|"And it's hard to trust new cats. After Darktail."|
|— Nettlesplash to Hawkwing in Darkest Night, page 169|
Nettlesplash is a SkyClan warrior under Leafstar's leadership in the gorge and in the lake territories. He was born as Nettlekit to Waspwhisker and Fallowfern, along with his siblings, Plumkit, Creekkit, and Rabbitkit. He became an apprentice named Nettlepaw, and later on, a warrior named Nettlesplash. He and several other SkyClan cats tried taking Twoleg food from an elderly Twoleg, though Leafstar catches them and reprimanded them that warriors reject the soft life of a kittypet. Nettlesplash later became Rileypool's mentor, and Mintfur's mate, fathering Gravelkit, Nectarkit, Palekit, and Fringekit with her. In the aftermath of the battle of the gorge, Nettlesplash and Mintfur opted to become loners as their young kits wouldn't be able to handle the long trek to find ThunderClan.
As he and Mintfur raised their kits, Nettlesplash became worried when Darktail and his band of rogues remained in the gorge, but when Dragonfly, a cat of Darktail's, fell sick near their den, Nettlesplash felt pity over the she-cat and helped nurse her back to health. Moons later, a SkyClan patrol led by Hawkwing found Nettlesplash and his family, and they rejoined SkyClan once again, returning to SkyClan's new home beside the lake.
- 1 History
- 1.1 In the A Vision of Shadows arc
- 1.2 In The Broken Code arc
- 1.3 In the Super Editions
- 1.4 In the Novellas
- 1.5 In the SkyClan and the Stranger arc
- 2 Character pixels
- 3 Official art
- 4 Family
- 5 Appearances
- 6 Quotes
- 7 External links
- 8 Notes and references
In the A Vision of Shadows arc
- "I'm taking you back to my den. We're going to help you."
- ―Nettlesplash to Dragonfly Darkest Night, pages 9-11
- More Coming Soon
In The Broken Code arc
- Nettlesplash and Plumwillow are on a border patrol with Hawkwing when Dewspring and Rootpaw ask to join them. He marks the border and reminisces with the ThunderClan patrol about prey returning to the forest. Later, Rootpaw spots Nettlesplash and Macgyver selecting prey from the fresh-kill pile.
- Nettlesplash and Blossomheart arrive in SkyClan's camp with Bramblestar's impostor in tow and he announces they found Bramblestar near the border wishing to speak to Leafstar.
In the Super Editions
- "I'll teach you to push me into the river!"
- ―Nettlekit to Plumkit SkyClan's Destiny, page 16
- Nettlekit says that he wanted to train with the apprentices. When Leafstar gives permission for some cats to try out other caves, as dens, Nettlekit says that he wanted to sleep in one. After the battle with the rats he and his littermates are seen running down the trail and climbing on Waspwhisker. Nettlekit is then seen by Leafstar as she sees Fallowfern trying to smooth out Nettlekit's rumpled fur.
- Leafstar and Billystorm then offer to take Nettlekit and his littermates out for a while, so Fallowfern can get a rest, Fallowfern agrees and they decide to go to the training area. The kits are shown to be very excited when Billystorm catches a blackbird. When they pretend that they are the warriors in the Twoleg attack, he chooses to be Billystorm, saying that the warrior knows everything about fighting. His siblings retort, saying that Billystorm is a kittypet, and didn't show up at the battle, though Nettlekit refuses to be anyone else until his sister threatens him by saying that he can't play. He then quickly changes his mind to Sparrowpelt. He is then seen saying he wanted to be Billystorm in a game the kits were playing and the kits tell him that Billystorm was not a real warrior, he was a kittypet, and that if he wanted to be Billystorm he could play by himself.
- When Echosong tells Leafstar that she needs an apprentice, Leafstar tells her to wait until one of Fallowfern's kits are old enough, but the kits say that they don't want to be a medicine cat. When a Twoleg kit gets trapped upstream from the camp, Fallowfern says that Plumkit and Nettlekit heard strange noises. Nettlekit is then seen saying that he wanted to see Twolegplace. Nettlekit is then seen with his siblings having a fake warrior ceremony. Nettlekit says that he'd rather be a kittypet, and Leafstar worries for a moment, but then she remembers that it was all just a game.
