|"Firestar, I didn't ever think you'd saved my son for this. What has StarClan done to us?"|
|— Morningflower, after Gorsepaw is killed in The Darkest Hour, page 208|
In the Super Editions
In The Prophecies Begin arc
- Morningflower is mentioned in the prologue. She is a heavily pregnant queen, and needs to rest.
- When WindClan makes the return journey home, she had since given birth to a kit. Morningflower is still exhausted from her kitting and from being so far away from home, so she needs constant help from her Clanmates and Fireheart. When she gets tired from carrying her newborn, Fireheart offers to help. She is suspicious, but soon softens after she sees the compassion in his eyes. Fireheart stays close to her so she can see her son. This is the beginning of a bond between the two.
- As they cross the Thunderpath, Morningflower carries her kit across, with Fireheart by her side. Later, when Barkface sees a sign from StarClan in the clouds, he yells, and Morningflower calls out, worried.
- When WindClan gets home, she thanks Fireheart and is overjoyed at being home. She immediately heads to the nursery to start making a nest for her kit and herself. As Fireheart leaves, it is mentioned that he wanted to see Morningflower settled in the nursery.
- Along with the rest of WindClan, Morningflower is outraged when she finds out that ThunderClan is harboring Brokenstar. She takes part in the surprise attack on ThunderClan, and is seen fighting with Longtail. Then, she attacks Fireheart, not realizing at first who he is, but then recognizes him and stops, remembering their friendship. Morningflower leaves Fireheart alone and continues fighting.
- Morningflower does not formally appear in Rising Storm, but is listed in the allegiances. When Onewhisker greets Firestar at a Gathering, he mentions that Morningflower's kit, Gorsepaw, is now an apprentice and is attending his first Gathering.
- Morningflower's son is now an apprentice and Onewhisker is his mentor. Fireheart recognizes him at a Gathering, and Onewhisker introduces his apprentice to the ThunderClan warrior. Gorsepaw shyly tells Fireheart that Morningflower had told him about he had carried him across the Thunderpath when WindClan returned home.
- Morningflower is seen in the battle line during the confrontation between WindClan and ThunderClan, standing next to Onewhisker and Gorsepaw.
- When the ThunderClan cats arrive after TigerClan attack WindClan, Morningflower is in the center of the clearing, wailing. She does not appear to be injured, but keeps nosing a bundle of fur that is the dead Gorsepaw. Onewhisker tells Firestar that Tigerstar held the young apprentice down and killed him to make an example of what would happen to every WindClan cat if they did not join him.
- Firestar pads over to the grieving queen, touching his nose to her shoulder to get her attention. Morningflower looks up at him, saying that she couldn't believe StarClan had done this to them, and that she never thought Firestar would save her son for this. Graystripe also touches his nose to Gorsepaw's body, before murmuring a few comforting words to her.
- Morningflower is one of the WindClan warriors Tallstar brings with him during the meeting of LionClan and TigerClan, her eyes cold with the longing to avenge her kit.
- In the battle with BloodClan, Morningflower bursts out of the bushes beside Ravenpaw and Barley, attacking a white BloodClan tom. She slashes fiercely at his haunches while yowling her dead son's name, taking all of her grief of her son's murder out on the BloodClan cats. She leaps onto his back, clawing out pawfuls of fur.
- After the battle, Firestar sees her emerge from the bushes with Tallstar, Mudclaw, and some WindClan apprentices. Firestar sees a glow of satisfaction in her eyes, noting she now feels avenged for the death of Gorsepaw.
In The New Prophecy arc
- Morningflower is now an elder. Feathertail pauses to briefly speak with her at the Gathering, and though the exchange is polite, it is not friendly, as WindClan cats are still drinking water from RiverClan territory though the drought is over.
- During the journey to the new territory, the Clans cross a Thunderpath. Morningflower falls behind and is in danger of being hit by a monster. Leafpaw and Firestar yell encouragement, and she makes it safely across.
- Later, one of her paw pads wears raw from walking. Leafpaw takes a look at it while Barkface examines an unfamiliar herb brought by Russetfur. Barkface is skeptical about the herbs, but Morningflower gives her approval saying that if it works, they can use it on others. With Morningflower's consent, Leafpaw chews and washes the green juice into Morningflower's paw. She winces but shrugs it off as a small sting. Once Leafpaw is finished with the unknown herb juice, she swaths Morningflower's paw in cobwebs reminding her if it starts to throb. Morningflower then gingerly presses her paw to the ground and tells Leafpaw that it works.
- As they get further into the mountains, it is noted that Morningflower's paw has improved even though the terrain has been getting more difficult to walk on.
