Mosspaw was a ShadowClan apprentice under Brokenstar’s leadership in the forest territories. He was born as Mosskit to Featherstorm and Blizzardwing along with his siblings, Dawnkit and Volekit. Under Brokenstar’s tyranny, he was made Brokenstar’s apprentice when he was less than six moons old, and was accidentally killed by Brownkit and Wetkit during battle training. Brokenstar completely disregarded his apprentice’s death and immediately replaced him with Volepaw.
In the Super Editions
- Mosskit is born to Featherstorm and Blizzardwing, along with his siblings Volekit and Dawnkit.
- When Brokenstar calls a Clan meeting he asks Featherstorm where her kits are, telling her to fetch them at once. She protests, responding to him that they had just gone to sleep, that and they aren't old enough to catch their own prey. Despite her objections, Brokenstar orders her to get them. Featherstorm does as she's told, and gathers her kits. Mosskit and his siblings are brought out, and noted to be sleepy.
- Yellowfang tells Brokenstar that Mosskit isn't old enough to become an apprentice, but he cuts her off saying it was his decision. Featherstorm reluctantly prods the kit awake, and he steps forward, looking uncertain. Brokenstar announces him as Mosspaw, announcing himself as his mentor, and the little tom looks startled, yet proud.
- Mosspaw participates in a training session with the other kits while Brokenstar supervises, but Brownkit and Wetkit get the angle wrong on a double-attack move and they kill Mosspaw. The kits are sent back to camp and Yellowfang brings the dead kit.
In the Field Guides
- Mosspaw is only briefly mentioned as one of Brokenstar's apprentices along with Volepaw. They are both said to have died mysteriously before becoming warriors.
- He has been mistakenly called Molekit.
- In Secrets of the Clans, it is mentioned that Mosspaw died mysteriously before becoming a warrior. However, in Yellowfang's Secret, Mosspaw's cause of death, wounds sustained during training, is known by ShadowClan.
Please do not edit this gallery
Please do not edit this gallery
- Brokenstar: Deceased, no residence
- Rowanclaw: Deceased, verified StarClan member
- Cedarheart: Deceased, verified StarClan member
- Sleekwhisker: Living (As of River of Fire)
- Pouncestep: Living (As of The Silent Thaw)
- Lightleap: Living (As of The Silent Thaw)
= Gender Unknown
- The Warrior Code: An Outdated Relic? on the Warriors official website (Indirect mention only)
- Clan or Kin? on the Warriors official website (Indirect mention only)
Notes and references
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 Revealed in Secrets of the Clans, page 64
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 Revealed in Yellowfang's Secret, page 464
- ↑ Revealed in Yellowfang's Secret, page 463
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 Revealed in Yellowfang's Secret, page 451
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 5.2 5.3 5.4 5.5 Revealed on the Warriors website family tree
- ↑ Revealed in Yellowfang's Secret, page 405
- ↑ Revealed in Yellowfang's Secret, page 406
- ↑ 8.0 8.1 8.2 Revealed in Yellowfang's Secret, page 418
- ↑ 9.0 9.1 Revealed in Yellowfang's Secret, allegiances
- ↑ 10.0 10.1 Revealed in Into the Wild, page 255
- ↑ Revealed in Secrets of the Clans, page 77
- ↑ 12.0 12.1 Revealed in Secrets of the Clans, page 71
- ↑ 13.0 13.1 13.2 Revealed in Dark River, page 21
- ↑ 14.0 14.1 14.2 Revealed on Kate's blog
- ↑ 15.0 15.1 15.2 Revealed in Tigerheart's Shadow, chapter 18