|"So that's why Misty fought so fiercely! And that's why she wouldn't leave. She was protecting her kits... and now we've killed their mother."|
|— Thunder's thoughts upon discovering Alder and Birch in Thunder Rising, page 260|
In the Dawn of the Clans arc
- "All prey around here is ours. Learn that now, before you get really hurt."
- ―Misty threatening Petal and Fox The Sun Trail, page 8 (Bonus Scene)
- "Stupid flea-pelt. If she hadn't been so stubborn, she wouldn't have had to die."
- ―Clear Sky after Misty is killed Thunder Rising, page 261
- Clear Sky is shocked due to Petal's hate toward Misty, but Petal states that the kits have done nothing wrong, and that she would never leave any kit alone as she had been as a kit. Petal says she remembered what it was like to have no one to be there for you. She and Thunder carry Misty's kits back to camp, Thunder making sure to keep Misty's body out of view from the kits. Sometime later, Wind and Gorse report to the moor cats that they found Misty's body, with Alder and Birch nowhere to be found. When Bumble is dying, Wind asks Clear Sky if he killed Misty's kits, but he replies that Petal is looking after them.
- Clear Sky is reminded of Misty when he sees Petal with Birch and Alder. He remembers how Petal took them in after Misty died, when Clear Sky killed her. For a moment, he feels guilty for killing her, but then he thinks of how she attacked them, and he was only defending his cats. He then remembers that she was only defending her kits. As some cats challenge him during a group meeting, Clear Sky says that he rescues cats, indicating to Birch and Alder, yet he goes on before anyone can remind him that he killed Misty. Later, after he is visited by Jackdaw's Cry and Thunder, Clear Sky thinks that he would have been easier on Misty if he had known she was defending Birch and Alder.
Please do not edit this gallery
= Gender Unknown
- Despite dying in Thunder Rising, she is still listed in the allegiances of The First Battle.
- "Petal has a history with this cat. Her name is Misty. When Petal and her brother were kits their mother died. They asked Misty for help, and she refused. Petal has never forgotten that."
- ―Clear Sky to Thunder about Petal and Misty Thunder Rising, pages 258-59
- (Mentioned only)
Notes and references
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.