|"This is your destiny, whether you want it or not. You have no choice but to follow it. Every Clan's destiny depends on you, though they don't know it yet. But they will. And there will come a time when they listen to you and you alone. I can tell you this, but it's up to you to earn their respect."|
|— Half Moon to Moth Flight when the latter says that nobody will believe her in Moth Flight's Vision, page 99|
- Below contains in-depth information for chapter twelve of Moth Flight's Vision. If you are looking for a shorter summary of the entire book, please check the main article.
- Chapter Number: 12 (of 37)
- Page Numbers: 99-102
- Half Moon whisks her tail in irritation, telling Moth Flight that she needs to have faith in herself. Moth Flight replies that her Clan already thinks she's feather-headed and that they'll think she's gone completely crazy if she goes back talking about medicine cats and spirit-cats. Half Moon warns her that the moonlight is fading, and tells her that it is her destiny and she has no choice, but eventually the Clans will come to listen to her alone and she will have to work for that respect.
- Moth Flight frantically asks how, citing that she had been told she was a danger to her Clan, had lost Slate's kits, and had nearly gotten Gorse Fur killed. She adds that she is useless and stars at the floor. A kit steps forward and Moth Flight recognizes Morning Whisker and Emberkit, who tell her that she has to do this and that Wind Runner will listen to her. They then say that the three of them share a history, a future, and a mother, and that Wind Runner will support her because she is her kit. Moth Flight replies that Wind Runner thinks that she is useless, and Morning Whisker says that the moor is a harsh place and she is afraid of losing more kits. Emberkit adds that Wind Runner just wants to protect her, and someday Moth Flight will feel that way about her Clan. Moth Flight wonders if she is to become a mother to the entire Clan.
- The spirit-cats start to fade, and Moth Flight begs them to tell her how to convince the Clans, or show up at the next Gathering. Half Moon replies that they will not, but they will send a sign. Moth Flight receives the prophecy: We will split the sky. And later, stars will rise.
- We will split the sky. And later, stars will rise.
Notes and references
|Moth Flight's Vision chapters|
|Prologue • Chapter 1 • Chapter 2 • Chapter 3 • Chapter 4 • Chapter 5 • Chapter 6 • Chapter 7 • Chapter 8 • Chapter 9 • Chapter 10 • Chapter 11 • Chapter 12 • Chapter 13 • Chapter 14 • Chapter 15 • Chapter 16 • Chapter 17 • Chapter 18 • Chapter 19 • Chapter 20 • Chapter 21 • Chapter 22 • Chapter 23 • Chapter 24 • Chapter 25 • Chapter 26 • Chapter 27 • Chapter 28 • Chapter 29 • Chapter 30 • Chapter 31 • Chapter 32 • Chapter 33 • Chapter 34 • Chapter 35 • Chapter 36 • Chapter 37 • Manga|
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.