|"They all looked thin and exhausted, but their eyes glittered with hostility and their fur was bristling as if they would leap into battle..."|
|— Narrator describing the RiverClan patrol in The Fourth Apprentice, page 20|
Otterheart is a dark brown she-cat.
In the Power of Three arc
In the Omen of the Stars arc
- Although she is not listed in the allegiances, Otterheart appears with her apprentice, Sneezepaw, and her Clanmates, Graymist and Reedwhisker, when a ThunderClan patrol comes to get water from the rapidly shrinking lake. The four RiverClan cats cluster together, waiting for the ThunderClan patrol to draw closer to the water, carefully guarding the fish. She is noted to look wary and hostile, as well as extremely tired and scrawny, but still ready to leap into battle.
- When Berrynose angrily tells the patrol that ThunderClan will drink the water whether they like it or not, all of the RiverClan cats unsheathe their claws. Otterheart takes a step forward, hissing that the lake belongs to RiverClan. As the ThunderClan patrol nears the water's edge, Otterheart and her patrol watch their every move with hostile gazes.
The following information is from sources considered non-canon or retconned.
- In The Clans Decide, Firestar rescues Otterheart and Pouncetail, who are both thin and wounded, from a ShadowClan patrol. After they recover in ThunderClan's camp, Otterheart returns to RiverClan and votes for Firestar to temporarily lead the Clans through the difficult leaf-bare.
- Eclipse (First appearance; allegiance only)
- Long Shadows (Allegiance only)
- Hollyleaf's Story (Allegiance only)
- The Fourth Apprentice
- "The lake belongs to us."
- —Otterheart to the ThunderClan patrol The Fourth Apprentice, page 20
- (Indirect mention only)
Notes and references
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.