This page contains Mothwing's personality and relationships. It containsdue to being based off of general novel themes, and all statements must be sourced.
- Mothwing is a patient, kind, and gentle cat. Even though she doesn’t believe in StarClan, she is a good medicine cat, and cares for her Clanmates. She is not afraid to break the rules and stand up for herself.
- "Our father was a great warrior. Our mother is proud and strong. They shared only one flaw: that their only loyalty was to themselves above all other cats. We're not like that. We understand what it means to be loyal to our Clan. We have the courage to live by the warrior code. And because of that we'll be the most powerful cats in RiverClan one day, and our Clanmates will have to respect us then."
- —Hawkfrost to Mothwing Dawn, page 169
- Mothwing and Hawkfrost are brother and sister, and they support each other. Even when it is obvious that her brother has evil intentions, Mothwing refuses to believe it. Hawkfrost even fakes a sign for Mudfur to see so that Mothwing can become a medicine cat.
- Mothwing’s reputation is tainted because of her rogue mother. Other cats often think that she cannot be a true Clan cat because she is not Clanborn. However, Mothwing proved herself by remaining with her Clan when her mother asks her and Hawkfrost to come live with her.
- Coming Soon
- Coming Soon
- Mistystar was Mothwing's first mentor. Her and Mistystar had a good relationship and Mistystar respected her decision to train as a medicine cat. When Mistystar found out Mothwing didn't believe in StarClan, it strained their relationship.
- But Mistystar ended up respecting Mothwing even though she didn't believe in StarClan. When Bramblestar's imposter started talking about making the codebreakers atone, Mothwing was exiled but after the imposter was captured she came back. After Mistystar exiled Harelight and Icewing, Mothwing went with them, devastating both herself and Mistystar.
- Mothwing and Leafpool are good friends. Mothwing is not afraid to break the warrior code for Leafpool, and they often help each other in hard times.
- WIllowshine is Mothwing's apprentice. They have a good relationship and Willowshine respects Mothwing's lack of faith in StarClan. They both help each other and Willowshine is devastated when Mothwing is exiled from RiverClan.
- "Distrust welled up inside her: Brambleclaw and Hawkfrost had planned to rule the territories together one day. Had their plan fallen apart? Had Brambleclaw decided to eliminate his rival for power instead of working with him? As she stared at Brambleclaw, the tabby tom’s shoulders slumped and he gazed past her, his eyes dark with horror. No, Mothwing decided. The ThunderClan tom did not look like a triumphant victor."
- —Mothwing's thoughts about Brambleclaw after Hawkfrost's death Mothwing's Secret, page Chapter 10
- Mothwing and Bramblestar are half-siblings, but didn't know each other's existence until later life. While Brambleclaw wanted to know his half-siblings, Mothwing wasn't interested, Though their mutual connection with Hawkfrost made her observe Brambleclaw out of curiosity. As Mothwing worried for her littermate's decent into cruelty, she projected those same fears onto Brambleclaw without knowing him. When Hawkfrost turned up dead, Mothwing first assumed the worst of Brambleclaw, but had to miserably admit her littermate was the only guilty one.
- Afterwards, Mothwing doesn't interact with him outside of official duties. Though Bramblestar respects her capability as a medicine cat to care for RiverClan, denying Leafpool's request to help. When Bramblestar acts out of character and starts a tyrannical agenda against codebreakers, Mothwing doesn't hesitate to protest it. When she discovers her half-brother is possessed, she still joins the rebels to overthrow the impostor. Despite it risking damage to his body, she does it to protect the Clans.
- "Tawnypelt, Tigerstar’s daughter, was a respected ShadowClan warrior. Of course, they were born in the Clans, she thought. Their mother was a ThunderClan cat. Things are different for them."
- —Mothwing's thoughts on Tawnypelt Mothwing's Secret, page Chapter 10
- Mothwing didn't know about her half-sister until after she joined RiverClan. She considered Tawnypelt better off when it came to living in their father's shadow, as her mother was Clan-born, not a rogue. Unlike Brambleclaw, Hawkfrost didn't get close to their half-sister, meaning Mothwing didn't have a reason to take extra notice. Though they don't act like sisters, they share certain values, such as them both joining the rebels to keep the Clans safe from a possessed Bramblestar.
Notes and references
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.