|“Name . . . oh, yes, my name. Purdy, that’s right. He called me Purdy.”|
|— Purdy remembering his name in Midnight, page 228|
- Below contains in-depth information for chapter nineteen of Midnight (book). If you are looking for a shorter summary of the entire book, please check the main article.
- Chapter Number: 19 (of 24)
- Page Numbers: 222-237
- This chapter starts when Brambleclaw, Feathertail, Crowpaw, Tawnypelt, Stormfur and Squirrelpaw are chased by a dog, Brambleclaw yelled to them to climb a tree, even though the trees had a smooth trunk and no low-growing branches. However Feathertail gets stuck a fotlength below them, Crowpaw leaps down the tree and, missing the dog, started running. He vanished in the bushes, the barking of the dog and the shouts of a Twoleg could be heard in the distance; suddently Crowpaw apeared again, the dog panting behind him. Crowpaw managed to climb the tree, and the Twoleg grabbed the dog by the collar and took it away.
- Everyone thank Crowpaw.
- A loner apears and tells the journeying cats that they don't have to come out about sunrise, because the dog was out, later its revealed that the loner's name was Purdy.
- Just to leave, Crowpaw says that they need to hunt soon, and the loner responds that there's no need to hunt, as he guide them to a Twoleg nest. The travelers says that they cant go in Twoleg nests, so he guided them to other place, this time it was a pool of water with golden fish.
- Feathertail and Stormfur teaches the apprentices how to fish, but Crowpaw reacts in disgust and says that the water is salty. A few moments later a Twoleg comes. Crowpaw hisses to Purdy, saying that why did he took them there, Feathertail calms him down and remebers how Crowpaw said that the water was salty, and she realizes that he had his saltwater sign. Purdy asks to her what sign, and Squirrelpaw replies that it was a message from StarClan, Purdy saiys that he doesn't know about StarClan, nor any other Clans.
- Crowpaw says that they need to hurry if they wanna get to the sun-drown-place, Purdy says that he knows the sun-drown-place, not every cat agrees on taking him to the journey, but if he knows where that place is, he must be a guide to the cats.
References and Citations
|Midnight (Book) chapters|
|Not Applicable Yet|