- He later complains to the fact that Fallowfern wants the kits to clean out the nursery. When Waspwhisker leaves camp with the rest of the warriors, he is seen telling him that he should not leave, and that he didn't want anything to happen to him. In the comic the end of the book, Nettlepaw, along with his siblings, Creekpaw, Plumpaw, and Rabbitpaw all pass their assessments and receive their warrior names: Nettlesplash, Creekfeather, Plumwillow, and Rabbitleap.
- "Yes, rip their pelts off!"
- ―Nettlesplash about attacking the rogues Hawkwing's Journey, page 214
- Nettlesplash is seen as part of the larger patrols, due to the two attacks from raccoons. Hawkwing stops and Nettlesplash, along with the rest of the patrol, vanishes into the undergrowth. After a border patrol is attacked by rogues, Nettlesplash questions how long SkyClan can keep fighting against every threat. After SkyClan is driven out by the rogues, Nettlesplash regroups with the Clan in Ebonyclaw's garden, his mate and kits with him. Sparrowpelt announces since they have daylight-warriors again, they can attack the rogues. Nettlesplash yowls his agreement, growling they'll rip their fur off. Nettlesplash's apprentice, Rileypaw, has his warrior ceremony and Nettlesplash says that he is ready for his warrior name, not waiting for Leafstar to ask him as traditional. The leader dips her head in acknowledgement to the warrior instead. When Leafstar decides for SkyClan to leave, Nettlesplash stands protectively over his mate and kits as he announces they have thought carefully and decided to remain behind. He explains this is because the pair's kits are too small to make the long journey. SkyClan leaves that day, with Nettlesplash, Mintfur and their kits remaining behind as loners.
- His kits are now warriors, Palesky, Gravelnose, Nectarsong and Fringewhisker.
In the Novellas
- At Rileypaw's and Bellapaw's apprentice ceremony, Leafstar nods to Tinycloud and Nettlesplash, asking if they can be the newest apprentices' mentors. Nettlesplash nods as he stands beside Tinycloud.
In the SkyClan and the Stranger arc
- Sandypaw: "Oh just-just in the woods, ah, trying to follow the fox-scent."
- Nettlesplash: "Yeah, the fox-scent, but we didn't, uh, didn't ever find anything."
- The Rescue, page 30
- Sharpclaw mentions that he sent Nettlesplash out on patrol with Waspwhisker, Tinycloud and Sandypaw to check on the fox scent. When Leafstar and Harveymoon go for a walk, they encounter Waspwhisker and Tinycloud looking for Nettlesplash and Sandypaw, who had disappeared when the patrol had split up beyond the border. After some searching, they find the two young cats, and Leafstar asks them what they were doing. Nettlesplash and Sandypaw uneasily reply that they were looking for the fox-scent, but couldn't find it. However, Leafstar detects the scent of food on them and asks them if they had been eating. Sandypaw replies they did, but only ate a little, and Leafstar reminds them that it is against the warrior code to eat before the kits and the elders. She then sends them back to camp, telling them that for a punishment they have to check Lichenfur and change her bedding. Once back at camp, he and Sandypaw clean Lichenfur's and Tangle's fur for ticks.
- Later, Rockshade tells Leafstar that the apprentices, Plumwillow and Nettlesplash are missing. However, they promptly return to camp with only a mangled pigeon. Waspwhisker asks what their story is and why they came back with bad fresh-kill, and Nettlesplash, who had been carrying it, insists that they got carried away when they caught it. After a few days, Leafstar spots the young cats heading up the gorge again, and Sharpclaw confronts them. Nettlesplash stammers that they thought they would go on their own dawn patrol. Later, Leafstar overhears Nettlesplash telling Sandypaw that he can't tell Tinycloud about their secret. Leafstar decides to keep a close eye on the young cats from then on.
- Nettlesplash, Birdpaw and Sandypaw later tell Sharpclaw that they are going to cool their paws off in the water. Clovertail is glad that at least Nettlesplash has gotten over his fear of water, as he had never liked it since Plumwillow pushed him in when they were kits. Leafstar decides to follow them, and finds them at a Twoleg nest, being fed by an elderly Twoleg. Leafstar angrily confronts them, and Nettlesplash stammers that the Twoleg is really nice and her food tastes good. Leafstar furiously orders them to go back to the gorge.
