen several times telling everyone what a great son she has, and she is also seen arguing with her stubborn kit.
- During Snowfur's kitting, Bluefur brings a stick and tells Leopardfoot that it's for Snowfur to clamp her jaws on when the pains come. Leopardfoot remembers her painful kitting, wishing she had also had a stick. Leopardfoot also helps take care of Whitekit after Snowfur is killed by a monster, since Tigerkit is one of his good friends. She is also the first cat to realize that Bluefur is expecting kits, even before Bluefur realizes it herself, asking when Bluefur would be moving into the nursery.
- Moons later, Bluestar thinks about how she used to play with Snowfur and Leopardfoot when they were all apprentices together. It is mentioned that Leopardfoot had passed away and joined StarClan, however, the reasons are unknown.
In the Novellas
- Leopardfoot: "You came. I waited for you all night."
- Pinestar: "I'm sorry. I'm glad you're all right."
- Pinestar's Choice, page chapter 8
- Leopardpaw is being dragged away from the battle by Swiftbreeze after sustaining a deep gash along her flank. She is mentioned later by Jake when he and Pinestar are talking about the raid on WindClan. Pinestar tells the kittypet that she is a good apprentice and that he plans on making her a warrior soon. Leopardpaw earns her warrior name of Leopardfoot, and is mentioned by Smallear and his fellow warriors whilst talking to Pinestar about his closeness to the she-cat. Pinestar admits that he had grown close to her and has thought about a future with her, involving kits.
- Later on, she is expecting Pinestar's kits and gives birth to them a half-moon early. Leopardfoot is tended to by the Clan's medicine cat, Featherwhisker and is comforted by her mother. The birth is long and drags on for the day, and the young queen struggles to keep her strength up. She gives birth to three kits, Nightkit, Mistkit, and Tigerkit. Her kits are small and weak when Pinestar visits her. She tells him that she waited all night to see him, and that she was scared for the survival of their kits. Leopardfoot worries, stating that she couldn't get them to nurse. The queen hisses at Pinestar when he is spooked by their son and calls him mousebrained when he tells her that Tigerkit looked at him.
- When Pinestar leaves, Leopardfoot pleads for him to stay and watch their kits grow up. She has them at her paws when she calls to him. Pinestar tells her that they would be fine with her and that he wasn't a cat that they would be proud to call their father.
- Willowkit mentions how Thistleclaw is teaching Tigerpaw a lot of battle moves and will ask Leopardfoot to talk to the mentor. Since she is Tigerpaw's mother, she wouldn't want Tigerpaw to get hurt before his final assessment. Spottedkit points out that Leopardfoot said that she doesn't mind since Tigerpaw is Pinestar's son so he needs to be the best warrior of ThunderClan.
In the Field Guides
- Her mate, Pinestar, announces to ThunderClan that he is abandoning his position as leader and leaving to become a kittypet. He doesn't wish to lose his last life in battle. Leopardfoot asks him if he would rather stay and watch their kits grow up. Their daughters are sick and their son, Tigerkit, is the strongest, and doesn't quite realize the extent of the situation. Pinestar says good-bye to his mate and kits, telling Tigerkit he will be a great warrior.
- It is mentioned on Pinestar's page that Pinestar's biggest regret when he left to become a kittypet was leaving behind Leopardfoot and her kits, especially Tigerkit. It is also mentioned on Goosefeather's and Featherwhisker's page that Goosefeather's final act of madness is to react in horror at Pinestar's and Leopardfoot's sole remaining son and on Tigerstar's page, it mentions that Tigerstar was born in ThunderClan and the son of Leopardfoot and Pinestar.
Please do not edit this gallery
Please do not edit this gallery
|Leopardpaw's apprentice ceremony|
- Leopardfoot's parents are Adderfang and Swiftbreeze. Her brother is Patchpelt, and her younger siblings are Redtail, Willowpelt and Spottedleaf. She and Pinestar were briefly mates and Tigerstar, Mistkit and Nightkit are their children. For more of Leopardfoot's family, click here!
- As Leopardkit, she was mistakenly called Snowkit.
- In the allegiances of Yellowfang's Secret and Tallstar's Revenge, she and her brother are listed as apprentices, while in Bluestar's Prophecy, which begins after Yellowfang's Secret, they are still kits.
- Patchkit: "Never mind. Now you can take us to the sandy hollow like you promised."
- Dapplepaw: "I never promised!"
- Bluestar's Prophecy, pages 17-18
- Bluepaw: "I've learned how to use my claws properly and how to carry two bits of prey at once."
- Leopardpaw: "In other words, you've been gathering moss."
- Bluestar's Prophecy, page 71
- "Every cat knows they complain about everything. I suppose they've earned the right, but it doesn't help when you're stuck with cleaning out their smelly bedding."
- ―Leopardpaw to Bluepaw about the elders Bluestar's Prophecy, page 74
- Swiftbreeze: "Thistleclaw shouldn't be teaching Tigerpaw so many battle moves, not when he's only been an apprentice for two moons. I'll ask Leopardfoot to have a word with him. She's Tigerpaw's mother; she won't want him getting hurt before he has a chance to do his final assessment."
- Spottedkit: "Leopardfoot doesn't mind, she said so. She says that Tigerpaw is Pinestar's son, so he has to be the best warrior in all the Clan."
- Spottedleaf's Heart, page chapter 1
Notes and references
- Revealed on Vicky's Facebook
- Revealed in Crookedstar's Promise, allegiances
- Revealed in Bluestar's Prophecy, chapter 44
- Revealed in Bluestar's Prophecy, page 45
- Revealed in Bluestar's Prophecy, page 144
- Revealed in Bluestar's Prophecy, page 216
- Revealed in Bluestar's Prophecy, page 14
- Revealed in Pinestar's Choice, chapter 7
- Revealed in Bluestar's Prophecy, page 71
- Revealed in Erin Hunter Chat 4
- Revealed in Bluestar's Prophecy, page 23
- Revealed in Yellowfang's Secret, allegiances
- Revealed in Tallstar's Revenge, allegiances
- Revealed in Bluestar's Prophecy, allegiances