|"You'll kill me, will you? You'll kill One Eye? If One Eye were that easy to kill, he'd never have survived kithood. Keep that to remember me by."|
|— One Eye mocking Clear Sky in The Blazing Star, pages 93-94|
One Eye was a rogue in the forest who was greedy and hungry for power. He falsely befriended Tom, a former kittypet, and the two convinced Clear Sky to let them join his group. However, he was revealed to be controlling and killed Tom when he defended his daughter, Sparrow Fur, from him during a "training session". One Eye then chased Clear Sky out of his own camp and planned to take over the other groups. When he learned his daughter, Star Flower, was beginning to get close to Thunder, he told her to betray the forest cats by telling him of their plan to defeat him. In the end, the groups banded together to defeat One Eye and sent the rest of his rogues scattering.
Looking for a longer overview? Find one here!
- "I told you to leave, Clear Sky. I'm not going to kill you. I know that you'll suffer far more knowing that I took the leadership out of your paws because you couldn't hold onto it. So leave, before I have to put my claw marks on you."
- —One Eye to Clear Sky before kicking him out The Blazing Star, pages 143-144
- Clear Sky manages to get the other camp cats to go with his plan to drive One Eye out, but they are betrayed by Star Flower, who reveals herself to be One Eye's daughter. Sparrow Fur offers to be the bait to distract the rogue leader, as he killed her father. The plan works, with Thunder managing to land the killing blow on One Eye and by extension, scattering his rogues. He is often remembered by the early settlers afterwards, especially by his daughter, despite his cruelty and viciousness. When Slash makes his presence known by kidnapping Star Flower, he is revealed to be an old rogue friend of One Eye's.
- When One Eye ruled over Clear Sky's camp, he left a mark on any cat under his watch that looked just like an eye on their paw pad.
- Kate has said that One Eye loved Star Flower as much as he could love any other cat, and he didn't kill Star Flower's mother and littermates.
- Kate thinks he may have founded the Place of No Stars.[blog 2][blog 3]
- One Eye is mistakenly mentioned to have both eyes.
Please do not edit this gallery
This list shows the victims One Eye has killed:
= Gender Unknown
- "He's a bully and a murderer. He's a rogue with fierce battle skills, and he's hungry for power. He knows this area very well; he claimed to know about the sickness."
- —Clear Sky about One Eye The Blazing Star, page 171
- "She was talking about the rogue cat called One Eye, who had taken over Clear Sky's territory by force, viciously attacking any cat who disobeyed him. The cats of the forest had to stop him! But Star Flower had loved her father, despite his obvious faults."
- —Thunder thinking about One Eye A Forest Divided, pages 84-85
- The Blazing Star † (First appearance)
- A Forest Divided (Mentioned only)
- Path of Stars (Mentioned only)
- Moth Flight's Vision (Mentioned only)
- "You're a fool. I've known One Eye for a long time—and he's not to be trusted. You'll live to regret taking him in."
- —Mouse Ear warning Clear Sky about giving One Eye shelter The Blazing Star, page 51
- "Your so-called rules are a joke. No cat really cares about anything but himself. Pretending otherwise just causes heartache...and sickness."
- —One Eye to Clear Sky about his group The Blazing Star, page 92
- "It's Sparrow Fur. One Eye attacked her, and when Tom tried to intervene, One Eye killed him. I thought One Eye would help my group, teaching us his fighting moves, giving us a different way to see things—but now I realize there's something very wrong with him. He not only attacked a kit; he killed a cat who was supposed to be his friend."
- —Clear Sky describing One Eye's recent tactics to Gray Wing The Blazing Star, page 105
- "Yes, but at what cost? He's killed one cat and nearly killed another. How many more would have to die, just so that we could listen to his words of wisdom—if he has any wisdom to offer?"
- —Lightning Tail about One Eye to the other cats at a Gathering The Blazing Star, page 133
- "You can't tell me what to do. This is my territory now. While you were off with your stupid friends sharing tales at the four trees, I took real action. These cats need protecting from the sickness, and I'm the cat to do it."
- —One Eye to Clear Sky The Blazing Star, page 140
- "Don't you remember what I said? I may only have one eye, but I see everything. I watched these cats carefully when I joined your so-called group, and there's something I noticed. Most of them don't like you very much, Clear Sky. [...] And there's something else I noticed. You don't actually know how to keep your cats in line. Oh, yes you think you're being very clever, guarding territories and hiding in the forest like a coward, but what does that actually achieve?"
- —One Eye taunting Clear Sky The Blazing Star, pages 141-142
- "Don't even think about it. If One Eye found out that any of the forest cats spoke to you, he'd make them suffer. And he'd enjoy doing it."
- —River Ripple to Thunder The Blazing Star, page 214
- "Cats like Slash and One Eye aren't happy until they have everything!"
- —Thorn about Slash and One Eye Path of Stars, page 8
- Gray Wing: "He is determined to hate us, and he must find a reason to justify that hate. It is deep in his bones, just like it was with One Eye."
- Thunder: "Some cats need an enemy to make them feel strong."
- Path of Stars, page 96
- (Mentioned only)
Notes and references
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 Revealed in The Blazing Star, allegiances
- ↑ Revealed in The Blazing Star, chapter 10
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Revealed in The Blazing Star, page 49
- ↑ Revealed in The Blazing Star, pages 144-145
- ↑ Revealed in The Blazing Star, pages 239-240
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 Revealed in The Blazing Star, page 93
- ↑ Revealed in The Blazing Star, chapter 15
- ↑ 8.0 8.1 Revealed in The Blazing Star, page 43
- ↑ Revealed in The Blazing Star, pages 142-144
- ↑ Revealed on Kate's Facebook
- ↑ Revealed in The Blazing Star, page 236
- ↑ Revealed in The Blazing Star, page 105
- ↑ 13.0 13.1 Revealed in A Forest Divided, page 147
- ↑ Revealed in The Blazing Star, page 231
- ↑ 15.0 15.1 15.2 Revealed in A Forest Divided, page 82
- ↑ 16.0 16.1 Revealed in The Blazing Star