- Morningflower has been growing weaker with coming old age. She and Darkfoot, another WindClan elder, become very sick from being given poisoned water by Mothwing to drink before coming to the camp. Leafpaw brings watermint when she hears the news, and is able to help Barkface keep them from getting any worse.
In the Power of Three arc
- Jaypaw listens to the other medicine cats on the way to the Moonpool, and Barkface confides that Morningflower has recovered from greencough and lives to see another newleaf. Jaypaw can tell that Barkface fears that it might be her last newleaf.
In the Field Guides
- It is mentioned that her apprentice name is Morningpaw and her mentor is Tallstar, the leader of WindClan.
- When ShadowClan attacks the WindClan camp, Morningflower is seen in the nursery with Ashfoot. Ashfoot tells the heavily pregnant queen to protect her son, Eaglekit. When WindClan decides to leave the camp, Morningflower and Eaglekit are first to break through the bracken to escape and start running, with Eaglekit bumping against his mother's legs in terror.
In the Novellas
- Although listed as an elder in the allegiances of Leafpool's Wish, her description states her as a tortoiseshell queen, similar to when she was listed as a queen.
- She is shown as a black-and-white cat.
Please do not edit this gallery
- Woollytail: Deceased, verified StarClan member
- Hareflight: Living (As of Tallstar's Revenge)
- Rabbitkit: Living (As of Tallstar's Revenge)
- Doespring: Deceased, verified StarClan member
- Ryestalk: Living (As of Tallstar's Revenge)
- Unnamed kits: Status unknown
- Crowfeather: Living (As of The Raging Storm)
- Eaglekit: Deceased, verified StarClan member
- Two unnamed kits: Status unknown
- Breezepelt: Living (As of The Raging Storm)
- Jayfeather: Living (As of The Raging Storm)
- Lionblaze: Living (As of The Raging Storm)
- Hollytuft: Living (As of The Raging Storm)
- Sorrelstripe: Living (As of The Raging Storm)
- Smokehaze: Living (As of The Raging Storm)
- Brindlewing: Living (As of The Raging Storm)
= Gender Unknown
- "What is it, Barkface? Has StarClan spoken to you?"
- —Morningflower, after Barkface receives a vision Fire and Ice, page 76
- "Morningflower's eyes were filled with sorrow, and Fireheart could see that she too remembered what they had endured together. He could not bring himself to strike her, and after a moment she backed away from him and disappeared into the heaving mass of cats."
- —Narrator describing Morningflower and Fireheart's encounter during the fight over Brokenstar Forest of Secrets, page 204
- "But I want to fight!"
- —Morningflower to Ashfoot Secrets of the Clans, page 32
References and citations
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 Revealed in Fire and Ice, allegiances
- ↑ Revealed in The Darkest Hour, page 210
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 3.3 3.4 Revealed on Vicky's Facebook Page
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 Revealed in Secrets of the Clans, page 38
- ↑ Revealed in A Dangerous Path, page 162
- ↑ Revealed in Midnight, allegiances
- ↑ Revealed in Sunrise, allegiances
- ↑ Revealed in Fire and Ice, page 65
- ↑ Revealed on Kate's blog
- ↑ 10.0 10.1 10.2 10.3 Revealed in Secrets of the Clans, page 37
- ↑ Revealed in Leafpool's Wish, allegiances
- ↑ 12.0 12.1 12.2 12.3 12.4 12.5 12.6 Revealed on the Warriors website family tree
- ↑ Revealed in Rising Storm, page 208
- ↑ 14.0 14.1 Revealed in Tallstar's Revenge, page 253
- ↑ 15.0 15.1 15.2 15.3 Revealed in Tallstar's Revenge, page 26
- ↑ 16.0 16.1 16.2 Revealed in Tallstar's Revenge, page 274
- ↑ Revealed in Tallstar's Revenge, page 6
- ↑ Revealed in Tallstar's Revenge, page 21
- ↑ Revealed in Rising Storm, page 64
- ↑ Revealed in Secrets of the Clans, page 32
- ↑ Revealed in Firestar's Quest, page 40
- ↑ Revealed in The Sight, page 118
- ↑ 23.0 23.1 23.2 Revealed in Sunrise, page 290
- ↑ 24.0 24.1 24.2 Revealed in Bramblestar's Storm, page 478
- ↑ 25.0 25.1 Kate's Blog
- ↑ Revealed in The Ultimate Guide, page 189
- ↑ Revealed in The First Battle, page 194
- ↑ 28.0 28.1 Revealed in The First Battle, page 139