|“To truly be a medicine cat lies in a cat’s heart, and all its five senses. You must be braver than warriors, wiser than a Clan leader, humbler than the tiniest kit, more willing to learn than any apprentice...”|
|— Cinderpelt to Leafpaw in Moonrise, page 108|
- Below contains in-depth information for chapter eight of Moonrise. If you are looking for a shorter summary of the entire book, please check the main article.
- Chapter Number: 8 (of 24)
- Page Numbers: 100-110
- Cinderpelt is teaching Leafpaw what to do if a cat leaps at her, instructing her to roll onto her back and claw at their belly. The two medicine cats rehearse the move, then Cinderpelt decides they are done training for the day since they had been training all morning. Leafpaw follows her mentor to the entrance of the camp.
- Before they enter camp, a patrol consisting of Firestar, Dustpelt, and Sorreltail follow behind them. Leafpaw sees that Firestar looks worried and Dustpelt’s fur is bristling. Cinderpelt asks the patrol what had happened. Sorreltail informs her they found bones and fur from prey with WindClan scent on them in ThunderClan territory. Leafpaw says it’s because the rabbits in WindClan are gone.
- In camp, Dustpelt and Firestar are standing near the small fresh kill pile. Dustpelt suggests he should do something about WindClan, as ThunderClan is already short on food. The ThunderClan leader agrees, promising Dustpelt he will do something.
- Firestar goes onto the Highrock and summons the clan. As the cats gather for a meeting, Leafpaw notices how much leaner the ThunderClan cats have become. Firestar repeats the information about stolen prey to the Clan. Cloudtail and Mousefur call out to attack WindClan, but Firestar does not want a battle between the Clans. He assures them he will speak to Tallstar about the prey. Leafpaw recommends the Clan should learn how to fish. Firestar tells Leafpaw ThunderClan wouldn’t be able to use her idea. He picks Sandstorm, Dustpelt, Thornclaw, Ashfur, and Cinderpelt to go with him to WindClan.
- The meeting ends and Firestar pads up to Leafpaw. He questions her about the idea of ThunderClan learning to fish. Leafpaw explains Mothwing had taught her how to fish. Firestar warns her he will have to punish her for taking prey from RiverClan. Cinderpelt limps toward them. She asks Firestar if Leafpaw can join the patrol for the experience, and he reluctantly allows her to go. Cinderpelt says being a medicine cat isn’t just about rules, and her sympathy for the other Clans will make Leafpaw a great medicine cat.
- Near Fourtrees, the ThunderClan patrol catches a dark brown tom and a tabby running off with prey from ThunderClan. Sandstorm believes it was Mudclaw and Tornear. As ThunderClan approaches the WindClan border, Leafpaw sees Tallstar and a group of cats racing towards them. They stop on their side of the border and The WindClan leader asks Firestar why they have come.
Notes and references
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 Revealed in Moonrise, page 100
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 2.4 Revealed in Moonrise, page 102
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 3.3 3.4 3.5 Revealed in Moonrise, page 103
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 Revealed in Moonrise, page 104
- ↑ Revealed in Moonrise, page 105
- ↑ Revealed in Moonrise, page 110
- ↑ Revealed in Moonrise, page 106
- ↑ Revealed in Moonrise, page 107
- ↑ 9.0 9.1 Revealed in Moonrise, page 109
|Prologue • Chapter 1 • Chapter 2 • Chapter 3 • Chapter 4 • Chapter 5 • Chapter 6 • Chapter 7 • Chapter 8 • Chapter 9 • Chapter 10 • Chapter 11 • Chapter 12 • Chapter 13 • Chapter 14 • Chapter 15 • Chapter 16 • Chapter 17 • Chapter 18 • Chapter 19 • Chapter 20 • Chapter 21 • Chapter 22 • Chapter 23 • Chapter 24 • Epilogue|
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.