This article contains major spoilers for the recently released, Graystripe's Vow. Please proceed at your own discretion.
|"I haven't seen Petunia looking that happy in...well, ever. And it's clear that that was your doing. You're going to make a fine leader, Monkeystar."|
|— Fang to Monkeystar in Graystripe's Vow, comic|
Monkeystar is the leader of WarriorClan, a Clan made up of kittypets residing in RiverClan's old territory. She encountered Graystripe while he was on his wander, and he taught WarriorClan more about the Clans who used to live there. She and WarriorClan later helped Fang and Graystripe free several kittypets trapped in a Twoleg nest. A portion of the freed cats joined WarriorClan, and Graystripe named Fang her deputy and Petunia her medicine cat.
In the Super Editions
- "I'm Monkeystar. I'm Clan leader, so I mostly decide what we do each day."
- —Monkeystar to Graystripe Graystripe's Vow, page 205
- Monkeystar ambushes Graystripe and pins him to the ground when he wanders into the old RiverClan territory. He is startled, wondering briefly if a fragment of RiverClan still lived here. After learning that Graystripe is a real warrior cat, Monkeystar tells him to fight her and prove it. He easily beats her in a fight with his claws sheathed. Monkeystar is initially disgruntled by her defeat but shows enthusiasm when asking Graystripe if they can tag along on his adventures. He says he has to do this alone but is willing to show them basic hunting and fighting techniques for the rest of the day, much to the WarriorClan cats' delight.
- Monkeystar and her cats follow Graystripe regardless on his way to the Moonstone. Graystripe did not hear them and is impressed with their stalking skills. He reluctantly lets them complete the journey with him to Mothermouth, but they have a surprise encounter with Fang. Monkeystar declares they shouldn't believe this cat when he said he was Gremlin's son, but Graystripe knows what Fang is saying is true. Later on, she and Clawwhistle accompany Graystripe and Fang to visit Barley. She shows great enthusiasm once more to join Graystripe and Fang on their quest to free the cats in the Twoleg den but Graystripe has her and Clawwhistle stay and 'protect' Barley to stay out of harm's way.
- She and the rest of WarriorClan come running to Fang and Graystripe's aid after he is trapped in the Twoleg nest with all the other kittypets. They are able to free the cats in the den by pushing on a wooden plank under the house from the outside until it breaks free. After everyone settles down, Graystripe assigns Monkeystar to protect the newly freed kittypets in the woods. They ask to join WarriorClan, much to Monkeystar's delight. Graystripe assigns Fang to be WarriorClan's first deputy under Monkeystar, but he secretly knows that Fang is much more of a leader than she is. Monkeystar suggests to the kittypets that if they don't like Clan life, they are welcome to live at Barley's farm.
- In the comic, Monkeystar is shown to be protective and proud of her Clanmates, but is doubtful of her leadership capabilities compared to Fang. She intervenes when she finds Petunia going back to the old Twoleg den to wait for her Twoleg rather than being with her new Clan, bringing Lily to convince Petunia that she is needed in WarriorClan. Petunia struggles to accept that it's time to move on and that her Twoleg would never be coming back, and Monkeystar encourages Petunia to seek answers at the Moonstone. After being visited by Gremlin, Petunia realizes her place is in WarriorClan for good. Monkeystar and the rest of the Clan are overjoyed at Petunia's return and her new commitment, and Fang encourages Monkeystar that she'll be a fine leader.
Please do not edit this gallery
Please do not edit this gallery
- Graystripe's Vow (First appearance)
- Graystripe: "What's a monkey?"
- Monkeystar: "I don't know. But it's the name my housefolk gave me, so it must be something fierce, like me."
- Graystripe's Vow, page 205
- "We're kittypets when we're with our housefolk, but when we're out of our gardens - and that's most of the day—we're fierce warriors. Except that Fireface's housefolk feed him at midday, so he goes home for that."
- —Monkeystar to Graystripe Graystripe's Vow, pages 206-207
- "[Smudge] told us that the whole forest used to be filled with warriors. They lived in the open, and hunted their own prey, and sometimes they would even fight one another. But they were brave and loyal, and they defended the forest."
- —Monkeystar to Graystripe Graystripe's Vow, page 207
- "If you're a true warrior, you'll prove it by fighting me."
- —Monkeystar to Graystripe Graystripe's Vow, page 209
- Monkeystar: "And meanwhile, may StarClan...watch your paws?"
- Graystripe: "Nearly right. Warriors say 'may StarClan light your path.' And may they light yours also, cats of WarriorClan."
- Graystripe's Vow, pages 214-215
- "It's a huge relief to have Petunia back. But I can't let one of my cats go on being this miserable. Not if there's anything I can do about it."
- —Monkeystar thinking about Petunia Graystripe's Vow, page comic
Notes and references
|Warriors||Bigteeth • Bugeater • Buttercup • Chester • Clawwhistle • Fireface • Lily • Sandy-colored tom • Tabby-and-white she-cat|
|Kits||Three unnamed kits|