|"They all looked thin and exhausted, but their eyes glittered with hostility and their fur was bristling as if they would leap into battle..."|
|— Narrator describing the RiverClan patrol in The Fourth Apprentice, page 20|
Otterheart is a dark brown she-cat.
In the Power of Three arc
In the Omen of the Stars arc
- "The lake belongs to us."
- ―Otterheart to the ThunderClan patrol The Fourth Apprentice, page 20
- When Berrynose angrily tells the patrol that ThunderClan will drink the water whether they like it or not, all of the RiverClan cats unsheathe their claws. Otterheart takes a step forward, hissing that the lake belongs to RiverClan. As the ThunderClan patrol nears the water's edge, Otterheart and her patrol watch their every move with hostile gazes.
- Eclipse (First appearance; allegiance only)
- Long Shadows (Allegiance only)
- Hollyleaf's Story (Allegiance only)
- The Fourth Apprentice
The following information is from sources considered non-canon or retconned.
- In The Clans Decide, Firestar rescues Otterheart and Pouncetail, who are both thin and wounded, from a ShadowClan patrol. After they recover in ThunderClan's camp, Otterheart returns to RiverClan and votes for Firestar to temporarily lead the Clans through the difficult leaf-bare.
- In Su Susann's "Missing Kits" on Vicky's Facebook, Heavystep and Vixentail were mates and their daughters were Graymist and Otterheart. Otterheart was also described with yellow eyes.
- (Indirect mention only)