- When Leafstar and her kits are captured by the Twoleg, Leafstar doesn't want to eat any kittypet food, but thinks that since Birdpaw, Honeypaw, and Nettlesplash ate it for days with no ill effects, she must eat it for her kits. When Leafstar meets Sol, he comforts her that she will be fed, though he is surprised that the other wild cats didn't stay after tasting the food. Leafstar exclaims that they would never stay, as they are warriors like her. After Leafstar and her kits are rescued, Leafstar reminds the apprentices that they must never take food from Twolegs, and Nettlesplash is embarrassed.
- When Leafstar and Sharpclaw decide to send the hunting patrols in groups of eight, Patchfoot's patrol return, but with only four cats. He tells Leafstar that it was Sol's idea to divide their hunting patrol into four cats. Fallowfern worries that Nettlesplash and his sister, Plumwillow, could be attacked by foxes or badgers. However, Nettlesplash, Plumwillow, Mintfur and Sol return with enough fresh-kill to keep the Clan fed for days.
- Sharpclaw is unsure about Sol's unexpected hunting skill, so Leafstar volunteers to join Sol and his patrol on another hunting session. When they go very deep into the woods, Leafstar asks what they are doing, and Nettlesplash shows Leafstar a fox den. Leafstar is surprised and exclaims that they must get away from there, but Nettlesplash tells her to wait, reassuring her that it's okay. When Sol gives the order to steal prey from the fox den, Nettlesplash and the others snatch rabbits and run back to the gorge. Later, at the top of the gorge, he and the patrol are scolded by Leafstar and Sharpclaw for potentially leading the foxes to their camp, and Leafstar makes the young warriors promise not to bring this up with the rest of the Clan.
Please do not edit this gallery
Please do not edit this gallery
- Nettlesplash's parents are Waspwhisker and Fallowfern. His mate is Mintfur, and Gravelnose, Palesky, Fringewhisker and Nectarsong are their children. For more of Nettlesplash's family, click here!
- SkyClan's Destiny (First appearance)
- The Rescue
- Beyond the Code
- Ravenpaw's Farewell
- Hawkwing's Journey
- Darkest Night
- River of Fire (Allegiance only)
- Tawnypelt's Clan (Allegiance only)
- Spotfur's Rebellion (Allegiance only)
- The Raging Storm (Allegiance only)
- Squirrelflight's Hope (Allegiance only)
- Lost Stars (Allegiance only)
- The Silent Thaw
- Veil of Shadows
- Darkness Within (Allegiance only)
- Graystripe's Vow (Allegiance only)
- Daisy's Kin (Allegiance only)
- The Place of No Stars (Allegiance only)
- "Nettlekit, Plumkit, I don't want to hear another squeak from either of you."
- ―Fallowfern scolding Nettlekit and Plumkit SkyClan's Destiny, page 24
- Echosong: "It's true that I had the vision on the same day that the fire happened, but—"
- Nettlesplash: "Was StarClan predicting the fire?"
- Hawkwing's Journey, page 38
- Sagenose: "But they'll be back!"
- Nettlesplash: "Yes, how long can we keep fighting?"
- Hawkwing's Journey, page 162
- Dragonfly: "Go ahead. Whatever you're going to do, I can't stop you."
- Nettlesplash: "I'm not going to do anything. I'm not like Darktail's rogues. I wouldn't attack a helpless cat."
- Darkest Night: Bonus Scene, pages 9-11
- (Warrior of the Week #89)
- (Allegiance only)
- (Indirect mention only)
- (Allegiance only)
- (Allegiance only)
- (Allegiance only)
- (Allegiance only)
Notes and references
- Revealed in SkyClan's Destiny, allegiances
- Revealed in Darkest Night, page 17
- Revealed in The Rescue, page 51
- Revealed in Hawkwing's Journey, page 235
- Revealed in Veil of Shadows, page 257
- Revealed in SkyClan's Destiny, manga
- Revealed in Hawkwing's Journey, allegiances
- Revealed in Darkest Night, chapter 12
- Revealed in SkyClan's Destiny, page 15
- Revealed in SkyClan and the Stranger
|Medicine cats||Frecklewish • Fidgetflake|
|Warriors||Sparrowpelt • Tinycloud • Sagenose • Mintfur • Nettlesplash • Rabbitleap (Wrenpaw) • Plumwillow • Macgyver • Harrybrook • Blossomheart • Bellaleaf • Dewspring • Reedclaw • Violetshine • Fringewhisker • Palesky • Gravelnose • Quailfeather • Pigeonfoot • Sunnypelt • Kitescratch • Turtlecrawl • Needleclaw • Rootspring|
|Kits||Beekit • Beetlekit|