|“I shall learn from his mistakes. Our mother told us enough about him, after all. He broke the warrior code, and he deserved to fail. I shall know better.”|
|— Hawkfrost to Mothwing about Tigerstar in Moonrise, page 83|
- Below contains in-depth information for chapter six of Moonrise. If you are looking for a shorter summary of the entire book, please check the main article.
- Chapter Number: 6 (of 24)
- Page Numbers: 79-89
- Leafpaw swims to the shore of the river and shakes her pelt to dry off. Mothwing is still determined to teach Leafpaw how to catch fish, but Leafpaw doubts Leopardstar would approve of her crossing the RiverClan territory to catch the fish. Mothwing states that since they are medicine cats, Clan boundaries don't matter, which Leafpaw doesn't agree with but she is too hungry to care.
- As Leafpaw eats some of the fish Mothwing had caught earlier, Mothwing scents Hawkfrost coming and shoves Leafpaw into the river. Leafpaw drifts downriver to a clump of reeds where she could hide until Hawkfrost left. Leafpaw hears Hawkfrost say he believes WindClan is stealing fish. Hawkfrost says he can smell a ThunderClan cat now, but Mothwing says it is just the border. Hawkfrost suggests that since the other clans are weakened with hunger, RiverClan could rule the forest. Mothwing is shocked by what Hawkfrost said and asks him if he thinks he is Tigerstar mockingly. Hawkfrost says there are worse cats to imitate, and he will learn from Tigerstar's mistake of breaking the warrior code.
- The wind changes direction, and Hawkfrost says he is sure he smells a ThunderClan cat. Mothwing lies and tells him the scent is downstream. They follow the scent, allowing Leafpaw to run back across the ThunderClan border. Leafpaw thinks Hawkfrost has a resemblence to another cat she once saw, but does not know who.
- Leafpaw begins walking back to camp, along the way wondering how Mothwing, Hawkfrost, and Sasha could have known so much about Tigerstar. Leafpaw thinks the cat that had closely resembled was Hawkfrost Brambleclaw, then wonders if Tigerstar could be Mothwing and Hawkfrost's father.
- A magpie flies up into the trees infront of her and a cat swears. Graystripe comes out from the bush, disappointed he missed the bird. Graystripe says he is bothered because he does not know where Feathertail, Stormfur, Brambleclaw, and Squirrelpaw have gone to. Leafpaw feels guilty she can't tell Graystripe about the prophecy and give him comfort. Leafpaw asks Graystripe if he knows who Mothwing and Hawkfrost's father is, to which Graystripe says it is probably another rogue. Firestar approaches and asks them if they had seen rogues. Graystripe tells him Leafpaw was only asking who the father of Mothwing and Hawkfrost was.
- Firestar asks Leafpaw if she can sense where Squirrelpaw is now. Leafpaw closes her eyes and concentrates. She suddenly feels as if she is being hit by cold and wet air, then opens her eyes. Leafpaw is reassured her sister is alive and tells Firestar the news.
Notes and references
|Prologue • Chapter 1 • Chapter 2 • Chapter 3 • Chapter 4 • Chapter 5 • Chapter 6 • Chapter 7 • Chapter 8 • Chapter 9 • Chapter 10 • Chapter 11 • Chapter 12 • Chapter 13 • Chapter 14 • Chapter 15 • Chapter 16 • Chapter 17 • Chapter 18 • Chapter 19 • Chapter 20 • Chapter 21 • Chapter 22 • Chapter 23 • Chapter 24 • Epilogue|
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.